PDA

View Full Version : Curly question

CurlyOne
July 28th, 2008, 11:27 PM
:confused: Does anyone else here have coarse, dry, easily knotted hair on the nape of your neck? Everything on top is normal but underneath is a totally different story :rolleyes: . It's all dry and crunchy, I try to really get conditioner on it but it doesn't seem to help all that much. Oil didn't do anything for it.

Riot Crrl
July 28th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I would try to help but mine is the opposite! Coarse dry hair on top, fine hair that isn't too problematic underneath.

If there is anything your hair really likes for moisture like SMT or some other DT, maybe you could extra-treat the nape hairs with it?

Sofoulee
July 29th, 2008, 12:27 AM
I get knots underneath, and sometimes very dry. I've heard that it gets matted down the most and it's damaged very easily.. I try to baby it. :) I would recommend trying to prevent tangles under there, and conditioning tons!

Shanarana
July 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I run into the same problem. I will usually put extra conditioner in that area and more leave in oil to smooth it down. It's underneath so if I oil it more it tends to not be as noticeable.

CitznMag
July 29th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I get the crunchy dry puffs at my nape. What I do is cut it down, just maybe a 1/2 an inch or so strip, just short enough where it lays flat and just looks like baby hairs.