PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing pleasie? *Extremly large pics!*

misspurdy06
May 12th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I've always guessed my hair type based on what I remember my hair before I tortured it with bleach. Now that my hair is getting back to healthy I need some official typing to the healthy bits of my hair thank you for your opinion!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Picture234.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Picture233.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/Picture228.jpg

misspurdy06
May 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM

EmmaDStrange
May 12th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'd say 2a maybe 2b? Lovely curls though! How jealous I am of you curlies!!

lapushka
May 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I'd say 2a/2b.

ArienEllariel
May 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM
2a/2b :) >insert extra characters here<

Vampyria
May 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I love your waves.:) I would say 2b.

MissCoco
May 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I would say 2a/2b. :) I like the color!

BlazingHeart
May 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
You're wavier than I am, so I'd say 2b. I'm guessing the wavier bits are the 'healthy' hair and the less wavy stuff you're holding to the side is the 'not healthy' hair?

misspurdy06
May 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I would say 2a/2b. :) I like the color!
Natural + Sun-in.

Thank you for the compliment

misspurdy06
May 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
You're wavier than I am, so I'd say 2b. I'm guessing the wavier bits are the 'healthy' hair and the less wavy stuff you're holding to the side is the 'not healthy' hair?

Very astute! The I am holding the dryer straighter bits.

dwell_in_safety
May 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
That looks like my hair texture in its natural state, and I've typed myself as a 2b. :)

spidermom
May 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I'm in the 2B camp.

Mesmerise
May 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I find it difficult to decide as mostly I just see the underside of your hair, and in the final picture it's hard to get a perspective!

From what I SEE it looks 2a/2b... but if I were only to show the underside of my hair, people would probably guess 2b/2c and the reality is I'm not that at all, because the top is so much straighter naturally (I'm a mix somewhere from 1b/1c to 2c... so I average it out at 2a lol).

Honestly, I don't think I'm going to get a "proper" typing until my hair is actually long (like waist length), and all the damage has been grown out. Then I'll get a better idea of my true hair type. Hmm except that I henna, so even then it may not be 100% correct (as henna has been known to straighten hair!).

Charybdis
May 13th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I'm thinking 2b. What did you do with your hair prior to taking the photograph? Was it dried without any combing or product after being freshly washed? The wave pattern of hair in the 2's can vary dramatically depending on whether it was combed AT ALL (even just finger combing) during the washing and drying process. I thought I was a 2a/2b until I did a proper hair-typing after washing *without*any finger-combing during the conditioning process and without squeezing it straight to get the water out at the end (instead, used gentle scrunching only with fingers and then T-shirt). It made a really big difference in the intensity of the waves; clearly just the finger-combing and squeezing had pulled a lot of the curl out.

misspurdy06
May 13th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I'm thinking 2b. What did you do with your hair prior to taking the photograph? Was it dried without any combing or product after being freshly washed? The wave pattern of hair in the 2's can vary dramatically depending on whether it was combed AT ALL (even just finger combing) during the washing and drying process. I thought I was a 2a/2b until I did a proper hair-typing after washing *without*any finger-combing during the conditioning process and without squeezing it straight to get the water out at the end (instead, used gentle scrunching only with fingers and then T-shirt). It made a really big difference in the intensity of the waves; clearly just the finger-combing and squeezing had pulled a lot of the curl out.
I did squeeze out excess water. and finger comb a little.

MissCoco
May 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Natural + Sun-in.

Thank you for the compliment

Ah okay, thanks for sharing! And you're welcome!

TiffanieJean
May 13th, 2012, 01:55 PM
2a/2b I think. :bluebiggr Mine is 1c/2a and very close to yours. Just has more straight pieces and very few places where it is that wavy.