PDA

View Full Version : Tresemme causing dermatitis??

emma907
May 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I was at my Dermatologist today for ongoing treatment for Alopciea, and she mentioned that Tresemme can cause dermatisis of the scalp - I use the cone free conditioner from tresemme and I do have some scalp dermatitis.

I wondered if anyone here has noticed this affect from Tresemme or if it is just a coincidence?:confused:

afu
May 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I used tresemme naturals for a short while (conditioner only) and it gave me an itchy scalp and dry brittle hair :(

MonicaJean
May 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Hmmm.... I had been using their dry shampoo right before I developed it. It was only the dry shampoo though so I don't guess it would have whatever it is that supposedly causes it. Interesting though. I will also note that I've stopped using it and it is now clearing up very well, though I have made a lot of changes in hopes of clearing it up, so who knows.

gogirlanime
May 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance (parfum), lauroyl lysine, caprylyl glycol, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aspartic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, citric acid, alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

From my guess it is probably those ingredients they can be irritants and very drying. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Try VO5 if you haven't my hair is loving it!

Mommyof4
May 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Hm... why Tresemme? Did she mention which ingredient?

emma907
May 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
No she didn't specify what chemical it was, just that as a brand she has seen it cause dermatitis.

Ashlbee
May 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I've been using their shampoo and conditioner (anti-breakage and moisture formulas) for almost a year now and haven't had any problems so far that I can tell. My scalp is occasionally itchy but nothing above normal. My only complaint is my hair gets oily very quickly. Once I run out of my current bottles I'll be trying new brands to see if my hair responds better.

Suze2012
May 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I've been using Tresemme Naturals for a few days for co-washing and I have found it quite drying to be honest.

I've had to lessen the quantity when using it (going against all i have read so far about not being able to overdo how much conditioner you use). It has helped..but I am only new to this and to co-washing.
I will watch out for any problems but as yet I have none apart from some dryness if I use a lot of it (in comparison to a Tesco Coconut cone free condish I used last week that is).

summergreen
May 17th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I have used Tresemme shampoo just once, and had to rewash my hair the same day because my scalp was hot and glowing, and it was starting to affect my face as well - I do have a very sensitive scalp and can't use any dyes or henna but not many shampoos have affected it that badly!