PDA

View Full Version : Redheads

pyroliske
May 11th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I've been looking about the threads here over the last couple of days, and everyone has beautiful hair. One thing I've noticed though is how many of you have red hair, whether dyed or natural.

A bit about me - my mother has natural black hair, and my dad has natural blonde hair. I was born with blonde hair which turned red while I was still a baby. I hated my hair colour from a young age, I always wanted to be blonde and felt like a blonde trapped in a redhead's body. Adults would always comment on how beautiful my colour was, but kids at school called me names, and I hated my colour.

I dyed my hair dark brown through my late teens, and embraced my red hair in my early twenties by using henna shampoos to increase the vibrancy of the red, but I never felt happy. Then in my late 20's I went to the hairdresser and she made me blonde. Then I stayed blonde until about 3 years ago when I decided to henna back to red, and eventually grew that out back to my natural colour. But I never felt comfortable with my natural colour so earlier this year I decided to go blonde again, and I'm happier.

I can see the beauty of red hair in others, and I wish I had what it takes to embrace my natural colour and just go with it as others do, but that little girl who so wanted to be blonde has a lot of sway over me :D

To the natural redheads here: Have you always loved your red hair? Have you been other colours?

To the dyed redheads: What made you choose to go red, and do you prefer being red to your own natural colour?

As I say some of the hues I've seen here are really beautiful, and the hair looks so shiny and healthy. I just don't like the red on me.

Amber_Maiden
May 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Natural red head here- though I'm more of an auburn red head now.

My hair used to be much more orange and would go strawberry blonde in the summer. I dyed it brown throughout huh school, and even last October dyed it dark brown- before realizing I like being a red head. I use henna to strengthen my hair, and it does make my red hair darker, even when diluted with cassia.

I haven't always liked my red hair, as you can see above with all the brown hair dying, but now, with a daughter on the way, I want her to see that being natural is beautiful. I want her to be proud of whatever hair she has, and what she looks like! :)

I also never felt right, like myself, when my hair wasn't red. The brown dye on my hair doesn't look right at all and doesn't make me feel sexy. I have pale skin and green eyes, so I guess I'm supposed to have red hair! lol

carolyncasl
May 11th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I was born brunette. I think deep red hair is really pretty. I started dying it red when I was 17. I liked how unique it was. I thought brunette was boring.

I was blonde for awhile, but the only reason I went blonde was because I was going prematurely gray (got my first gray hair at 17), and I had an allergic reaction to hair dyes, so I didn't touch up my roots very often.

As time went on, and my hair got grayer and grayer, the "white stripe" started to really bug me. Not only that, but since I wasn't upkeeping the roots, and would dye my whole head with whatever box dye was cheap/on sale/available, I was ending up with different colored 1-2-inch stripes down my head.

I had the Hair Cuttery dye my hair red a couple of times hoping they'd be able to match the colors, but they screwed it up bad. So I went to a real salon and had it bleached blonde for about 5 years. I was happy with the blonde, but I thought I looked better with the red hair.

My friend had henna'ed my hair once and I loved it and didn't have the allergic reaction, and I always wanted to henna it again. Then my other friend found a box of Hennalucent which turned my hair bright magenta.

Eventually, I got sick of having to go to the salon every 4 months for the blonde upkeep. The salon was charging me more and more each time I went, and eventually, I decided it was too much. Also, my hair wasn't getting any longer. I missed the red.

For about a year, I didn't do anything with my hair because I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I wanted to keep it blonde, or go back to red, or do it myself, or go to a salon. That was when I discovered the Mehandi henna website and now I'm a happy henna-head.

longNred
May 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
a natural auburn here... I have always loved my color. But I have the whole package, auburn hair, fair skin, tons of freckles, and hazel eyes, so it's always suited me. I've never dyed it another color, but I have highlighted it. I've added blonde and bright red here & there in my younger years. Now in my mid 30s it's faded quite a bit (mostly I try to AVOID long hours in the sun now). so now I henna to keep my auburn going strong, and to hide a few pesky silvers. but without a doubt, i have always LOVED my color.

ladylowtide
May 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Henna head here.

I have had pink hair, orange hair, platinum, black, and bottle red.

I naturally have very ashen medium brown hair, I have always felt that my hair color looked rather plain. As I got older I disliked how my hair looked when it was processes with color, either at the salon or from home box dye kits. I like the natural look best, but I didn't think my brown mousy hair would look good at longer lengths, I thought that it might look unkempt.

