PDA

View Full Version : 2 Years of Hair Growth (Pic Heavy)

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Sorry............

rock007junkie
May 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
You have some awesome growth there. The darker hair looks beautiful on you

jacqueline101
May 14th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Your hair is awesome.

oktobergoud
May 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Woah amazing growth :thud: Can't imagine my hair being that long in 2 years (it's chin length now), woah!

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
You have some awesome growth there. The darker hair looks beautiful on you

I thought so too. My blonde Mom on the other hand doesnt seem to agree... :P

Your hair is awesome.

Thank you! :D

spidermom
May 14th, 2012, 11:26 AM
It looks like an entirely different head of hair!
Excellent progress.

Rocket22
May 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Wow that is wonderful and so inspiring. I love to see that hair can come back from bleach :) Your unbleached hair is amazing It's scary to think how much damage bleach can do.

Shesta
May 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Great job! :)

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Woah amazing growth :thud: Can't imagine my hair being that long in 2 years (it's chin length now), woah!

Haha! Thank you so much!! I had a nice little growth spurt after I started taking Folic Acid once a day, I was getting almost an inch and a half for about 3 or 4 months there!!

It looks like an entirely different head of hair!
Excellent progress.

Im amazed by how different it is too, it makes me so darn happy!
Thank you. :)

Wow that is wonderful and so inspiring. I love to see that hair can come back from bleach :) Your unbleached hair is amazing It's scary to think how much damage bleach can do.

I know right? It was seriously awful.
I still have VERY little of that damage on my ends. I mean, its almost non-existent. But man I am glad that bleach crap is over with. Haha

tori93
May 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
wow, looks super healthy! and it has grown so much. If my hair is anywhere near that length in two years i would be exrememly happy :o

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
wow, looks super healthy! and it has grown so much. If my hair is anywhere near that length in two years i would be exrememly happy :o

You'll get there! Just be patient, and most of all be Kind to your hair. :)

kitschy
May 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I'll bet your beautiful eyes just pop against your stunning dark hair. Congratulations!

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I'll bet your beautiful eyes just pop against your stunning dark hair. Congratulations!

:blushing:
Thank you! Hehe!

shutterpillar
May 14th, 2012, 11:46 AM
It looks beautiful! Great job. :)

mzBANGBANG
May 14th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Your hair looks phenomenal! Way to go on the patience and care, it's very inspiring!

And I think most of us are familiar with that canary yell phase :) I was fortunate enough to be dating a completely color blind DBF at the time so he never figured it out, at least!

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Your hair looks phenomenal! Way to go on the patience and care, it's very inspiring!

And I think most of us are familiar with that canary yell phase :) I was fortunate enough to be dating a completely color blind DBF at the time so he never figured it out, at least!

Awwwwe! Thank you!
I never really thought it was inspiring... Haha. :o

Bahahaa. Most men are completely oblivious to our hair, unless its awful or we point it out.

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Here is a pic of my most recent 6 month progress!
March was a bad month... So that pic never happened. Haha

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/avril_kss/6monthProg.jpg

anime_length
May 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM
It's funny. I think most people go through a phase when they want to bleach their hair. I Made mine blue when I was a freshman in highschool. (i've always had pretty long hair, so I looked like a mermaid.) But it's nice when you grow out of it and look back and think, "god, that was so dumb." lol :p

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM
It's funny. I think most people go through a phase when they want to bleach their hair. I Made mine blue when I was a freshman in highschool. (i've always had pretty long hair, so I looked like a mermaid.) But it's nice when you grow out of it and look back and think, "god, that was so dumb." lol :p

Bahaha. While on one hand I definitely agree with the "Dumb" thing, on the other hand.... I am SO glad I did it. I wouldnt have become so conscious of how I treat my hair, I wouldnt have realized how much I want it long.
So while yes, it was very stupid... I wouldnt change it. Good things eventually came from it. :)

BrightEyes
May 14th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Your hair is beautiful! It really does look like a different head of hair. Great job!:D

Hollyfire3
May 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Its a whole different head of hair! AMAZING progress Daressa, and must I say (if I haven't already) I LOVE your hair!:cheese::D Happy anniversary!!! Enjoy your new hair!

longNred
May 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM

I was just going to say the same thing! Your dark hair is gorgeous! you have alot to be proud of!

joflakes
May 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Love love love it! Well done! =)

Honeyfall
May 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I love it! Your ends are looking really good!

dwell_in_safety
May 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Beautiful hair! How incredibly improved it is. I've never even bleached my hair, and this is still inspiring. :D

Micayla47
May 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM
holy shanoly girl! your hair rocks! what an amazing transformation.

