PDA

View Full Version : Musings of a 5 year old :)

sweetestpoison
May 13th, 2012, 08:49 PM
first off, happy mothers day to all you mothers and you mother lovers on the forum ;)

when i visited my mother today i wore my hair in a rope braid to the side. Victor, my 5 year old little brother started playing with the braid. I asked what he was doing and he said he was 'undoing my ponytail' and i asked why. He said it looked like a mermaids pony tail and that i looked 'like a mermaid but you don't got a tail' and when he managed to take it down and unravel all my hair he said "it still looks like a mermaid because it's kind of curly!, it's actually kinda cute n_n" Oh little kids. He says some of the funniest stuff. Once he said "Tricia, i love you more than a cop can scream" and another time when they got in the car and mom turned the heater on he said "mom, i'm warm as a daisy :)"

Anybody else have a young one in their life who says silly things about their hair?

AmandaKoiter
May 13th, 2012, 11:55 PM
AWe. Precious. My little ones haven't said anything about my hair, but my oldest son (2 1/2) did run his hands across all of the dresses in my closet today and said "Oooooh so pitty, momma, so pitty." What a doll.

battles
May 14th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Warm as a daisy! :D Adorable.

fridgee
May 14th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Aw that is soo cute! Love the things kids come out with :D

Avital88
May 14th, 2012, 03:19 AM
my daughter doesnt say much about hair,besides telling everyone :mommy has hair on her butt..
That can be really funny,she just means i have hair to my butt lol but it are her first weeks at school and last week when i just brought her in the class and walked back outside she came running out of the class yelling: mommy!! i love you soo! and then doing a handkiss,while ofcourse all the other parents started to look around to see who was the mommy she was talking about,that was pretty cute.

longNred
May 14th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Aww i love the silly things little ones say! My son, age 4, often comments on my hair. Usually because while he's playing in the tub, I'm also in the bathroom practicing a braid or something. I recently asked how long he thought I should grow it, which he replied "as long as repunzel!" great, that's the plan! He thoroughly enjoys when I henna, he thinks it's hysterical that mama puts a bunch of stinky mud on her head... And whenever he finds one it's always "mama! It's a long one, it's one of YOURS!"

sweetestpoison
May 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
AWe. Precious. My little ones haven't said anything about my hair, but my oldest son (2 1/2) did run his hands across all of the dresses in my closet today and said "Oooooh so pitty, momma, so pitty." What a doll.

oh my goodness! how cute! n_n usually at that age they say stuff but it's more random than that right?

my daughter doesnt say much about hair,besides telling everyone :mommy has hair on her butt..
That can be really funny,she just means i have hair to my butt lol but it are her first weeks at school and last week when i just brought her in the class and walked back outside she came running out of the class yelling: mommy!! i love you soo! and then doing a handkiss,while ofcourse all the other parents started to look around to see who was the mommy she was talking about,that was pretty cute.

haha hair on her butt! That's adorable. Kids are always so affectionate, it's so sweet and endearing isn't it?

Aww i love the silly things little ones say! My son, age 4, often comments on my hair. Usually because while he's playing in the tub, I'm also in the bathroom practicing a braid or something. I recently asked how long he thought I should grow it, which he replied "as long as repunzel!" great, that's the plan! He thoroughly enjoys when I henna, he thinks it's hysterical that mama puts a bunch of stinky mud on her head... And whenever he finds one it's always "mama! It's a long one, it's one of YOURS!"

Oh goodness, imagine if you did a face mask AND henna at the same time?? Lol, i love the "long as repunzel" comment, he seems to be a good motivator for those days when you just feel like giving up growing and chopping it all off huh?

Micayla47
May 14th, 2012, 08:06 AM
hee hee. soooo adorable :kitten:

Annibelle
May 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh gosh! I'm dying of cuteness overload over here! :D

lapushka
May 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
The things he said! So cute! :D Little ones can be so unpredictable, love it!

BlazingHeart
May 14th, 2012, 11:28 PM
The last time I saw my nephew was last summer (oh how I hate living across the country from him! He is such a darling boy). We were having something of a reunion with my mother's family. He was 2 1/2 at the time. He declared that I had 'big hairs', and then later pointed out that I had 'the biggest hairs', because I had longer hair than anyone else in the family.

On a not-hair-related point, I make stuffed animals for him. African animals - he has a lion, an elephant, a giraffe, a mommy and baby zebra, and a rhino. A couple weeks ago, he asked my mother why I didn't make him a daddy zebra, very sadly. It was so cute! My mother told him that he just had to ask, so that's what he's getting for his birthday. If I have time, I'll be making other baby animals because he loved the baby zebra so much.

Oh, he is such a sweet, clever child. I very much hope that my fiance and I might be moving out to California to be closer next summer. Only seeing him once or twice a year makes me terribly sad - he grows up so fast!

~Blaze

sweetestpoison
May 15th, 2012, 12:16 AM
The last time I saw my nephew was last summer (oh how I hate living across the country from him! He is such a darling boy). We were having something of a reunion with my mother's family. He was 2 1/2 at the time. He declared that I had 'big hairs', and then later pointed out that I had 'the biggest hairs', because I had longer hair than anyone else in the family.

On a not-hair-related point, I make stuffed animals for him. African animals - he has a lion, an elephant, a giraffe, a mommy and baby zebra, and a rhino. A couple weeks ago, he asked my mother why I didn't make him a daddy zebra, very sadly. It was so cute! My mother told him that he just had to ask, so that's what he's getting for his birthday. If I have time, I'll be making other baby animals because he loved the baby zebra so much.

