PDA

View Full Version : I love my hair. I DO, i REALLY DO!

longNred
May 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I love my hair. I DO, i REALLY DO! there are a few things that make me insane though....

• having a shed hair somewhere on me, having it repeatedly brush my arm, yet it takes me forever to find it.
• when a few hairs in a braid are pulled too tight.
• when the darn stick won't keep the bun up like it normally does. planets must not be aligned properly or something.
• I really should just keep the dustbuster in the bathroom for the shed hairs I notice on the WHITE TILE FLOOR. (why did I ever think a white tile floor was a good idea??)
• how does it get woven into clothes in the washer?!?! do you like my new shirt? it's a blend of organic cotton and human hair....
• when it literally gives new meaning to "hair across your arse".

ok, long hair annoyance rant over. back to regularly scheduled growing. feel free to add your annoyances today, or just nod in agreement.

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Oh my goodness; yes! All of the above.

Plus those days when my up-do won't stay no matter what I do, preferring to twist and sag and pull. Gah! Where's my scissors!?

afu
May 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I hate how im constantly in s&d mode, if im out somewhere and notice a white spot or split it drives me insane - i wish it was socially acceptable to carry hairdressing scissors around and make quick hair snips!

longNred
May 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Omgosh Spidermom, the "sag & pull" is the WORST! feels AND looks awful!

and afu, I'd LOVE a tiny pair of snips I could wear around my neck... most would think it's just a clever necklace.. but in reality I could snip splits when sitting in traffic. May have to look for that...

afu
May 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
brilliant idea longnred! if you find any make sure you let me know!

Honeyfall
May 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hahaha!! You are so funny.

I've got two:
1) When a shed hair makes its way under my shirt, especially in public. It drives me crazy tickling me, and there is no polite way to find and remove it!
2) How the hair around my ears sticks straight out from my head, instead of graciously staying in updos or tucked behind my ears like it is supposed to. :angry:

sarelis
May 17th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Am I the only one who steps out of the shower after washing my hair then while towelling discovers shed hairs caught in my butt crack?? :o GAAHH!!

longNred
May 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
sarelis - that's EXACTLY what I mean! only I tend to notice it when I'm already at the office.

LOL Honeyfall - the "antennae" look is lovely!

UpNorth
May 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one who steps out of the shower after washing my hair then while towelling discovers shed hairs caught in my butt crack?? :o GAAHH!!

LOL! This!!!!! Always

door72067
May 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Omgosh Spidermom, the "sag & pull" is the WORST! feels AND looks awful!

and afu, I'd LOVE a tiny pair of snips I could wear around my neck... most would think it's just a clever necklace.. but in reality I could snip splits when sitting in traffic. May have to look for that...

you can get something like this in any craft/sewing store

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=DRITZ-177 (http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=DRITZ-177)

and a prettier version

http://www.joann.com/dritz-3-folding-scissors/prd34241/?green=A176A926-910B-5A64-B97E-2D2D3D21D11E

jacqueline101
May 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I love it when my hair wants to create its own style. I want one thing it wants another. Won't hold no matter what. I love it when I go to measure for progress as to where its grown and reaches what part. Of the body it decides to curl tight. Up until then its almost straight.

longNred
May 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM
you can get something like this in any craft/sewing store
http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=DRITZ-177 (http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=DRITZ-177)

and a prettier version
http://www.joann.com/dritz-3-folding-scissors/prd34241/?green=A176A926-910B-5A64-B97E-2D2D3D21D11E

ooooh! would those be ok to cut splits with?

ladylowtide
May 17th, 2012, 12:06 PM
OMG yes.
1. hair around the ears that goes straight out.
2. planets not aligned properly for updo
3. post shower butt crack hairs

and ill add on some of my own.

4. Hair it that only wants or part in the opposite direction of where I need it to go :mad:
5. Hair that only shows its 1b-ness through annoying cowlicks, and randomly places non-flattering flips.

PixieKitten
May 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I definately agree with the hair in the buttcrack thing!! It's one of the main reasons I have baths in stead whenever I can!

