PDA

View Full Version : shorter deep treatments?

afu
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else gets better results from shorter deep treatment leave in periods.

I used to always leave a deep treatment/heavy oiling/SMT on for minimum a few hours to overnight. My hair wasn't improving at all and I got awful frizz from overnight oilings.

I've now found that if i do heavy oilings only left on for max a couple of hours and SMT/deep treatments for no longer than 10mins I get amazing results; silky smoothness, no frizz and better condition.

Is my hair just odd or do others find this as well?

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
That is strange..maybe your hair is porous and absorbs too much of the treatment when left on for long times?

cmg
May 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Cant really explain it, but I used to do some rather heavy overnight treatments before, and they were WOW. Today my hair seems to have two qualities and I get better results form a short treatment, say 15 min to two hours, and the Kimberlilys antifrizz-spray between washes. Perhaps the simple explanation is that the hair changes in time. It has taken up what it needs and it is time to change treatments and/or methods.

/CMG

SurferB
May 17th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Once per week, at least 30 minutes works for me or I leave in all night.