PDA

View Full Version : Hair Pin Buns

summerstarlet
May 13th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
I made my first hair toys! Okay they're not really hair toys, I just bent some knitting needles into hair pins but I really like them. My question is, what are some buns that I can do with the hair pins? I've mastered the "twist until it coils" bun (forgive me, I don't know what the name of it is :o) but I would like some other ones that I can wear for second day hair. I'm trying to stretch my washes but it is very difficult when I get so bored with the same pony tails and buns.

Thank you for your advice! If you could post a tutorial or instructions that would help greatly! Oh, also my hair is a little bit past BSL. :D

Natalia
May 14th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hi Everyone,
I made my first hair toys! Okay they're not really hair toys, I just bent some knitting needles into hair pins but I really like them. My question is, what are some buns that I can do with the hair pins? I've mastered the "twist until it coils" bun (forgive me, I don't know what the name of it is :o) but I would like some other ones that I can wear for second day hair. I'm trying to stretch my washes but it is very difficult when I get so bored with the same pony tails and buns.

Thank you for your advice! If you could post a tutorial or instructions that would help greatly! Oh, also my hair is a little bit past BSL. :D

i wear u pins every day just like u made. my go to is a basic cinnabun after that a nautilus. i like those since i can put it up in the am and not have to touch it all day i hate having to fiddle. i used to do more but they required adjusting durring the day so i didnt stick with them... i will have to think on this one. maybe try the nautilus for now instructions are in the articals section

SeaLamb
May 14th, 2012, 07:01 AM
like natalia, my go-to's are the nautilus and cinnabun as well. however, maybe you can try a braided bun? i'm not sure if your hair is long enough, but you can try it :). also, as well as checking the articles section you could just youtube, "BSL length buns" or something like that.

hope you find some fun stuff :D!

Lady Neeva
May 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I use a knot bun as my to-go. On me, a cinna bun just falls apart. You can put them in crosses.

Natalia
May 14th, 2012, 08:25 PM
however, maybe you can try a braided bun?

yes this is the other bun i do that and a kl knot when i take the time.