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Its a whole different head of hair! AMAZING progress Daressa, and must I say (if I haven't already) I LOVE your hair!:cheese::D Happy anniversary!!! Enjoy your new hair!

Awwe. Thanks lovey! Im already enjoying the crap out of it! And the pictures of progress just make me SQUEEEE even more over it!

I was just going to say the same thing! Your dark hair is gorgeous! you have alot to be proud of!

Why thank you!

I love it! Your ends are looking really good!

And they dont even look that good right now cause I havent dyed it in forever! Darn stylist wont let me do it till after the wedding. :justy:

Beautiful hair! How incredibly improved it is. I've never even bleached my hair, and this is still inspiring. :D

Its so cool that its inspiring! I never even thought of it that way. Haha

holy shanoly girl! your hair rocks! what an amazing transformation.

Hahahaha. Holy Shanoly... Never heard that one. But I like it! :D

KAggs
May 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Wow! The progression with your pictures definitely shocked me! (In a good way might I add. lol) Your hard work and obsession with your hair (lol I'm starting to have one too!) has definitely paid off. :cheer:

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Wow! The progression with your pictures definitely shocked me! (In a good way might I add. lol) Your hard work and obsession with your hair (lol I'm starting to have one too!) has definitely paid off. :cheer:

Yeah! I looked at the progression pics and my jaw literally dropped. Haha. I never thought it grew that fast!!
And thank you. Im glad someone appreciates my obsession. ;P

spookyghost
May 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
All I can say is-Wow. Its gorgous! So I guess I have hope. My longest layer is two inches above bsl and I just got my hair colored to cover up my bleach highlights. One last color, more toward my natural ash color, to help grow out the bleach. My hair isnt fried or anything but it is damaged. I am micro-trimming, using no heat, no cones, organic S&C, and oiling. But there are days I just look at it and think-yuck. I love stories like yours;) They make me smile. It makes me realize that my hair will get better with time and patience. It took you two years but loot at you now! Amazing. That will be me too one day!:)

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
All I can say is-Wow. Its gorgous! So I guess I have hope. My longest layer is two inches above bsl and I just got my hair colored to cover up my bleach highlights. One last color, more toward my natural ash color, to help grow out the bleach. My hair isnt fried or anything but it is damaged. I am micro-trimming, using no heat, no cones, organic S&C, and oiling. But there are days I just look at it and think-yuck. I love stories like yours;) They make me smile. It makes me realize that my hair will get better with time and patience. It took you two years but loot at you now! Amazing. That will be me too one day!:)

I dont know if you did any kind of big chop at all... But I have to tell you, that was the smartest thing I did. If I hadnt, I would have lost a lot of length in the long run because of splits.
Everything you are doing now is amazing, but if you ever feel like you really need a TRIM... Do it. Trust me, you will end up loving yourself for it. :)
Glad I could make you smile.

summergreen
May 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! So much growth and it looks sooo healthy.

I have had canary hair too :)

Lachrymosa
May 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Girl, your hair looks AMAZING! I love the dark color! That's the color I wish I could have, I look washed out when I go too dark though. And your growth...just wow. I have damaged ends on my hair which I'm hoping henna will be able to salvage...I don't want to chop any length off because to me it just seems like my hair is taking forever to grow after having my first child. You said you had a good amount of growth after taking folic acid...is this typical?

And off topic...are you playing WoW in the first pic you posted?! If so...kek >.>

MiamiPineapple
May 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
LOVE the dark hair. My loved ones (mostly BF) are also annoyed by my obsession with my hair but I could care less the payoff is worth it :)

PixxieStix
May 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
This is where I go *ZOMG YAY!* :D :D :D I am so happy for you, and your hair! It looks incredible, and I think the dark hair suits you very well. Happy Hair-iversary!

leilasahhar
May 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
yay it looks good..don't ever bleach again! Your hair looks good dark.

