PDA

View Full Version : How i do a Gibraltar bun with a ficcare.

bunzfan
May 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I have wanted to do the gibraltar bun for about a year but i could never work out how to do it until i saw a particularly good picture tutorial on here, and as waiting so long inspired me with hers with a ficcare i made a tutorial.

http://youtu.be/zy4CjLbPC_U

Excuse the stupid facial expressions :o

Jesabel
May 14th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks for this tutorial, I like your others too :)

bunzfan
May 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks for this tutorial, I like your others too :)

Thank you Jesabel you should be able to do most of them at your length ;) i just tried to see if you can do a braided Gibraltar and you can. Instead of putting the inner coil over the outside one you just piece the inner coil with ficcare or hair stick/fork and it goes under the bun and comes out the other side, this is much more secure way for a braided bun than a normal one for me.

Jesabel
May 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Oh, thanks! :)

MissManda
May 14th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for making this video! I've been having the hardest time with a Gibraltar bun since all it does is fall apart on me after I try to spread the middle coil over the outside. Seeing how other people create their updos is so helpful for me. :)

jacqueline101
May 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I can't wait until I'm able to do it.

bunzfan
May 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks for making this video! I've been having the hardest time with a Gibraltar bun since all it does is fall apart on me after I try to spread the middle coil over the outside. Seeing how other people create their updos is so helpful for me. :)

I can't wait until I'm able to do it.

Glad you like it MissManda i can only get it to hold for me with a ficcare though, you could possible get it to work with a hair fork. As we have such thick hair we may find it works better when we are at least hip length.

jacqeline i can only just about do this bun now that i'm waist it depends how think your hair is though. Hope you can try soon .

afu
May 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I wear a gibraltar bun almost daily, I use a single hair stick though and coil in the opposite direction to you. For me i find it is the quickest and most secure bun to do, i love it