PDA

View Full Version : Constitution Day updo

Alvrodul
May 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Here is my Constitution Day updo! It looks very complicated, but is not really as difficult to create as it might seem. It is comfortable and has held up well, too! :D I am wearing one of my vintage combs as decoration.
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/Updos%202012/ConstitutionDayupdo2.jpg

How I did it: I sectioned my hair in three parts (plus two small bits for the accent braids): Front, middle and back. The two small sections for the accents are between the front and the middle section. I made three ponytails - the pony for the back section is about where the middle of the bun is. the two others are tied off approximately where the top of the bun is. From each ponytail i made a "knot braid" and tied off. I then twisted the back knot braid into a bun, and fastened with hairpins. I then twisted the two other knot braid around the center bun, one at a time, and pinned. I English braided the accent sections, and looped them around my bun. deployed a couple more pins for safety, then added my Victorian treasure.:D

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Its very pretty. I like it thanks for sharing.

ApatheticFairy
May 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
How long is your hair?

Neecola
May 17th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Love it! What a unique way to display such a lovely comb.

meishkamooshka
May 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM
This is beautiful! Way to go! :thumbsup:

Noortje
May 17th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Gratulera med dagen! -I hope you're norwegian? :D

Gorgeous hairdo, and if I see you in my neck of the woods, I'm stealing that comb!!!

OilPaint
May 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Very Pretty! I'm always looking for something different to do with really long hair, but the weight of it usually prevents me from doing pretty things like this.

I love you color, by the way. :smile:

joflakes
May 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
That looks lovely. =)

Ephemeral
May 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I have hair envy....it's so lovely!

leslissocool
May 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
OH MY! :crush: absolutely wonderful, this totally made my day! It's so pretty!

Kizuna
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Beautiful!
And your describtion doesn't sound too complicated. I don't know what a knot braid is though, but I'm sure it could look cool with different kind of braids too. :D I love that vintage comb!

islandboo
May 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Hooray! I love the Constitution Day updo tradition :D This one is very pretty.

catamonica
May 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Your hairstyle is beautiful. And the color is beautiful to.

Elistariel
May 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Gorgeous. :)
I kind of hate to have to ask, but what is Constitution Day? :confused:

lapushka
May 17th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Beautiful! How did you do the updo?

Ticky
May 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I agree with others, it looks really nice all together :)

BrightEyes
May 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Gorgeous updo, I love it:)

Alvrodul
May 18th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Thank you all for the nice compliments! :flower:

As for the more specific questions:
ApatheticFairy, I am between tailbone length and classic.
Noortje, yes, I am Norwegian. and as for my comb, it's MINEMINEMINE!!! :luke:
Kizuna - For a knot braid, you just split the section you want to braid into two, and proceed by making a series of loose knots down the length. this braid will eat up a lot of length! Just fasten the ends with a hair elastic - and make sure that it is tucked under when yu have coiled your hair into a bun! :)
Islandboo - the Constitution Day updo is a rather young tradition - I only started it last year! :p But I'll be delighted if people let themselves be inspired by it and start making their own updos on their own national holidays. (This goes double for my fellow Norwegians, of course! :cheese:)
Elistariel, read about the Norwegian Constitution Day here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegian_Constitution_Day) - or think about as a giant, nation-wide birthday party. :D
Lapushka, I made a description of how I made the updo below the picture.

faellen
May 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Wonderful, and that vintage comb looks lovely. I'd never be able to do something like that, lol

lapushka
May 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Lapushka, I made a description of how I made the updo below the picture.

Thank you! It sounds really complicated though. I'm not sure I could replicate it. :)

arc691
May 19th, 2012, 04:01 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies%205/fab1.gif

theodora
May 19th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I always love pictures of your hair, between your colour and your taste in hair toys, but this updo really left me gobsmacked, it looks absolutely amazing! Definitely inspiring!

Alvrodul
May 19th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thank you! :flower: