PDA

View Full Version : Two years at LHC!

ole gray mare
July 29th, 2008, 01:29 AM
So my second anniversary of joining LHC was last week. I took a photo this evening to compare with two years ago and last year.

Pretty underwhelmed, I must admit! :( My hair is quite sheer from APL down, plus it simply hasn't grown much in the last year.

Ah well...the good news is that it continues to improve in health and it IS growing and it IS getting thicker. It's just going to take a while before the thickness is even. And it is nice to see that I'm flirting with waist length at long last... :)

However, looking at these photos on me suggests to me that my terminal length is not quite as long as I wish it were!

Without further ado...here is my anniversary pic.http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h180/katrinabee/twoyearcompareLHC.jpg

jojo
July 29th, 2008, 01:33 AM
wow! what progress, what beautiful hair you have; i love the colour!

Congratulations!

Ohio Sky
July 29th, 2008, 01:35 AM
It definitely looks shinier and in better condition!

You never know about terminal length though, it could be close or you could just be in a little growth stall. (Ok, sometimes they're not 'little.') But it's not really bad growth for a year. Looks to be around 4", which wouldn't be far below average, and that's assuming you haven't trimmed at all.

sexyjacksparrow
July 29th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Your hair is beautfiul OGM!

ETA: Looks like I've just passed my two year anniversary here too. My hair isn't any longer than when I joined, but is hopefully in slightly better condition.

Kerry xx

DecafJane
July 29th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Your hair looks lovely - I love the colour. Congratulations.

DavidN
July 29th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Congratulations to you, my friend, on your second year anniversary at the LHC!:toast: I have always thought that you have the most beautiful hair, and I love the colour!:flowers:

paper
July 29th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Happy Anniversary :flowers: I think your hair looks alot longer. Very pretty, congrats!

Teazel
July 29th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Whatever your goals for your hair are, it's very beautiful now. Enjoy it, you're an inspiration! :flower:

greekprincess
July 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is absolutely beautiful.

30isthenewblack
July 29th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Happy Anniversary! I agree it's a gorgeous colour!

Minx
July 29th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Amazing colour, really pretty!

Happy Anniversary!

TammySue
July 29th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous!

AutumnLeaves
July 29th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Congrats on 2 LHC years, sweetie!!! I too love the color and think your hair is beautiful! I love your avatar/profile pic with the black coat. Your hair looks so thick and lovely. I'm sure you will regrow those shed hairs. Hormones can do a number on you, but it comes back, right? And look at how thin you are! I'm in serious awe!

FrannyG
July 29th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Happy, happy anniversary, my friend! :toast: Your hair really does look lovely, and more importantly, you are lovely yourself, inside and out. :inlove:
What a pleasure it's been to get to know you these past two years. :blossom:

lora410
July 29th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Wow you have some amazing growth and hair!!! Congrats :D

swanns
July 29th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Great growth! And I absolutely love your colour, beautiful :)

Chamomile betty
July 29th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary.
I think your hair is beautiful.

Islandgrrl
July 29th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Happy Anniversary, OGM! What beautiful hair you have. Hopefully you've just hit a slow patch, and you'll keep gaining length! But even if you are at terminal (really doubtful), your hair is just so lovely!!!

Silver & Gold
July 29th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I hope when all my grey hairs finally emerge that my hair looks as nice as yours.
As far as terminal . . . I think I remember reading that you had a major shed a while back, so my suspicion is that if you wait a couple more years for those shed hairs to get longer you'll find that you've a ways to go before you get to terminal.
I don't know about you but I shed in cycles. Unfortunately I've never bothered to make note of the times I shed but if I were to guess it would be about every 4-6 years. Since you are still recovering from a major shed I'll just bet you have longer and thicker hair yet to come.
Happy Anniversary!

EdG
July 29th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Congratulations on two years! You have truly nice hair. :)
Ed

bex487
July 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Wow-you have the most beautiful gray hair!

ole gray mare
July 29th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Thank you, jojo, ohio sky, sexyjacksparrow, decafjane, DavidN, paper, teazel, greekprincess, 30isthenewblack (lol at that name!), Minx, Tammy Sue, Sherry, FrannyG, Lora410, swanns, chamomile betty, islandgirrl, Silver & Gold and EdG and Bex487 (who snuck in when I was posting :) !)

The practices I've learned at LHC have made such a huge difference to my hair. It's never been this long in my life. But even more importantly, the friendships I've made here have meant more to my heart than I could describe. I am so lucky to have stumbled upon this place two years ago. Someone knew what she was doing when she guided me here! :inlove:

Thanks so much for your encouragement and words of wisdom!
Happy growing, all! :flowers:

jessie58
July 29th, 2008, 08:14 AM
OGM, your hair is beautiful. What a 2 years it has been!!!

Patrycja
July 29th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Have a happy anniversary! I think your hair looks absolutely fantastic ;) So soft and smooth!

:happydance: :cheer:

spidermom
July 29th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Lovely as always, OGM.

DarkChocolate
July 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Your hair is very nice:)
I have the same issue, My hair has grown alot in two years but the thickness hasn't moved down:) It will probably take another two years for that to happen:)
I have found a hair twin:)

SchnauzerMom
July 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Wow your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! Doesn't look thin on the ends to me.

