PDA

View Full Version : Could I reach this length by Christmas?

faellen
May 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
So I'd class myself as a tiny bit past BSL (blue line - I was at this point in January). I'm aiming for waist (yellow line) in time for Christmas. I know it depends on my growth rate (which seems pretty much average of half an inch per month, maybe a little more depending), but what do you guys think? Can I get to that length by Christmas? :)
Thanks in advance for replies!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/madamedysmorphic/hair/17may2012_marked.jpg

Ohh, and I just want to mention the wonders that coconut oil and cutting down on blowdrying is doing for my hair. In the past I had to use a straightener to get any shine!

lapushka
May 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I think you will be able to reach waist by that time. I also think your waist is a little above the yellow line.

faellen
May 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I think you will be able to reach waist by that time. I also think your waist is a little above the yellow line.

Thanks, I hope so! I also think I agree with you, but didn't want to get too ahead of myself. Does that even make sense? Lol!

moon2dove
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM

I agree with what lapushka said :D

Your hair looks lovely and shiny too, very nice! Good luck!

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I think you can nothing is impossible.

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Why not? Think positive!

<3OnHerSleeve
May 17th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I definitely think you could. Maybe you could tell us how many inches you need to get to waist and then we'd know for sure if it's a probability or not based on the fact your hair grows about half an inch a month?

SurferB
May 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, you should be able to!

Carissamarie08
May 17th, 2012, 06:56 PM
That's about as far as I have to go until I get to waist length.

Falcore
May 17th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Yes, I think so for sure!

Long_hair_bear
May 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
That's about as far as I have to go until I get to waist length.

Ya me too.... Her hair is about exactly my length... :eyebrows:

Dragon Faery
May 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Looks like it to me! Especially if you don't need very many trims. :) if between the blue line and the length in that picture is your growth from January - half of May, then you should be just above the yelllow line in October if your growth rate is constant.

Good luck! :)

jeanniet
May 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Easily. I agree with Lapushka that your waist is higher than the line indicates, so I'd say you could reach waist as early as the end of summer.

dwell_in_safety
May 17th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Oh yes, I think you'll get there. I'm envious ;) ; waist is the length I plan to stay at for a while as I trim off all my dyed hair, so I'm just itching to get there myself. Your hair is lovely, by the way.

faellen
May 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Thank you all for the positivity and nice comments! :D Really can't wait for waist, this seems to have been such a long transition!

I definitely think you could. Maybe you could tell us how many inches you need to get to waist and then we'd know for sure if it's a probability or not based on the fact your hair grows about half an inch a month?

I would do this, but I've mislaid my measuring tape. :( I'll have to find something with which to measure my hair, I think it would make estimating a lot easier, lol!

Henrietta
May 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Christmas? Autumn, I'd say :) I think your waist is slightly higher than the yellow line, but even if it's just the picture and it's really where the line is, you will surely be there by Christmas, if not earlier ;)

lapushka
May 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Looks more like you'll be reaching waist sometime in the next couple of months! :)

Ticky
May 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
It most certainly looks like you could reach it by Christmas, if not earlier :)

amylou
May 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Go for it. Your hair looks so healthy so I think it will be very easily obtained.

faellen
May 19th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Thanks ladies :) fingers crossed!