PDA

View Full Version : any uk interest in toadstool soaps goodies? a plan....

red-again
May 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM
<mod edit:
please do not organize group orders, thanks :)
See Guideline for swapping and selling (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44940),
You may not:

sell or swap items outside the swap board
sell or swap items not related to hair
purchase "extras" to sell them on the swap board
organize group orders
sell items you made using someone else's copyrighted pattern/design on TLHC - that's illegal and we won't allow it
post pictures of your wares outside the swap board - this includes the TLHC album sectio>

CAPA7
May 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM
If enough people are interested to make it worthwile, I think I'd like to order a couple of things from her.

theodora
May 14th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Hellz Yeah I'm interested! I'm sure there are more UK people on here interested in trying out Toadstool products.

palaeoqueen
May 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I'm one of the people who messaged Cheryl yesterday, I am somewhat interested but I'm still not sure it will be cost effective. Then there's the problem that if I like her stuff do I really want to have to rely on a group order every single time I want a new bottle of conditioner? I certainly can't be paying $50 each time for shipping! Sorry, am just thinking out loud here.

In summary, I'll keep an eye on this thread but I can't see it working out cheap enough (for me) if I'm completely honest.

red-again
May 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
<removed details of grouporder>

red-again
May 14th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm one of the people who messaged Cheryl yesterday, I am somewhat interested but I'm still not sure it will be cost effective. Then there's the problem that if I like her stuff do I really want to have to rely on a group order every single time I want a new bottle of conditioner? I certainly can't be paying $50 each time for shipping! Sorry, am just thinking out loud here.

In summary, I'll keep an eye on this thread but I can't see it working out cheap enough (for me) if I'm completely honest.

was writing the essay whilst you posted! Have a read at the fleshed out numbers and see what you feel!

theodora
May 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Do you have any idea how long her products can keep before they go bad? I'm asking that since being fairly natural they might not have much preservatives, so if we were to order a lot to go for a while, it also depends on how long they can keep.
Unless I'm being silly and they keep for 12 months like most hair products...

red-again
May 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
well they don't have parabens which are preservatives ( horrid things) but when reading the other Toadstool thread, some ladies hav used products they bought 7 months ago, not many granted as it all seems to be used up by then but it seems fine to do so. I wonder if you could keep it cool, refrigerated even but as it's natura;, when you come to use it it would need to be brought back to room temp and shaken a fair bit?
But I have natural, from uk organic online shops products, face creams, hair stuff that lasts a long time, at least 12 mths and Cheryls ingredients are fairly similar to some of those ( shampoo and leave in anyway, the others do have some chemicals I prefer to avoid so I will only be ordering the shampoo and leave ins personally)

palaeoqueen
May 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks for working out all the pricing! I'm going to have to sit this one out I'm afraid, I can't justify paying &#163;10 for a small bottle of conditioner. I currently pay &#163;6.99 for my Organix one, I consider that extravagant and it's a 385ml bottle, Cheryl's work out at about 280ml, so it's a pretty significant difference.

If you decide to run another group order in the future and she's willing to send by First Class mail I would definitely be interested as it's the Priority Mail that's really pushing the cost up.

OhioLisa
May 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Group orders aren't allowed here.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44940

red-again
May 15th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Oh, ok. Didn't realise that so apologies. It was nice while it lasted, eh girls!
I CAN see why the rule exists - to protect all forum users but in this case it's worked against us UK ladies who only wanted to try these particular products and wouldn't be using it for anything underhand.

Was as a final 'wondering' was thinking could I email these ladies who have shown interest and from that point on do it entirely away from LHC,?

Finoriel
May 15th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Sorry, I had to remove the details of the group order. :flower:

Since you were offering to do it on LHC and would gain the contact data from/via LHC, I'm afraid it wouldn't be okay to email people.
I'm sorry.