PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated hair growth

MimiKeki
May 16th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Hi guys!
Wow, I haven't been around here for ages..

I've been enjoying my hair journey up until now. For the past year, I haven't been babying my hair or oiling it like I used to.. Also, I was a bit naughty and would straighten it now and again. The other day I decided to finally have my long overdue trim at the salon.

I wanted a side fringe and only 2 inches off in a blunt cut, but then the hairdresser suggested I would have more benefit in taking off another 3-4 inches off ontop of that.
So I did.

Now, hats off to him, I think he was right, my ends look the healthiest they have in ages. I went from around hip back to waist. I do feel a strange sense of loss, and even regret though I know it was for the best :S

I'm considering trying out Hair Formula 37 to give me a re-boost in the right direction. Have any of you guys tried it? Any opinions?

Needless to say, I'm going to start babying my hair again and hanging out at the LHC :D

Sisgoldenhair65
May 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Welcome back and happy growing!!

swearnsue
May 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Welcome back! I don't know about Formula 37 but there are many of us that are taking supplements like B vitamins and calcium etc that improves our general health along with our hair. I've been taking diatomaceous earth and have almost doubled my growth rate.

PixxieStix
May 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Hello, and welcome back! It's nice to hear when a salon visit goes right, but yeah, that's a lot of hair growth gone, but do not fear, you'll grow it back nicer that it was before!

I haven't heard of the Hair Formula 37, just did a quick google search and it seems to be nothing more than an over priced multi-vitamin. While vitamins are wonderful to supplement, you can't count on them to give you everything your body needs for optimal hair growth, a good diet, exercise, plenty of sleep and lots of water are the best ways to give your body what it needs, including what it needs for hair growth!

Some people have had success with Biotin, Silica, or even Monistat, and I'd give those a shot before such expensive multivitamins. No matter what you decide to try though, good luck on your hair growth journey, and hope you have fun being back!

Falcore
May 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Enjoy your new ends and welcome back!

Faux
May 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I've been taking 5000 Vitamin D and its almost doubled my hair growth! I was really surprised. Vitamin D is super good for you too and its cheap!

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I've seen formula 37 in hair magazines but I've never used it. I have accelerated my growth with monistat. I do take a hair skin and nail vitamin plus a muti vitamin. I feel like the monistat has helped it.