PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle Question To Wear to Another's Wedding

Belisama
July 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
So I have a wedding coming up in a little over a month. It's a small wedding, so nothing super fancy/elegant/extravagant. I'm one of those lucky ;) ladies who needs to wear her hair up nearly all the time as it is so fine it blows everywhere and forms knots just laying there. I was hoping to find something not too severe and I came across this style. Unfortunately, instructions are not listed and I was hoping someone here knew how to do this or at least something similar.

http://www.brides.com/beauty/hairstyles/gallery/editorspick/detail/170388?f=582%3a583&offset=26

Thanks. :D

Nightshade
July 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'd love to know this too, and I'm pretty sure this is also the hairstyle that the opera singer in Dark Knight wore to the dinner with Bruce/Rachel/Harvey (though of course I can't find a picture of a still shot).

NurseMama
July 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Ooohh Pretty! Maybe a double log roll?

anna1850
July 30th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Well, I don't think this is how they did it, but you could get a similar effect by doing a loose upside down topsy tail (ie put hair in ponytail, make little hole between the ponytail band and the head and pull the pony tail up through it, leaving enough to create the bottom section) and then bun the tail which has been pulled through.

hairbrain
July 30th, 2008, 07:04 AM
How about the Nape Knot (http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip022.htm) ?
This style shows how to do the folded part.
Maybe if you added two elastics instead of one, and pinned
the second one to your nape, then did the fold...it may look closer
to the style you linked to?

Pretty style

Liluri
July 30th, 2008, 07:43 AM
To do this, I'd require assistance I think. It looks like you could ponytail your hair and leave a loop of hair, forming the small bun on top and then rolling the rest of the hair under and fanning it out a bit and pinning it a lot underneath?

MusingFrog
July 30th, 2008, 08:03 AM
This looks a bit too complicated and for me it would require too much styling gel or hairspray.

For a very similar look I'd start with a half-up, do a Gibson tuck on the bottom hair, and bun the hair in the half-up right over top.

InDarkestKnight
July 30th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I'd love to know this too, and I'm pretty sure this is also the hairstyle that the opera singer in Dark Knight wore to the dinner with Bruce/Rachel/Harvey (though of course I can't find a picture of a still shot).

The style of the Moscow Ballet prima ballerina?
She may be in the trailers, and I'm hunting around for a still shot now. Thinking the actress' IMDB page might be the trick.

That's something I wouldn't have picked up on :) Thankyou!

Nightshade
July 30th, 2008, 10:24 AM
The style of the Moscow Ballet prima ballerina?
She may be in the trailers, and I'm hunting around for a still shot now. Thinking the actress' IMDB page might be the trick.

That's something I wouldn't have picked up on :) Thankyou!

Yep, her. I remember looking at her hair during the dinner scene and then when Belisama showed me this style I realized it had to be the same thing, and there has to be instructions SOMEWHERE. :lol:

It's at least pretty similar. There were no fantastic full-on views of her hair, but one decent shot from behind and left of her that caught it well while the camera was focused on Bruce/Harvy talking.

I'm also a freak for visual details. I can get into an elevator and tell you what color eyes everyone had by the time I leave, but will probably have forgotten where the hell I'm supposed to be going.

eternallyverdan
July 30th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I just tried this (with just about classic length hair). It's actually not that difficult-- I got a messy facsimile in under five minutes using two barrettes and two elastics. What you do, like most people have said, is this:

1. Put hair in loose ponytail.

2. Stick your finger through the middle of your hair above the elastic, dividing the hair above the elastic into two equal parts

3. This is the part where it gets really difficult to explain. Basically, you're just pulling your hair through the ponytail and leaving just a loop behind, which I did like this. Put your thumb under your hair, on the side of the elastic that is furthest from your scalp. Take your other four fingers and put them into the gap above the elastic. As you reach through, grab the length of your hair between your middle and pointer finger, wrapping the ponytail around your thumb to create the loop at the bottom of the picture, then pull the length of your hair through the gap, leaving just the little loop wrapped around your thumb.

4. Pull that loop as large as you would like it to be, then take the length of your hair and drape it over your head so it's touching your face. Put another ponytail on the entire loop and on the base of the length. Make sure that this ponytail is as close to the other one as possible, or the style will look gappy and weird.

5. Take the length of your hair and put it in a bun, which I secured with the two barrettes. It looks like a slightly messier version of the above style, and you could probable clean it up with bobby pins, practice, and some assistance.

I wish I could make this make more sense, but I don't have a camera and I'm crap at directions. If anyone wants to try it and needs specifics, just ask me and I'll try my best to explain it differently.

Good luck!