PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you ever tried red bell pepper as a nutrient treatment?..

snowcloud
May 15th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about red bell pepper in the hair..

It is literally loaded with nutrients..

Im getting ready to start a course of treatments with just veggie glycerin and red bell pepper to see how it works..

*Note: Im pretty sure you are better off eating them but, I got a lot of them anyway :p

Zindell
May 17th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I avoid bell peppers if I can not find them organically grown since they are one of the plants where they use very heavy pesticide application :(

The dirty dozen (http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=208)

Another question is... can the hair actually absorb and somehow use the nutrients since the visible hair doesn't exhibit any biochemical activity and is concidered "dead"?

Try it and tell us how it works! I'm curious and would happily try something like that myself if it makes a difference. :)

fridgee
May 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I eat a ton load of red peppers every week! :D Never thought of putting them in my hair tho! What do you think the topical benefits would be?

snowcloud
May 18th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I just feel bell peppers are loaded with so much good stuff you simply cant go wrong.. I understand the hair wouldn't absorb much of it but, im sure its excellent for the scalp.

You could even use this in conjunction with other things like cucumber for enhanced moisture..

I love cucumber ^-^

PixxieStix
May 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hmm, I wonder if blanching or steaming them slightly and then pureeing them would give you a good paste? Mixed with some avocado and I'm sure it would be pretty good for the hair! *wanders off into the kitchen*

Honeyfall
May 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I think you would have to put a little oil of some sort in, don't red bell peppers tend to be a bit sticky because they have some sugar in them? I could see them causing some tangles on fine or damaged hair if done straight.

I bet an application to the scalp would be a good way to get something out of them and into your hair. I think it's a cool idea!

SilverDoe
May 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Bell peppers are quite acidic as well, would definately be too drying on it's own I think.

MinderMutsig
May 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I would worry about staining. Unless you have no problems with going red or having a red glow on your hair I wouldn't try it.