PDA

View Full Version : No Color Hair

misspurdy06
May 14th, 2012, 01:03 PM
No color hair, as described and termed by Charlaine Harris in book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels Club dead is hair color that has "no color but has to be categorized anyway so people call it brown"

I was like WOW! That sounds like my hair.

Or at least it sounds like my hair, that until I read about 'no color hair' called blondette.

Why I think my hair is 'No color Hair'

In every light my natural hair looks like completely a different color. Not kind of different or you can kind of tell my color through the light. I mean totally different.

From straight up white to onyx black. And it's not just level that is effected by light tone is too. In the setting sun or indirect light my hair can look downright red.

So, since my hair's color cannot be nailed down by me or anyone. I think 'No Color" is the best term.

As much as I love the term blondette, it's not quite as accurate as 'No Color'

I don't know why I didn't come up with it myself. Though I have in the past referred to my hair as translucent. Which is like 'No color' but not as good. I think 'no color' makes more sense when referring to hair than translucent.

Okay Thanks for reading!

lapushka
May 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Meh... No color sounds *way* too negative IMO! :( I'd rather be called blonette! Sorry!

Anje
May 14th, 2012, 01:08 PM
My husband refers to that as "Hair-colored hair."

"Tawny" is a great term I've seen around here a few times.

juliaxena
May 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Sounds more like all color.

Topaz
May 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Just a quick thumbs up to a fellow Sookie fan! I've been reading these novels since they first came out --- and maybe I'm in a minority, but I still say the books are a THOUSAND times better than the TV show. I enjoy the show, but the novels completely out shine it.

I like the term "no color hair" but in your case, maybe "ALL color hair" would be more accurate. It sounds like your hair really runs the full spectrum of possible colors!

misspurdy06
May 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
"All Color" Sounds more like you have chunks of all different colors

omgitssarah
May 14th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe Chamelion hair? =P

Pierre
May 14th, 2012, 11:04 PM
So, of course, does HairColoredHair. :)

Debra83
May 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM
I like the term chameleon hair as well. :D

Neneka
May 15th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I know what you mean. I guess I have chameleon hair too, or had before I dyed it red. No one really could tell what the colour really was or how dark or light it was. Sometimes it even looked reddish, sometimes it had golden tones and sometimes it was almost grey. It could look blonde or very dark in different lights. :)

Bagginslover
May 15th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Thats was my hair too before I started hennaing.

I was told it was dark blonde by a hair dresser, but in actuality, it could look anything from actual blonde, to almost black, red, or ash depending on my clothes and the light. I've even seen photos taken at a wedding, by different people, but at the same time, where my hair looks wildy different in all of them!

Even now I'm henna red, the colour can still vary. Some days I think the henna has washed and faded right out, others it looks its pre-oxidation colour! I've found it looks best against black, on an overcast morning. It looks it most vibrant against dark turquoise/teal. Pink makes it look positively ashy!

I think chameleon sums it up pretty well :)

Katze
May 15th, 2012, 04:05 AM
There have been a lot of threads on this in the past. :)

I had read in other books as it being called 'hair-colored hair', but there is something kinda eurocentric about this, other LHCers pointed out.

Apart from the term 'blonette' which I cannot stand (I have hated all 'ettes', cheerleaders, princesses, and diminuitive feminine forms on principle all my life) the terms cendre, tawny, and others have been thrown around. Personally, I like puma-colored, though my hair is much too dark these days from WO and SMT to resemble a puma's fur.

Here in Germany people say street-mutt brown. I grew up hearing honey blonde, dishwater blonde, dirty blonde. My hair is somewhere between brown and almost-blonde, with silver, black, dull brown, golden, and reddish strands. Overall it is ashy, but has gold tones to it.

My DH has similar hair, though he is usually considered dark blonde (because of his natural streaks, So unfair!) and I always think of his hair as like brass or old gold. Mine is more like bronze.

MonaMayfair
May 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Just a quick thumbs up to a fellow Sookie fan! I've been reading these novels since they first came out --- and maybe I'm in a minority, but I still say the books are a THOUSAND times better than the TV show. I enjoy the show, but the novels completely out shine it.

I like the term "no color hair" but in your case, maybe "ALL color hair" would be more accurate. It sounds like your hair really runs the full spectrum of possible colors!

So true about the books. The show just irritates me now, the plots of the novels are more than good enough, why did they have to change everything!!

Micayla47
May 15th, 2012, 08:10 AM
polar bears have translucent hair that looks white because of the sunlight reflecting off of the snow. http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/micala_photos/PolarBears/PICT0084.jpg

spidermom
May 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I don't like the term "no color hair"; sorry. It sounds like you should be able to see through it to the scalp.

Although my hair color fit generally under "golden blonde", I had individual hairs ranging from blackest black to pure white - all the possible hair colors and textures. So I'd go with "all color hair" before "no color hair."

But to each his or her own. A friend called his dark ash blonde hair "cedar".

Kaelee
May 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
No color hair, as described and termed by Charlaine Harris in book 3 of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels Club dead is hair color that has "no color but has to be categorized anyway so people call it brown"

I was like WOW! That sounds like my hair.

Or at least it sounds like my hair, that until I read about 'no color hair' called blondette.

Why I think my hair is 'No color Hair'

In every light my natural hair looks like completely a different color. Not kind of different or you can kind of tell my color through the light. I mean totally different.

From straight up white to onyx black. And it's not just level that is effected by light tone is too. In the setting sun or indirect light my hair can look downright red.

So, since my hair's color cannot be nailed down by me or anyone. I think 'No Color" is the best term.

As much as I love the term blondette, it's not quite as accurate as 'No Color'

I don't know why I didn't come up with it myself. Though I have in the past referred to my hair as translucent. Which is like 'No color' but not as good. I think 'no color' makes more sense when referring to hair than translucent.

Okay Thanks for reading!

I think your hair sounds really pretty! :D

joflakes
May 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I don't like the term "no color hair"; sorry. It sounds like you should be able to see through it to the scalp.

My thoughts exactly! It doesn't make it sound like a nice colour, either...which of course it can be!

MaryMarx
May 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM

"Tawny" is a great term I've seen around here a few times.

"Hair-coloured hair" was just wonderful, I'll start using that. Your husband is a genius. :p

Faux
May 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM
That actually sounds cool! Maybe we can call it rainbow hair... :D

DayDreamerDani
May 18th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Yes! Chameleon hair is how I refer to mine! My boyfriend seems to love it, however I'm still getting used to it. My hair was white blonde throughout childhood and turned "chameleon" in my late teens. I started bleaching and dying at age 15 until now, I'm 24. And it's been a year since I've bleached! I'm growing out these roots and it's hard! But I really am learning to love my natural hair color. I have asked my boyfriend many times if he thought coloring would look good and everytime he gets upset! Lol. He doesn't want me to change! Lucky me huh? I truly do think this hair color is so unique and classy. It's not often you find a natural head of hair. Let's embrace it!!!!!!!!

Henrietta
May 18th, 2012, 12:01 PM

Exactly! "No colour" is just negative. All colours is the best thing I can imagine. (I partly have it- from blonde through reddish brown to black, depending on light and whether is't the under layer or not).
Plus, I noticed that my hair went from greyish brown to this multi coloured happy thing when I started taking a proper care of it. I guess the cuticles are smooth and closed.