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Girl, your hair looks AMAZING! I love the dark color! That's the color I wish I could have, I look washed out when I go too dark though. And your growth...just wow. I have damaged ends on my hair which I'm hoping henna will be able to salvage...I don't want to chop any length off because to me it just seems like my hair is taking forever to grow after having my first child. You said you had a good amount of growth after taking folic acid...is this typical?

And off topic...are you playing WoW in the first pic you posted?! If so...kek >.>

Henna should definitely help!
And yea, Ive got some native american in me... I get tan pretty easily so I never look too white. :P
Ive heard its pretty typical to get growth with Folic Acid. Ive also read that Folic Acid is highly recommended to take while pregnant or trying to get pregnant to help prevent genetic disorders of some types.
Plus its just good for you!

And yes... Yes I am playing WoW... :D

LOVE the dark hair. My loved ones (mostly BF) are also annoyed by my obsession with my hair but I could care less the payoff is worth it :)

Oh yeah... Every time someone makes fun of me or gets outwardly annoyed by my obsession, I just grin. Its entirely worth it. I love my hair and I get compliments on it all the time, even from people who have been annoyed. lol

Jesabel
May 14th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Your hair is amazing! and hehe seeing WoW made me giggle, since I also play it >_>
and I may look into Folic acid now too :o

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Your hair is amazing! and hehe seeing WoW made me giggle, since I also play it >_>
and I may look into Folic acid now too :o

Haha. I love WoW. Im taking a break currently cause I played so intensely for about 2 years. But its still awesome.
And yes, definitely do. I found it to be worth it. Im still taking it too.

meishkamooshka
May 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
:thudpile: Oh my goodness....that is an amazing transformation! Congratulations and way to go! I'm so very happy for you and for your hair!!! It looks so full and luscious; I really love the dark color.

:cheer: :thumbsup: :thud:

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 07:29 PM
:thudpile: Oh my goodness....that is an amazing transformation! Congratulations and way to go! I'm so very happy for you and for your hair!!! It looks so full and luscious; I really love the dark color.

:cheer: :thumbsup: :thud:

Aaaaweee. Thank you! :D
That made me squee a little. :P

LoveAngelBeauty
May 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM
super jealous of your growth :)

Falcore
May 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Wow speedy growth! And the colour is beautiful :)

meishkamooshka
May 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Aaaaweee. Thank you! :D
That made me squee a little. :P

I live to make others squee! :p

lw8666
May 14th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Great progress! Your hair looks so healthy, thick and shiny now!

Darkessa
May 14th, 2012, 09:06 PM
super jealous of your growth :)

:o Teehee!

I live to make others squee! :p

I love making people squee! Its nice to be... The Squee'd... >.>.......??

meishkamooshka
May 14th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I love making people squee! Its nice to be... The Squee'd... >.>.......??

BAHAHAHAHAHA :rolling:

Qadupae
May 15th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Happy anniversary and congrats on your amazing growth Darkessa!

lapushka
May 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Looks like it grew amazingly fast. I love the color you have now! Congratulations! :)

arielįgua
May 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Love your raven hair color. :3
Congratulations the progress is really incredible, good work!

fairystar32
May 16th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Your hair looks amazing and beautiful growth. The colour is lovely too :)
Congrats xx

Louise148
May 16th, 2012, 03:24 AM
You have beautiful hair both the length and the colour. :)

Lou x

geeorgie
May 16th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Beautiful! And so inspiring too, I've been through a lot of bleach/dye jobs and I'm now growing out from an inverted bob. There is hope! I love the dark too, so glossy and healthy looking!

Darkessa
May 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Thank you again everyone!
Im so happy with the progress! :D

lovelong
January 29th, 2014, 10:38 AM
What kind of shampoo and conditioner did you/ do you use??

mariakatija
January 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM
You have beautiful hair!

Tini'sNewHair
January 29th, 2014, 06:47 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 year anniversary is coming up as well but in May and i cant wait to celebrate as well because i started growing from just above shoulders and i used to fry my hair to. Why didnt you post a more recent picture tho? didnt i see in your siggy your hair to be at HIP? You have STUNNING hair and it really suits you to be long. Happy growing!

blace
January 29th, 2014, 08:19 PM
What kind of shampoo and conditioner did you/ do you use??

I would like to know this too.

What a change! I started with a very similar "hair history". This is truly inspiring!

Quasiquixotic
February 1st, 2014, 03:44 PM
I love the dark hair on you! Love love love! Such and inspiring come back for your hair!