PDA

View Full Version : Siblings and hair...

Hollyfire3
May 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone here have a sibling who is funny about/thinking they know ALL about long hair and how to care for it? My brother, who was over yesterday, looked at my hair and said "wow, your hair's so long"...now I chopped 3 inches in January and am still mourning it, but it is 1 or so inches away from being back to pre-chop so...whatever, thanks for the compliment. But then he proceeded to try and comb it (ouch ouch ouch)...he tenativly took a piece and yanked, I took the comb and did it myself, so THEN he MAJORLY side parted it and acted like it was the best look ever on me...all the thickness on one side, no thanks! but, he left it this way and combed some more, took a huge claw clip, lightly twisted 3/4ths of my hair into some bun like blob then complained when the big claw clip wouldn't fit...but he stuck it hanging on there anyways. He admired his creation (me) and said it looked "punk rock" and awsome....right....it looked like a 5 year old tried to do my hair for fun..but the 5 year old would have done better! He also thinks my hair looks better straightened, thinks it is too crazy and poofy (even when I KNOW (and have worked hard on it to not be)its not!), he tells me all these crazy mainstream tips but really has no clue about what to do with the mess on my head....So anyone else here think a sibling or other family memeber is annoying for thinkign they know all about YOUR hair?

Changling
May 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM
He sounds 12. "I watched a TV show and now I'm a pro at whatever it was about." That's my impression of a 12-year-old. ...or my ex-husband. Either one.

Hollyfire3
May 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
He sounds 12. "I watched a TV show and now I'm a pro at whatever it was about." That's my impression of a 12-year-old. ...or my ex-husband. Either one.

He's not 12, he's 14...he's my much younger step brother lol...

Changling
May 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
He's not 12, he's 14...he's my much younger step brother lol...

haha, I was close! That's your problem, right there. XD

arcane
May 16th, 2012, 07:42 PM
At 14, I'd let it go. At least he wants to spend time with you. I don't think my step brother would notice if I was suddenly bald, especially when he was 14 (though we have never lived together but we do enjoy each others company when we are around each other, he just doesn't care about hair).

My mother likes to ask me hair care questions so I have never really delt with someone who "knows it all." In fact I think I may be the annoying "know it all" of the family.

Hollyfire3
May 16th, 2012, 07:43 PM
haha, I was close! That's your problem, right there. XD

Its not MY problem, its HIS problem lol...but yes, he does think he know all about my hair...annoying really.

Hollyfire3
May 16th, 2012, 07:45 PM
At 14, I'd let it go. At least he wants to spend time with you. I don't think my step brother would notice if I was suddenly bald, especially when he was 14 (though we have never lived together but we do enjoy each others company when we are around each other, he just doesn't care about hair).

My mother likes to ask me hair care questions so I have never really delt with someone who "knows it all." In fact I think I may be the annoying "know it all" of the family.

Yeah, its all in good humor, but its just kinda funny that he would assume all of these mainstream methods of daily straightening, ripping a brush through, underconditioning an so on..would work on my poor hair, or others hair for that matter, for some, his "tips" would work, but for others like me...not worth it!

Servana
May 17th, 2012, 12:55 AM
My brother can also be very annoying about hair. He maintains his hair at 1/2 an inch of length & any time he sees a guy with hair longer than this he goes on a long rant about how that guy needs to cut his hair. And he is constantly telling me I need to cut my hair, I need to brush it, etc. It's very irritating, but I try not to say anything.

Bene
May 17th, 2012, 01:10 AM
14 sounds about the right age for silly humor.

Had a b/f who'd put on a fake french accent then proceed to mess around with my hair for a few minutes, putting all of if into the messiest topknot possible (picture a sumo wrestler mugged by clowns) then exclaim "Aha! Mah mazterpeeze eez ah feeneeshed! Ho ho ho! Anz now, you pay me 300 American dollarz! Ah am zee, how you say, 'Rockstar hairstylist to zee stars' 300 American dollarz or I shall speet on your foie gras!"

We were much older than 14 at the time, but you get the drift.

joflakes
May 17th, 2012, 01:25 AM
14 sounds about the right age for silly humor.

Had a b/f who'd put on a fake french accent then proceed to mess around with my hair for a few minutes, putting all of if into the messiest topknot possible (picture a sumo wrestler mugged by clowns) then exclaim "Aha! Mah mazterpeeze eez ah feeneeshed! Ho ho ho! Anz now, you pay me 300 American dollarz! Ah am zee, how you say, 'Rockstar hairstylist to zee stars' 300 American dollarz or I shall speet on your foie gras!"

We were much older than 14 at the time, but you get the drift.

:lol:
I think that sounds funny!

My boyfriend just combs my hair for me, in a perfect and gentle way!

As for the OP....haha! At least he is interested. At 15, my step-brother really couldn't care less. I think it's kinda sweet!

fridgee
May 17th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I think it's just a nice fun thing for brother and sister to do together. You don't have to leave it how he styled it or take his tips to heart, just enjoy the silly time together. Yes little brothers can be annoying, but things like that can be nice memories when your older if you take it for what it is rather than laughing at a 14 year old boy for not knowing everything about optimum hair care, teenagers frequently think they know everything, he'll find out soon enough he doesn't!

Bagginslover
May 17th, 2012, 04:36 AM
I think its lovely, that at 14, he takes an intereast and wants to play with your hair! Most boys I know of that age (which is a lot as I work in a secondary school) woulnd't be seen dead playing with their sisters hair, or their girlfriends for that matter!