When I discovered that henna was far less damaging than other types of dyes, and that it was translucent, allowing for a combinations of the red with your natural hair color for a more natural look, it was no brainer for me.

I love being a red head, it makes me feel special and vibrant. The last thing I want when I get my long hair is to look homely, or matronly. I think the red keeps it looking young.

Vampyria
May 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I think red hair looks amazing!:) Well I'm growing out my box red dye, because I found it to unnatural looking.
I would like to have natural looking red, actually orange. But I think my hair is to dark to achieve that color with henna and I wouldn't like to use chemical colors ever again. Maybe when my hair goes gray. :) I also like the pale skin natural redheads have and I had a crush on a redhead guy in high school. :p

aldasbeke
May 11th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I use henna. I don't know if it looks natural or not- my original hair color has a lot of red in it to the point where some called me a redhead even before henna. But I don't identify as one because when I was a child, I had dark brown hair which actually lightened into the dark blonde/light brown with red undertones that it is now. I'm not too fond of my natural color because it looks dull in most lights, so I henna and I personally think I fool people into thinking I'm a redhead but I don't know :)

okiesarah
May 11th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Natural redhead (strawberry blonde) here. I've never dyed my hair. This is mainly because along with my red-blonde hair I got really blonde eyelashes and eyebrows. So if I dyed my hair a different color that would just look weird I think, and I'd rather not be bothered to dye my eyebrows.
Whether or not I love it... well most of the time I don't really think about it. I love having long hair again since having it long was something I was proud about in grade school. Me and one other girl had "hair races" to see who could have the longest hair. But having red hair most of the time is just as normal to me as someone who has black or brown hair.

Micayla47
May 11th, 2012, 02:19 PM
i know the grass is always greener... but i've always loved loved red hair. henna, natural, box dye, bozo orange. i dyed my hair red for about 4 years, but as i got older (into my 30's) i started bleaching it. everyone around me says i look so much better with blond hair. several times i have dyed it dark, only to have my friends & family tell me "blond is better on you." well, the same way you don't feel like a redhead, i don't feel like a blond. i'm new to lhc, and all the beautiful redheads and brunettes on here have inspired me to go dark (brown or red, not sure). and this time, even if people tell me it looks better blond, i'm not going back. i have a friend who is a talented hairdresser and he told me that it isn't the bleach that's ruining my hair; it's the back and forth -- blond, dark, bleach, dye...
anyway, back to you. if you feel like a blond then do it (in the most gentle way possible). you can still appreciate red hair on others and who knows, you may change your mind someday. or not.

Micayla47
May 11th, 2012, 02:21 PM
p.s. your profile says you're 37, but in your avatar you 17!!!

auburntressed
May 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
To the natural redheads here: Have you always loved your red hair? Have you been other colours? I reckon my situation was a little strange, as I didn't realize I was a redhead until a couple of different people told me I was. This is because I grew up with a mother whose hair is the red of a flaming sunset, and she adamantly believes no other shade of red is "true" red. We occasionally saw other redheads in stores, and she would always, without fail, make comments about how their hair wasn't as red as hers. Aside from that, there were no redheads in my daily life against whom to compare my color; and I'm an auburn red. I've got the fair skin, the freckles, the pale eyes... But again, my mom kept telling me that I had chocolate brown hair and dark olive skin. Then there were others always criticizing me for looking so pale I was sick. My mom went off on a neighbor lady because she always commented on how pale I was any time she saw me. She even felt my forehead a couple of times for a fever!

So... Accepting my hair color and accepting who I am was a really difficult journey with having a mother constantly telling me one thing, and others telling me something else. I really went through years of being horribly conflicted and confused. And having auburn hair doesn't make the, "Am I a redhead or not!?" question easier.

I am satisfied with my hair color now, if not completely happy all the time. I would like it slightly paler and slightly redder.

Embracing my skin tone was way more important for me on a practical level because until I did that, I kept suffering terribly from sun exposure. I figured out once and for all when I was around 13 that, no matter how much my mom told me I tanned like a beach bunny... it just weren't so. The pain of the burns wouldn't stop till I started acting like a redhead.

To the dyed redheads: What made you choose to go red, and do you prefer being red to your own natural colour?

As I say some of the hues I've seen here are really beautiful, and the hair looks so shiny and healthy. I just don't like the red on me.I am also, at this point in my life, a hennahead. To be honest - when I first henna'd, I had no idea it would dye my hair. I did it because my friend told me it would cure my dandruff, and it did! She'd been using henna for ages, and I had never seen it change her hair color (cause her hair was black). I really just assumed any color difference would be superficial and temporary.