Also, I hate hate HATE that one side of my hair curls WAY more than the other. Both sides look mice, but not together! Pick a style and stick with it, hair!!
And when parted in the centre, my fringe will curl so it goes directly in front of my eyes. and it's not quite long enough to stay tucked behind my ears yet ¬_¬

MISBEHAVING CUUUUURRRRLS! *shakes fist*

kittengirl
May 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I hate how im constantly in s&d mode, if im out somewhere and notice a white spot or split it drives me insane - i wish it was socially acceptable to carry hairdressing scissors around and make quick hair snips!
haha, socially acceptable or not, I do just that! :p

Mayflower
May 17th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Ooooh I feel your pain! Whenever I brush my hair there will always be a hair that falls onto my shirt and annoy the heck out of me! If I'm wearing a black shirt it can take a long time before I notice my dark hair on it and it will just keep tickling my arm. Gah.

Also, whenever I'm cleaning my room I will notice disgusting balls on my carpet which are a combination of my and my cat's hair. We both apparently shed on the exact same spot so that our hairs can form nice gigantic Vacuum Killers from Hell.

Amethyste
May 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM
am I the only one who finds hair entwined through my necklaces?

lapushka
May 17th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Never mind the long hairs, what about those tiny bits, wisps, that feather out of an updo and somehow end up in your eye.

lolot
May 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
i hate those and i hate when i goes into my mouth, in kisses, eating and mostly when it get trapped into my bubblegum

kitschy
May 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I hate it when I'm wearing any kind of bead or sequin on a shirt and my hair gets all tangled in them.

I have three shirts/tops like this and they are darned cute, but I just can't wear them.

okiesarah
May 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Chalk up another vote for annoying buttcrack hairs.

And I put my hair in a nice looking nautilus bun at work with a fork, got home, took it down to redo it more solidly, and tried for AN HOUR to put it up and have it look decent and stay. No dice. I definitely felt like the "Y U NO?" meme.

Hollyfire3
May 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Nope, i also do! I have a little dark hairball near the clasp of my necklace....:rolleyes:, no clue how THAT got there....

longNred
May 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM

I only dare wear them when my hair is up.

glad to know I'm not the only one with these annoyances! totally worth it though...

bo-peep
May 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I hate it when I find one of my hairs wrapped around my 10-month old granddaughter's fingers or in her mouth.
...Or shed hairs wrapped around the casters on my chair at work (which makes the wheels "catch" and not roll smoothly.

I'm with you - I love my long hair - as long as it stays where it belongs.

dwell_in_safety
May 17th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I've had hairs wrap about food before, unbeknownst to me until it got stuck on something in my throat/mouth and HURT as my esophagus carried on with peristalsis as usual to swallow the food. Urgh.

Honeyfall
May 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I've had hairs wrap about food before, unbeknownst to me until it got stuck on something in my throat/mouth and HURT as my esophagus carried on with peristalsis as usual to swallow the food. Urgh.

I bet! :scared:

red-again
May 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
so funny, not even got bsl length hair yet and the OP stuff happens to me already!

I have even found a stray hair warning TMI, coming out of my bum that I must have ingested as I can't imagine HOW it would have worked its way up!! It really hurt to remove it and my hands were slippy with shower gel too so I couldn't get a grip!
WHAT??...I did say it was TMI!!

Sitting here laughing!!

OilPaint
May 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I love my long hair, but the things that get me the most are:
-When I forget to put my hair up before reclining in my favorite chair, the the crease of the cushion grabs it and I have to free myself before standing up :bigeyes:
-I forget *again* to put my hair up while cleaning and bend over and step on it and fall to the floor. lol My husband never knows whether to be sympathetic and concerned or laugh his butt off.

ladyofrohan
May 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Oh yes, SO all of this. Not to mention random chin-length bits of hair that just sort of appear out of nowhere, get tucked behind my ears in desperation, then proceed to curl outwards and look like some sort of animal horn.

Where do they come from, anyway? I haven't had bangs in forever.

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
The weirdest thing was one day I felt a hair tickling my calf, so I reached down to remove it, but but then I felt a pull at my scalp. Say what!? For a few seconds I was totally confused; how could one hair grow that long between trims? Then I realized that it was a shed hair knotted onto the end of a still-attached hair.

