PDA

View Full Version : Concert hair~

RoseOfClare
May 16th, 2012, 11:25 AM
OK so last night I was at a Staind and Godsmack concert.......... it was packed and I had my hair tied up........ And let me say it was an awesome concert!!!!!!

Well this women in front of me had almost classic length hair!!!!!!! With fairytale ends and everything!!!! and I was admiring while walking behind her (making sure to keep my cotton candy far from it) and she said a bunch of times to me "Please don't get it in my hair"

I told her don't worry, I'm cautious bout my hair too. And she gave me the weirdest look ever......... I won't lie I'm no where near that length I'm about 4 inches from my natural waist.... but I don't know why I'd get such an odd look..but oh well

Anyone else have an experience like this?

heidi w.
May 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM
OK so last night I was at a Staind and Godsmack concert.......... it was packed and I had my hair tied up........ And let me say it was an awesome concert!!!!!!

Well this women in front of me had almost classic length hair!!!!!!! With fairytale ends and everything!!!! and I was admiring while walking behind her (making sure to keep my cotton candy far from it) and she said a bunch of times to me "Please don't get it in my hair"

I told her don't worry, I'm cautious bout my hair too. And she gave me the weirdest look ever......... I won't lie I'm no where near that length I'm about 4 inches from my natural waist.... but I don't know why I'd get such an odd look..but oh well

Anyone else have an experience like this?

When you get longer hair, you will understand her concern then. Cotton candy could represent a chunk of hair needs to be cut, perhaps in the weirdest place. You wouldn't like that prospect.

In other news, they now sell this stuff at Walgreens counters in my area labeled/named "Fluffy Stuff" which is essentially a bag of cotton candy. No more fancy words. People will in the future call cotton candy, fluffy stuff. The dumbing down of America continues.

Onward, march. 1, 2; 1,2
LOL

heidi w.
PS. and I'm the one who can't get a job. LOL

Celtic Morla
May 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
She probably didnt see how long your hair is, you should have mentioined longhair community!LOL. I would have told her I loved her hair and was tyring to grow to classic too...then hse might have got it ...what no pics????

afu
May 16th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I personally think it was very rude of her to keep telling you like that, like you said - even though your hair is long (yes i know not as long as hers but still) you had the sense to updo your hair to protect it. If she is that worried about damage, especially from other people at a public even she should have simply taken matters into her own hands and put her hair up. for someone who is so worried she was acting very carelessly

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Having long hair in the past everything becomes an object of destruction.

UpNorth
May 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I also think it is rude. But I do understand her because its very hard to see who actually take well care of their hair if it is still rather "short", but she could have put her own hair up!

jeanniet
May 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Getting cotton candy in your hair isn't the worst thing that could happen at a concert. It's just sugar, so it would wash right out--I can't see any reason why you'd have to cut it out. Gum or cigarettes or any number of things would be worse. But then if I was at a concert, I wouldn't have my hair down at all.

pepperminttea
May 16th, 2012, 05:32 PM
But then if I was at a concert, I wouldn't have my hair down at all.

Agreed. It seems like she spent her night worrying about her hair instead of enjoying the concert simply because she didn't put it up. :shrug: Bit of a no brainer, really.

MagicAndMayhem
May 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Getting cotton candy in your hair isn't the worst thing that could happen at a concert.

This. At the concerts I've been to, try getting beer, fake bodily fluids,
and a variety of other unknown entities out of your hair.

truepeacenik
May 16th, 2012, 09:11 PM
My story was posted elsewhere, but the short version was drunk chick in concert bathroom, NYE, touched my hair and I read her the riot act.

I start shows with my hair up. It always, always comes down (caveat, I see shows in smoke free states) because it wants to dance, too.

I've had it burned, which sucked.
Usually, I just get elbows in my head. Damn normal height men.

If I was weirded out by someone holding a potential "danger," I'd move.

But who gets cotton candy at a concert? Was it out doors and related to a fair?

rock007junkie
May 17th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Getting cotton candy in your hair isn't the worst thing that could happen at a concert. It's just sugar, so it would wash right out--I can't see any reason why you'd have to cut it out. Gum or cigarettes or any number of things would be worse. But then if I was at a concert, I wouldn't have my hair down at all.

