PDA

View Full Version : New, from the south

OilPaint
May 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Hi. I'm new to the forums, but thought that this might be a good group to get to know.

I've been growing my hair out my entire life and have considered cutting it now and then, but just have never gotten the nerve to do anything with it. My mother decided not to have our hair cut until I was 14, and then the choice was left up to me (as long as it wasn't a mo-hawk). What ended up happening is that I've never gone to get my hair cut; not even the ends trimmed. The only hair cut I ever had was when I was about 5 years old, I took a pair of scissors and cut a small lock of hair because I wanted bangs. It wasn't even a noticeable amount.

My hair has always grown slowly, no matter what changes I make to my washing routine or diet and exercise... The only increase I ever noticed was when I started wearing it up in a bun day-in and day-out.

I hope to get some new ideas on how to better take care of my hair and help it to grow longer.

swearnsue
May 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome to LHC! That is funny about you trying to cut some bangs when you were 5, LOL. Aren't we brave at that age???

Carissamarie08
May 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Hello and welcome!

OilPaint
May 17th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Beatnik Guy
May 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Welcome to LHC! :)

spidermom
May 18th, 2012, 04:00 PM
At 60" you probably know more about hair than I can tell you. Welcome.

Autumn
May 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Welcome! You have beautiful hair! Many of us keep our hair up most of the time also. This is a great place to learn new hair care methods, styles, products, toys, etc.