ApatheticFairy
May 17th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I'm not even BSL yet, and I get some of this.

My favorite is the beautiful clogs in the tub from my scalp massages during conditioning in the shower. My Drain-o bill is starting to catch up to what I used to pay in haircuts when I was "shaping" it at the salon every month.

My boyfriend stealing all my BBB's and putting pomade in his hair with it. >.< How do you even get that goop OUT? I've had to buy like 4 of them because he keeps losing the ones he steals.

kallarina
May 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Ooh, how about...
When I'm S&Ding while sitting on the couch watching tv, finish, put the scissors away, go about my business doing other things, and start to get really really itchy... Because all the ends landed in my shirt and are poking me!
Anyone else?

julierockhead
May 17th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I love that it grows so fast, and I REALLY love to henna my hair often, but grey roots arrrrrrrgh.:rant:

Cleaning the vacuum roller brush every. single. time. I use it. (Two dogs, two cats, two longhairs household).

Necklace tangles.

Just to end on a happy note, I have been putting my shed hairs from my comb out on the backyard fence for the birds, and I saw red hair trailing out of the birdhouse outside the kitchen window. Squeeee!

Kittykins
May 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM

Me too! :o

Ticky
May 18th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Oh I get that, too. I loove it when it gets woven in my clothes shudder:

oddelabop
May 18th, 2012, 04:28 AM

Hahaha!! Hysterical!! I know this annoyance all to well...casually srying my hair and BAMM hair up my arse. The first time i noticed this, I thought I was growing a mane downstairs...FREAKY STUFF!

carmac21
May 18th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Iv become hair paranoid!! when my boyfriend wants to play fight and gets my hair in a tangled mess....then tries to help the situation by 'fixing' it!! I'd love a sign around my neck saying...."Please dont go near my hair because I will flip out!!" :justy:

OilPaint
May 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Cleaning the vacuum roller brush every. single. time. I use it.
lol I know this one too well! I just had to buy a new beater bar for my vacuum because the bearings in the old one wore out due to hair tangles. Between me, my husband's shoulder length hair, and my constantly shedding cat; we've killed several vacuum cleaners.:rollin:

Amethyste
May 24th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Light tan bathroom tiles and long(er) red hair do not mix well!

also, I find sometimes some of my hair on my little bulldog's nose ~ the vaccuum cleaner that she is :D

Amber_Maiden
May 24th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Oh definitely!!!!

Strelitzia
May 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hah, this is brilliant - can relate to rather a lot of these!! Hair getting caught in one's nether regions after a shower has been annoying me for years! :o

My particular one of the moment is:
shed hairs on the floor that form into a loose little mass that move with the slightest touch of air and make me jump 10 feet because I think it's a spider.:run::couch: Grrr. Don't know how many more heart-pounding adrenaline rushes I can take!!

Jing
May 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
How DO they get woven into clothing? I'm always trying to pull the damn things out of my husband's socks after laundry. I can understand how they can pierce through cloth, but actually weaving in and out and back and forth like that? Grah!

Feeling obliged to be the one to clean the shower drain because those are all my hairs making nests down there.

door72067
June 1st, 2012, 08:20 AM
ooooh! would those be ok to cut splits with?

I think they would be fine as they are quite sharp

they are meant for cutting embroidery/needlework threads

spookyghost
June 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM

I was just thinking that! It just collects there!:lol:

This thread is too funny-love it! Im another all of the above!

snowcloud
June 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Wow I wish my hair was long enough to ahve those kind of concerns. I can't remember the last time my hair went past my shoulders

HintOfMint
June 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM

A neat trick to prevent it is to have hair draped over your shoulder in front of you at all times in the shower and never rinse out your hair while it's draped behind you. That way, loose strands just go down your leg in the front and don't really get trapped in the vertical smile.

Kittykins
June 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM
If I'm at my DBF's house, I will of just finish combing my hair out and his little sister will come along and play with it. I wouldn't mind but every time she plays with it, I can hear hairs breaking.

Tisiloves
June 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM
1) The annoying flip/kink my hair forms over my shoulders, it point blank refuses to hold any deliberate wave or curl, but the shoulder kink is eternal.
2)How can hair so straight tangle so easily? Seriously, how?