Agreed! because of all the smokers and headbangers at concerts I always make sure I bun my hair. When I went to see Metallica in September I really wanted to leave my hair down just to feel free and whatnot but the thought of somebody dropping beer on my hair or a cigarrette burning some of it kept me away from that.

Becky9679
May 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Wearing it up is definitely the best solution. I love to have it loose and be able to headbang properly but the last time I did this was Combichrist last year and I spent the entire evening worrying because it was constantly getting caught in the crush of bodies around me and yanked etc. I didn't enjoy the show at all because my hair was just on my mind too much. Ever since this I've worn it up and been much happier. I can't imagine wearing classic hair length loose at a gig!

Braids are pretty good for staying up, my crown braid at Rammstein drew quite a few admiring glances and I wore it all day, got to the front, was thrashing around like a mad thing and it was still fine at the end of it all.

Spidermom has a really cool idea for braids at a gig - do several plain english ones in a line going down the middle of your head like a mohawk, at least 5 or 6 of them. I've yet to try this one because I need some teeny elastics to tie them off but I intend to do it as soon as I can.

faellen
May 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Well, personally I don't really think it was necessary for her to keep telling you. And cotton candy would wash out anyway, it's not chewing gum (speaking of which, chewing gum is actually removable too).

In other news, they now sell this stuff at Walgreens counters in my area labeled/named "Fluffy Stuff" which is essentially a bag of cotton candy. No more fancy words. People will in the future call cotton candy, fluffy stuff. The dumbing down of America continues.

In the UK we call it candy floss :p

heidihug
May 17th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Nevermind the hair talk, I'm just very jealous that you got to see Staind and Godsmack. :)

And, to give you my $.02 on the matter, I do wear my hair up when I go to concerts, but generally "up" as in a high ponytail split into lots of little ornamented braids. I can't imagine why someone with very long hair wouldn't want to protect it to some degree when they are at an event like that.

Vampyria
May 17th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I agree that she probably didn't know that you also have long hair, because you wore it up.

Someone always manages to spill beer on my hair at the concerts. Of course I refuse to wear my hair up at a metal concert and I think people should not try to head bang totally drunk with beer in their hands. :rolleyes: Well the beer in my hair doesn't bother me that much (it's easier for me to head bang with wet hair :p) as having soaking wet top or a T-shirt.

RoseOfClare
May 17th, 2012, 07:59 AM
She probably didnt see how long your hair is, you should have mentioined longhair community!LOL. I would have told her I loved her hair and was tyring to grow to classic too...then hse might have got it ...what no pics????

Mum, my hands were full with cotton candy eating it while holding it u really think I could've gotten a pic??? lol U know me I think with my stomach first

Micayla47
May 17th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I personally think it was very rude of her to keep telling you like that, like you said - even though your hair is long (yes i know not as long as hers but still) you had the sense to updo your hair to protect it. If she is that worried about damage, especially from other people at a public even she should have simply taken matters into her own hands and put her hair up. for someone who is so worried she was acting very carelessly
i agree! put your hair up and chillax!

RoseOfClare
May 17th, 2012, 08:02 AM
But who gets cotton candy at a concert? Was it out doors and related to a fair?

it was an indoor concert..... I'm not a big drinker so I skipped the beer and got cotton candy. I have a major sweet tooth. It was during the changing of bands. They had snowcones selling too hahaha

Tisiloves
May 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I agree that she probably didn't know that you also have long hair, because you wore it up.

Someone always manages to spill beer on my hair at the concerts. Of course I refuse to wear my hair up at a metal concert and I think people should not try to head bang totally drunk with beer in their hands. :rolleyes: Well the beer in my hair doesn't bother me that much (it's easier for me to head bang with wet hair :p) as having soaking wet top or a T-shirt.

Aren't beer rinses meant to be good for hair? Arrow swears by them.

rach
May 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Concert i'll always have my hair up.
reasons -
bags and coats catching hair and potential to rip hair out.
foods , drinks, sweat - ew
nits (i am NOT catching them)

concerts are to relax and enjoy . Out of harm and chillax.

Vampyria
May 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Aren't beer rinses meant to be good for hair? Arrow swears by them.

Yes I've heard that too. I've always washed it with a shampoo after, so I wouldn't know about the effect on my hair.

spidermom
May 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Getting cotton candy in my mouth would be far worse than getting it in my hair. Blech!