PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

Sisgoldenhair65
May 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Sooo, I've been thinking about getting some lowlights to tone down my blonde for a while now. It's just too much upkeep and I want to use my natural color as a base for foils instead of a dyed blonde base which requires waaay too much attention. As you may know from some of my other posts is that my DD is in cosmotology school. She said she could put some lowlights in for a really good price at her school. Well, I agreed but naturally I was nervous....I mean, it is a beauty school! Lol. Well, guess what? Turned out great!! It's not too drastic but just enough to tone the color down and blend my roots. I also got a 1" trim which made a big difference! Another win was the cost was only $30!!!......for full foil AND a trim! Today was such a great day because I'm so happy with my hair and I got a great new stylist who I happen to love very much!! :D

I am attempting to to post a pic here using Imgur. I hope I am successful as I am somewhat computer challenged and have never used a photo hosting site before. I hope if I do get them here they are the right size. :rolleyes: I hope they can fix the pic download here soon. :justy: Here goes...http://imgur.com/mNTJC][IMG]http://i.imgur.com
ETA: see if this works? http://i.imgur.com/mNTJC.jpg[IMG]

Sisgoldenhair65
May 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Darn...no pic. Uuuugh!! :(.

Sisgoldenhair65
May 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I got it....yayyy, me!!!!!! Sorry bout the size!

HumanBean
May 12th, 2012, 09:13 PM
It looks gorgeous!

Wildcat Diva
May 12th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Beautiful! And only $30, that's perfect. I am happy for you. I also love the waves in your hair, the volume is very nice. Congratulations!

Sisgoldenhair65
May 12th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thank you, ladies. The waves are bun waves since I put it up in a scunci bun on the way home. She used a coney shampoo which makes my hair soooo soft but flat..blahhhh!

MiamiPineapple
May 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
The color looks great on you...your hair is also at a very nice length...love it!

afu
May 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Very nice :) lovely colour, length and condition. I get lowlights put into my blonde too, my hair just got too light from bleach highlights so i have my natural ashy colour put back in as lowlights - definitly helps with upkeep

Tota
May 13th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Pure perfection!

Carissamarie08
May 13th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Love your hair!

jojo
May 13th, 2012, 05:22 PM
looks really lovely!

long&blonde
May 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Beautiful! Love the lowlights and your waves!

Sisgoldenhair65
May 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thank you all so much!! Besides a little bit of dryness on the ends I am very happy with the results and hoping to cut down on color maintainence. Just want to put it up and forget about it everyday till I reach my goal of hip (in the front). I can't wait to get there!! Thank you am for your encouragement!

MonicaJean
May 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Love it! This is encouraging me to go ahead and do it myself! :) I also have lightened hair with darker blonde roots and I've been considering doing this to help blend the two.

<3OnHerSleeve
May 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM
It looks really nice!!! You have gorgeous hair :)

My friend also went to a beauty school and got a free hair cut for a layered bob and loved it. If I wasn't so comfortable doing everything on my hair myself, I would probably do the same option and it's great to see that it is another option besides doing it yourself or having to have it done expensively.

jacqueline101
May 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Your hair is lovely.

Sisgoldenhair65
May 13th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Love it! This is encouraging me to go ahead and do it myself! :) I also have lightened hair with darker blonde roots and I've been considering doing this to help blend the two.

My hair was a golden yellow color. I also noticed my touch up dye would turn orange and brassy lately, so I decided to do this so I can use my own dark blonde as the base instead since I have very little if any grey yet (I'm baffled by this!). It's not going to totally match but that's ok. I'll get as close as I can with foil highlights twice per year....a lot better than touch ups every 6-8 weeks!! Good luck. Hope it works for you! :).

Micayla47
May 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM
you have beautiful hair and i think you made an excellent decision to do just highlights instead of double processing. keep us posted with pics :)

Sisgoldenhair65
May 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Thank you and I will definetly keep you posted with pics along my journey to classic. I hope the album upload thingy gets fixed in the near future!