PDA

View Full Version : Healthy hair!!

Ephemeral
May 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM
For the first time in many, many years, my sink wasn't covered with little broken pieces of hair. I have noticed the last couple of time that I washed it, the breakage was reduced, but this time - maybe 5 or 6 little pieces. That probably sounds like a lot, but I have been used to it looking like I cut my hair. There would be 25 or 30 little pieces laying around.

I think this qualifies as progress! And after only 3 months (I lurked for a while...) of oiling, supplements, S&D, CO washing and wearing my hair up.

spookyghost
May 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Congrats-isnt it a great feeling? I dont know the feeling yet but I will!;)

UpNorth
May 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
congratulations!

ladylowtide
May 18th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Yay! And is just gonna keep getting better! :cheese:

I used to see broken hairs all the time. Now all I see are full length hairs that I have shed. Keep being nice to your hair. It will keep improving. Especially if you have abused it in the past (like I have).

Ephemeral
May 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks ladies! And, I forgot to add that I gave up box dye...I think that really helped. When I think of the torture my hair has been through, it's amazing that I have any left.

hazelscythe
May 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Wonderful news :-)

Honeyfall
May 18th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Good for you! That's fantastic!

jeanniet
May 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
That's great! I'm always happy to see just a few short hairs here and there. If I see more than about 5, then I know it's time for a DT or a serious S & D session (or both).

jacqueline101
May 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
That's wonderful news.

lapushka
May 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Congrats on your progress. I remember there being these little pieces in my sink back when I had a perm and it was severely heat damaged. I know what it feels like to see the damage die down.

Amber_Maiden
May 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Congratulations!

beachgirlla
May 18th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Ephemeral, you live very close to me :).
What did you do to get less breakage, I'm still seeing these ugly little hair, may be because my hair is damaged.
I'm not so sure how you guys do the S&D without killing your eyes, LOL

Ephemeral
May 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Ephemeral, you live very close to me :).
What did you do to get less breakage, I'm still seeing these ugly little hair, may be because my hair is damaged.
I'm not so sure how you guys do the S&D without killing your eyes, LOL

Hello neighbor!

Well...I stopped using L'Oreal Feria and switched to Clairol Beautiful and Manic Panic. I oil my hair - it loves coconut oil, and take supplements. And braid my hair at night. And stop using my flat iron (as much anyway - twice a week instead of twice a day).

Wildcat Diva
May 18th, 2012, 10:44 PM
It's a great feeling to be treating your hair healthy. There are so many new, healthy things to try out, it's almost hard to pick a routine! Have you tried SMT's yet?

Ephemeral
May 18th, 2012, 11:02 PM
It's a great feeling to be treating your hair healthy. There are so many new, healthy things to try out, it's almost hard to pick a routine! Have you tried SMT's yet?

I haven't tried an SMT only because I haven't any aloe vera gel. That's probably next on my list though. My husband thinks I'm a bit obsessed - I was looking at avocado oil at the store and he asked me how many different oils I have already. Ummm...4. Well 5 if you count the raw Shea butter....

ClassicalBlonde
May 19th, 2012, 12:25 AM
That's great! It's always nice when hard work pays off :)

CurlyCurves
July 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
I am happy for you!

Micayla47
July 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
congrats. i love your color in your profile picture.:cheese:

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
Congratulations! It's always great when we can see our hard work pay off, especially when we are getting healthier. :D

Ephemeral
July 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks again everyone!! :)

gillybeanxo3921
July 2nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
oooooh that's fantastic! I love when people turn their hair around and make it healthy again! It's great to see the transformation :D

Keep up the good workkk

catamonica
July 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
That's great news.

Tisiloves
July 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Congrats! :cheese:

lmfbs
July 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
It's an awesome feeling, isn't it? I realised a very similar thing when combing my hair over the sink a few days ago - I used to have HEAPs (100+!) broken hairs in the sink, but now, like you, there's only a few.

Congratulations, you should be very, very proud.

Alvrodul
July 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Congratulations on reviving your hair!:D

palaeoqueen
July 3rd, 2012, 04:12 AM
Well done! I can't wait for the day when I stop seeing all these little broken pieces whenever I comb my hair.

blondie9912
July 3rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
Congrats!! It may not feel like a huge deal, but you're really making progress. I was looking through my monthly hair photos after taking my July 2012 shot, and you will REALLY start noticing progress soon!

For the first 3 months, I literally had my hair coconut oiled and bunned daily (it didn't look like, but at least it worked!) and later on (4+ months) I would wear a side braid most of the time.

I kind of rambled a bit there, but the point is, you're really on your way :) The progress will really start showing even more, so hang in there!!