PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help, please?

AdaClare
May 12th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I originally thought I might be a 1b or 1c since my hair's mostly straight with a bit of body wave, but it was kind of hard to tell since I usually braid my hair after I wash it (so I usually have braid waves). Just out of curiosity, tonight I let my hair dry loose instead of in a braid and found loose waves/curls in the last few inches! :bounce:Would this be closer to 2a or still 1c?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question. :o)

holothuroidea
May 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
It's hard to tell without a picture.

When you say your hair is curling, are you forming ringlets or s-waves?

AdaClare
May 12th, 2012, 10:30 PM
It's s-waves, kind of like from bun waves.

BlazingHeart
May 12th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Really hard to say without seeing it, sorry. Part of how you tell the difference is how tight the waves are, which really requires a visual. Be happy to help if you do put a pic up here or elsewhere.

~Blaze

holothuroidea
May 12th, 2012, 10:49 PM
If you're getting multiple s-waves you need a "2" in your hair type somewhere. :D

If they stick around I'd make it 2a, but if they're just on the ends and they do a magic vanishing POOF when you comb them I'd say 1c/2a.

AdaClare
May 12th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I'm thinking a 1c/2a then, because I've noticed that they've loosened up already, but there's still a bit of wave in the ends.

holothuroidea
May 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Is it just in the ends or also throughout your hair?

AdaClare
May 12th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Only the ends - the rest is straight.

holothuroidea
May 13th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Hmmm :hmm: I would stick with 1c. But I do wonder what it would be if your hair was shorter.

(Don't cut it to find out, though!!!!)

AdaClare
May 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
I've wondered that, too, but I like my hair long. hehe :) I'll have some pics uploaded to my profile soon.

BlazingHeart
May 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
If the wave is only down at the ends, I'd stick with 1c. With 2s, the wave sticks around. Even after I brush my hair out, it waves a bit back and forth. Also, my waves start up near my ears, even though I'm now at past hip.

AdaClare
May 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, think you're both right about staying with 1c - they ended up being only slightly wavy once I combed my hair.

I tried uploading some pics of the waves to an album I made, but for some reason it they won't upload right. :(