PDA

View Full Version : most versitile length

constructamane
May 12th, 2012, 03:48 PM
What is the most versatile length? :confused:

Madora
May 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
That depends on what you want to do, plus the thickness of your hair.

Also depends on what you consider "versatile".

I think waist, at the barest minimum, is versatile for a number of styles..but the longer the hair, the broader spectrum of fun you can have with styling it!

DarkCurls
May 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I agree with Madora... The first thing that came to mind was "waist" when I saw this title. That or midback. Because it's long-ish, without being very long, if that makes sense.
Shorter hair is less versatile for obvious reasons.
Still, at WL I can't do the hairstyle of the month (wrap-around crown braid), so there are some styles you can't do with WL... The longer you get, the more opportunities and fun you have.
I'm kind of hesitating between WL and hip-length now, because hip-length braids look cooler than WL. :p But I'll stick with WL.

darklyndsea
May 12th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It depends on your thickness. People with thin hair can do most styles relatively quickly, while people with thick hair have to wait. For example, on the video I watched for the lazy wrap bun, it said that some people were able to do it starting at APL, while I could just barely manage it at MBL. Most people seem to agree that if you want to wear your hair down, it works better at tailbone length or shorter, but for doing updos the longer your hair is the more versatile it is.

vindo
May 12th, 2012, 04:00 PM
If you mean "wearing it down while still being able to do a lot of styles", then for me it is tailbone to upper thigh length. Never had it longer so not sure how versatile it would be.

constructamane
May 12th, 2012, 04:31 PM
WOW, thanks so much for your quick responses! I have never had really long hair....so I don't know, that is why I asked. i would love to have your hair...ALL of you!Up dos may be very difficult, since I have fine hair, and I don't feel it is long enough yet to measure for a ponytail, but the thickness is not much more than ii, and I have difficulty keeping certain hair ornaments in it, because they fall out!
By versatile, I meant up dos and down dos, and like you said, the easibility at which you can transition it into another look.
Oh my God.....my goal keeps getting LONGER first it was BSL, then, Waist, now......its hip and beyond.....I hope I can live that long!!

earthnut
May 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
In terms of being able to wear it both up and down, BSL to waist.

In terms of being able to do fancy updos, the longer the better! Waist at the least. BSL is when I'm first able to do some or the more interesting updos, but just barely.

luxepiggy
May 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Oh, you're an almost-hairtwin! Maybe like a hair cousin or something. I seem to do best around hip-length. That gives me enough to work with for most updos, without being too unwieldy to wear down as much as I want to (^(oo)^)v

BlazingHeart
May 12th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I'll second darklyndsea, it really depends on your thickness. At hip (almost BCL), I can just barely do the lazy wrap bun. (I'm not even sure it's secure enough to stay long, because I don't have long enough sticks - right now, as soon as I move an inch, the stick pops out, gotta get longer sticks!)

mzBANGBANG
May 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
For me versatile means being able to heat style, updos, and wearing it down. I'd think the best bodymarker for this would be Waist. It wouldn't be too heavy to hold curl, it would be quite long enough to pull off some of the more fun braided styles, and it would look the way I want it to look while wearing it down.