PDA

View Full Version : Sense to something that makes no sense?

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
So, afte MUCH searching, I have found a product that works CONTINUOUSLY, all the time, no matter what, every wash, its crazy. Here are the ingredients for the shampoo:

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Pouteria Sapota Extract, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Wheat Amino Acids, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-55, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

see, nothing special here.
And the conditoner:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Pouteria Sapota Extract, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Maltodextrin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum).

and nothing special here...I know it has lots of botanicals and some cones near the end, but other than that, why does it work MAGIC on my hair when nothing worked continuously, ever. :confused:

afu
May 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM
maybe it is not so much the ingredients that are present but the amount of each, i notice there are a few protein sources in there, so maybe it also adds really good moisture to give you an overall perfect balance?

joflakes
May 17th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I have the same thing! I found a really cheap shampoo and conditioner. They smell amazing, they cost £1 each and here are the ingredients:

Shampoo:

Aqua (Water),Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamide MEA ,Sodium Chloride ,Panthenol ,Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil ,Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Glycerin ,Glycol Distearate ,Tetrasodium EDTA ,Polyquaternium-7 ,Laureth-10 ,Polyquaternium-39 ,Citric Acid ,Hexylene Glycol ,Methlychloroisothiazolinone ,Methylisothiasolinone ,Triethanolamine ,Parfum (Fragrance) ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Conditioner:

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetrmonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

In short, I have no idea but I have the same problem/blessing!

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I have the same thing! I found a really cheap shampoo and conditioner. They smell amazing, they cost £1 each and here are the ingredients:

Shampoo:

Aqua (Water),Sodium Laureth Sulfate ,Cocamide MEA ,Sodium Chloride ,Panthenol ,Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil ,Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract ,Cocamidopropyl Betaine ,Glycerin ,Glycol Distearate ,Tetrasodium EDTA ,Polyquaternium-7 ,Laureth-10 ,Polyquaternium-39 ,Citric Acid ,Hexylene Glycol ,Methlychloroisothiazolinone ,Methylisothiasolinone ,Triethanolamine ,Parfum (Fragrance) ,Hexyl Cinnamal ,Benzyl Salicylate ,Butylphenyl Methylpropional

Conditioner:

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetrmonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance), Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

In short, I have no idea but I have the same problem/blessing!

This both have coconut derived ingredients, maybe your hair likes coconut?:)

Suze2012
How many months/years have you guys been using these products?

I'm curious as I always found things worked amazingly for the first few months and then gradually didn't.

Hollyfire3
maybe it is not so much the ingredients that are present but the amount of each, i notice there are a few protein sources in there, so maybe it also adds really good moisture to give you an overall perfect balance?

This sounds intresting, probably the case, my just needed balance?

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
How many months/years have you guys been using these products?

I'm curious as I always found things worked amazingly for the first few months and then gradually didn't.

I have been using this for about a month, but I suspect it will keep working (knocks on wood) as I have tried many other products but none for as well as long as these have,

Suze2012
May 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I have been using this for about a month, but I suspect it will keep working (knocks on wood) as I have tried many other products but none for as well as long as these have,

Ah!

I was the same for about 3-5 months with one brand I used and then it gradually degenerated,..just watch out for it as it can creep up on you.

I think it's one of the reasons they suggest you change your products every time you need new ones. Something I rarely did to be honest.

If they work though..fantastic and I hope it lasts! :)

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Ah!

I was the same for about 3-5 months with one brand I used and then it gradually degenerated,..just watch out for it as it can creep up on you.

I think it's one of the reasons they suggest you change your products every time you need new ones. Something I rarely did to be honest.

If they work though..fantastic and I hope it lasts! :)

I think I would seriously consider WO if this one failed, this is the ONLY product to work in moons....like I said, crazy! I watch like a hawk for it to stop working but....so far the only time it has is when alter something like add a bit of another shampoo or what not, it also has brought back perfect hair after crazy shampoo/conditioner leave in or other combinations, when normally I would have to clarify and start over, so I think this has hope to becomign my new favorite thing! I hope it last too!:) (knocks on woods, again lol)

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
This both have coconut derived ingredients, maybe your hair likes coconut?:)

It's hard to find a product on the shelves that does not contain a coconut derivative.
My daughter is allergic to all things coconut and palm, so we've tried.

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Maybe your hair just likes the quality and quantity of the ingredients.

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 04:03 PM
It's hard to find a product on the shelves that does not contain a coconut derivative.
My daughter is allergic to all things coconut and palm, so we've tried.

Oh wow, I didn't know it was in so many things, did you finally find a product?

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe your hair just likes the quality and quantity of the ingredients.

Yeah...such a simple and true explanation...wish there was a crazy reason for this crazy solution, oh look at me, over thinking again lol.

joflakes
May 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Yep, maybe it does! It likes coconut oil as well =)

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Yep, maybe it does! It likes coconut oil as well =)

Then it vary well could be that the product has enough coconut in it to make your hair happy. what is the brand?

Littlewing13
May 17th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Don't forget about buildup. If you want to try a new product make sure you clarify first, to remove the coating from the last one. Also, if you really like this product, and you find that after a while it doesn't work its magic anymore, try clarifying again. If it has cones then chances are it will leave a coating.

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know it was in so many things, did you finally find a product?

We found one (special ordered on-line), but it didn't work very well. She seems to keep allergic reactions subdued by rotating products. At any given time, she's got 3 or 4, and she never uses the same one twice. I don't know why that works, but it seems to.

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Don't forget about buildup. If you want to try a new product make sure you clarify first, to remove the coating from the last one. Also, if you really like this product, and you find that after a while it doesn't work its magic anymore, try clarifying again. If it has cones then chances are it will leave a coating.

I did not clarify before using this, but clarifyed a week or so later and the product just started to work even better, I'll keep the idea of clarifying in the back of my mind just in case now.:)

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
We found one (special ordered on-line), but it didn't work very well. She seems to keep allergic reactions subdued by rotating products. At any given time, she's got 3 or 4, and she never uses the same one twice. I don't know why that works, but it seems to.

Well, at least somethign works..even if it mean rotating. I would be worried NOTHING would work if coconut is in fact in many products.