Oh, he is such a sweet, clever child. I very much hope that my fiance and I might be moving out to California to be closer next summer. Only seeing him once or twice a year makes me terribly sad - he grows up so fast!

~Blaze

OMG The papa zebra is so adorable! Have you considered having any kids yourself? You sound like you would be an amazing parent

BlazingHeart
May 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Well, I might, if both the kid and I survived its first year. I...really don't do well with babies. Really. Really. Not good.

I'm also disabled enough that I'm not sure it's a responsibility I should take on. It'd mean my fiance would have to shoulder the heaviest part of the load, and he already has to do most of the housework and whatnot. I don't think it'd be fair to him.

I adore my nephew, and my fiance's brother just had a boy in November so I've now got two little boys in my life. I'm happy as an aunt. Besides, it means that I can take them, have fun with them, and then send them home to someone else when I'm worn out!

~Blaze

GRU
May 16th, 2012, 09:08 AM

My son at that age told me that I had "big hairs and need to get them cut so [I'd] have short hairs like [him] and daddy!!!" He continued with that line until he was about 4yo... I think he finally figured out that I wasn't going to cut my big hairs, so he just gave up.

Well, I might, if both the kid and I survived its first year. I...really don't do well with babies. Really. Really. Not good.

You could always do like Rivanariko is planning (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1589048#post1589048).... ship the kid off to me for the baby stage, then I ship 'em back when you're ready! :lol:

WaitingSoLong
May 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM
You could always do like Rivanariko is planning (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1589048#post1589048).... ship the kid off to me for the baby stage, then I ship 'em back when you're ready! :lol:

I would take one, too. I do babies til about 12 months, then I am done with them until they are 12 years old. LOL. BUT, when it is your own kid, you would be amazed at how much more tolerant you can be.

There was a little girl at the store the other day who (my back was turned) said to her mother "mommy...mommy look at that long braid mommy...MOMMY....look at the long braid!" (and mommy finally said "oh ok honey".). LOL. I also had a kid in line at an amusement park say something along the same lines "that woman has REALLY long hair mommy!".

As for my own kids...SIGH...one of my boys (I have teenagers) said his friend identified me by my hair ("your mom has the long hair, right?") and he came home and told me and said...(here it is, ready?)..."Mom, I never realized you had long hair until he pointed it out. I guess your hair is pretty long".

Yep. My astute children. Gosh I love them.

I think it is funny how some kids refer to the hair as an entity of its own. "That braid". I guess my hair deserves its own persona. LOL.

GRU
May 16th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I would take one, too. I do babies til about 12 months, then I am done with them until they are 12 years old. LOL. BUT, when it is your own kid, you would be amazed at how much more tolerant you can be.

PM me your address, I've got a 12yo you can have for a while! :eyebrows:

WaitingSoLong
May 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM
PM me your address, I've got a 12yo you can have for a while! :eyebrows:

Only til they are 16. Teaching my kid to drive is super horrible. Plus, they cost so much more their last two years of school...all that prom/graduation crap. LOL

GRU
May 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Only til they are 16. Teaching my kid to drive is super horrible. Plus, they cost so much more their last two years of school...all that prom/graduation crap. LOL

It's either you or military school.... how on earth did I end up with such a mouthy kid? Oh, is that genetic? Nevermind....

jacqueline101
May 16th, 2012, 01:18 PM
The things kids say are cute.

afu
May 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
My little cousin is 3 now and she always tells me that we have matching white hair! Her hair is very very pale blonde, almost white. Mine is definitly nowhere near as light even with highlights but it's still cute.

When she was younger and just starting to talk she asked what my name was, my mum told her to guess and she misheard it as 'jess', so for the next year she called me jess and has only just started using my real name!

Annibelle
May 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
When she was younger and just starting to talk she asked what my name was, my mum told her to guess and she misheard it as 'jess', so for the next year she called me jess and has only just started using my real name!

When my cousin was a toddler, she couldn't pronounce her oldest sister's name (Jennifer). When she tried... she came up with "Bopper." :confused: I've called Jennifer by that name ever since. :D I can't see her as anything but a Bopper now...

Curly Hermione
May 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Such cuteness! My two year old sister has, ever since I hennaed, taken to shouting "red!" and pointing at me any time anyone mentions hair.
She also has some hilarious non-hair related comments. For example, we where in church, and as we walked around the back and up the aisle for communion, she was asking my dad (who was carrying her) about the different statues. My dad was answering, hoping she would be quiet. She kept saying "who's that?", and my Dad was answering, "that's Mary, that's St Patrick" and so on. By this time, we're walking down the aisle, when she sees the big crucifix hanging from the ceiling. After the inevitable "who's that?", my dad said "that's Jesus". To which she replied, with complete sincerity: "He's a bad man!"

afu
May 16th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Such cuteness! My two year old sister has, ever since I hennaed, taken to shouting "red!" and pointing at me any time anyone mentions hair.
She also has some hilarious non-hair related comments. For example, we where in church, and as we walked around the back and up the aisle for communion, she was asking my dad (who was carrying her) about the different statues. My dad was answering, hoping she would be quiet. She kept saying "who's that?", and my Dad was answering, "that's Mary, that's St Patrick" and so on. By this time, we're walking down the aisle, when she sees the big crucifix hanging from the ceiling. After the inevitable "who's that?", my dad said "that's Jesus". To which she replied, with complete sincerity: "He's a bad man!"
Haha, must be one of the worst things to say when in church!