Siamese
July 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Congrats to you, lovely lady! You've always been a wonderful inspiration for me. :flowers:

Nightshade
July 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
CAWgratulations ;)

You have what my hair wants to be when it grows up :flowers:

dorothea-brooke
July 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! :flower:

I've already gushed about your hair recently on another thread, but it bears repeating:

Wow. I mean, wow.

Thanks for the pix; always such an inspiration!

cheers
dorothea

HappyKarin
July 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Beatifull hair and hair color!!!
Congratulations to your grow!

unaspenser
July 29th, 2008, 02:01 PM
OGM, whatever you think, I think your progress is stunning! Your hair is like... waist, and it's still just gorgeous. I know you've been worrying about the thinning at your ends, but I think it's still lovely. Congrats on your great progress!

DeepRiver
July 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I love the color of your hair and your "hair quality" does seem to be better in your recent pics!! congratulations!

levelek
July 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary, OGM! :toast:
Your hair is beautiful in all the pictures - I love the thickness in the first one - but it definitely looks softer and shinier in the last photo!

Martina
July 29th, 2008, 03:11 PM
You inspire me to continue on the journey. :D

xrosiex
July 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Happy 2-year aniversary. Your hair is beautiful. And you have had really nice growth. I love your color.

lawyermom
July 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
so very inspiring! Thanks for posting the pics - we newbies really appreciate seeing everyone's beautiful hair :D

Speedbump
July 29th, 2008, 06:33 PM
OGM I love your color!! And while you haven't had as much length increase recently, the quality of the newer hair is obviously off the charts. You're doing fine and eventually you'll be able to have all "new growth" and look even more fabulous than you do now! :inlove:

chloeishere
July 29th, 2008, 07:13 PM
You have one of my favorite heads of hair, here. I just LOVE your color! It looks beautiful, I don't think it looks thin at all!

girlcat36
July 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Happy two year anniversary!

I love your hair, I think it looks great. Yes, it is thinner, but it is still beautiful. Just put the two year old picture away and forget about that hair and concentrate on the longer, pretty hair you have now. It is the comparison to the old pic that you makes you doubt the great hair you have now.

Indigo Girl
July 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Your progress is fantastic! :flower:

I agree with so many before me - your color is stunning. :bluesmile

psvzum
July 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Absolutely beautiful hair : ) Thank you for sharing your progress pictures!

Sofoulee
July 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I love your hair color and the length is great! Congratulations!

Cantabile
July 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Congratulations on two year's worth of beautiful growth. :flowers:

Stagecoach
July 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Beautiful hair OGM!

Amoretti
July 30th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Congrats to you, dear friend! I've always admired your hair! :inlove:

Juanita
July 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Your hair looks very pretty. From another grey hair.
Cheers

joyful373
July 30th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Happy two years~ and happy new growth too! I really like your pictures, and I can see a lot of progress :) I love it :cool:

Gladtobemom
July 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Such an incredible color!

Congratulations!

Rini
July 30th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hello :waving: I think you have had very impressive growth actually in 2 years. Your hair is sooooo long now. Well done!

ole gray mare
August 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Aaarggghhh...I typed a reply and lost it.

Anyway, I was saying I'm sorry for taking so long to return to the anniversary party I started for myself! :)

And thank you all for your kind comments. I will pick up where I left off and say thank you to my dear friends: Jessie58, Patrycia, Spidermom, DarkChocolate, Schnauzermom, Siames, Nightshade (caw caw!), dorothea-brooke, HappKarin, unaspenser, DeepRiver, levelek, Martina, xrosiex, lawyermom, Speedy, chloeishere, girlcat36, indigogirl, psvzum, Sofoulee, Cantabile, Stagecoach, Amoretti, Juanita, joyful373, Gladtobemom and Rini. Whew!!

Have been struggling a bit with my hair and trying to decide whether or not to do a big cut. So all of this ego stroking is helpful, believe me. ;) Helps me want to stay patient and just get through this time.

Cheers, hugs and love to you all, my LHC family! :flowers: :love:

~ogm

bowie
August 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Awesome hair! Congratulations. It is nice to see that growing it longer makes it look better!!

frizzinator
August 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

nastasska
August 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Happy Anniversary:cheese:

Samara Morgan
August 3rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
It's looking beautiful!! :inlove: I think it looks thicker now somehow :agree: Happy Anniversary indeedy!! :flowers:

Alley Cat
August 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Happy Anniversary how lovely your hair is and how it's grown :flowers:

cindy58
August 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Happy Anniversary! The length and color look great on you.

jel
August 3rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Congratulations on your LHC anniversary, OGM! You've made great strides, oh and your hair is fantastic :flowers:

Ndnlady
August 3rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
:flower: Congratulations! I think your hair is beautiful and shiny and soft looking! The color is beautiful too! You are an inspiration!:D It makes me want my white hairs to hurry up and grow in all the way!

serenitygal
August 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Many, many congratulations, Kathleen! What lovely hair! :flowers:
Oh, and I LOVE your siggy. MacDonald's Princess and the Goblin is such a lovely story, and that picture is so fitting!