PDA

View Full Version : LUSH Henna Vs. Gray hair?

LuciousLox
May 12th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Does LUSH henna, (Caca Brun, Caca Noir, Caca Maroon, Caca Rouge,) cover gray hair at all? I'm seeing mixed reviews; some say it does, some say it doesn't.

What was your experience with LUSH henna and gray hair?

Do you have any tips to help it take?

What if you are 75% gray?

I only have a few, but I'm thinking about how I'll hide them in my future...

Thanks for your input!! :cheese:

dulce
May 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Gray roots show so fast, you would have to touch up really often,and a cool colour like gray for roots would be such a stark contrast to the warm colours of henna on the rest of the hair.I've seen it on some people and the light coloured roots tend to blend into the skin and it makes you look bald against the red hair.That's my opinion.

Deelight
May 12th, 2012, 08:33 PM
I've used Lush Caca Brun on my hair which has a lot of gray (20%-ish). It made my normal hair darker but didn't cover my gray. I'm now using a two-step henna indigo process instead to get brown hair. Not sure how I like the color yet, but it does cover my gray.

LuciousLox
May 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks for both of your replies.

I agree that red henna hair with grey roots looks bald. Not a good look at all...

Maybe I will have to look into doing a 2 step process with henna and indigo.

I just hope the color is pretty.

WantMoreHair
May 12th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Caca brun left a my grays with a golden brown highlight.

LuciousLox
May 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Caca brun left a my grays with a golden brown highlight.

Oh that sounds pretty! I could live with that :)

lynnala
May 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM
It seems to vary with each person. NOTHING sticks to my white hair. Not dye, not henna. I gave up years ago because anything I used just washed away and left a stain. But it seems to work for others.