Well, I do definitely notice a color difference. But no one else did when I first started. And I don't get a noticeable demarcation line as my roots grow out. The biggest difference for me is the incredible shine and the change in texture to my hair. I don't know if I like henna or my natural auburn better. But the scalp problems I have ensure I will be a henna user for life. Nothing else helps.

The only person who has ever commented on it was my mom, and she got really self-righteous about it. Went on and on about how REAL redheads hate it when us mundanes try to dye red and copy off of them... ect ect.

Sorry for the long book! The whole redhead thing is something that I have really struggled with through my life... Not just in and of itself, but as a component of my overall identity.

FYI - I also wanted so badly to be a blond for a good portion of my childhood!

(I can pm a pic of my pre-henna hair to you for reference if you are curious. I just don't want to post my photobucket links openly).

Alvrodul
May 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I'm another hennahead, and I looooove the color! :D
My natural color is a dishwater blonde.

lapushka
May 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I was a henna redhead for a number of years and I definitely loved, *loved* being a redhead. I preferred it over my drab dark blond (blonette) color. The red made me feel absolutely great about myself. I felt *hot*! I would still be a redhead, if it weren't for the ongoing upkeep of henna and of dyes in general, and also if it weren't for other circumstances (that I can't talk about here). Also, since I am starting to go gray, actually: pure white (just a teeny tiny bit here and there), and that's not going to decrease in years to come, that is not such a good base for henna. It is a big challenge to embrace your natural color, I totally get that. Took me years for me to accept mine, but somehow I did. :)

SeaLamb
May 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
i'm a natural red head and did my first henna last month :D.

naturally i'm a little darker/redder than a strawberry blonde and with henna it's even darker, but more vibrant and i love it :).

it was only recently (past 2 yrs or so) that i started to love my red hair. however i wasn't aloud to dye my entire head a different color when i was younger, so i had to live with only dying sections underneath and having the rest my natural strawberryish color. i suppose i always felt like a redhead though; i don't think i would have quite been myself with a different hair color.

zombi
May 11th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I am both a "natural" redhead and a "dyed" redhead because my hair is strawberry blonde, which I'm pretty sure counts....? But I use henna/cassia to make it more true copper colour. I prefer the more copper colour to my natural colour which I find boring.

For a long time I dyed it every colour imaginable (purple/blue/pink/green/etc) and a lot of blue-black. I now like a more natural look. (and since almost everyone seems to think the more-copper colour IS natural, I think I have succeeded)

Curly Hermione
May 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Henna head here! I was blonde as a kid, and always thought of myself as blonde, until one day I saw my reflection and suddenly realised I was this drab, greyish colour. I just hated the way it looked on me.
I tried learning to live with it, but I couldn't stand it any longer. My mum tried to convince me to get blonde highlights, but I already have such a hard time dying my hair anyway, I didn't want to do anything that could make it even worse by damaging it. Despite that, I did a ton of lemon juice highlighting, which worked a little, but not nearly as much as I wanted it to.
Eventually, I finally succumbed to the urge to henna I had been fighting for ages. The first apllication was OK, but could look really different depending on the light. Some people didn't even notice it had changed. I kind of liked it, but it was weird.
Now, after my second application a couple of weeks ago, I am much happier. It is definitely red, and I like it. I thought it looked natural, but then my mum and aunt commented that it didn't, which upset me. Still though, maybe they're wrong? Anyway, now I've gone red, I definitely feel more like I should have been a red head. A friend made a really nice comment the other day, that I have curls and red hair, which is "the ultimate combination", I thought that was really sweet of her. :)

GeoJ
May 11th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I was born a redhead, but after toddlerhood my hair turned brown and stayed that way. I LOVE red hair!! I wish I could have red hair, so occassionally I use henna. Recently I bleached a streak and then hennaed it so I can at least have a streak of red hair.

Iolanthe13
May 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I had red-blonde hair as a toddler, but it faded to a dark blonette as I got older. I first dyed it "under the influence" in the middle of the night. It was freshman year and I was feeling the freedom, haha... Needless to say it didn't turn out too well, but it felt great. Now I'm onto henna, and amazed to have red hair that doesn't fade!

With my blonette hair (which was pretty and healthy), I felt like a wallflower. Red hair kind of forced me out of my shell, socially. Most people think my hair is natural now, unless the roots are showing. I don't think much about it, now, unless someone comments - it's just part of who I am.

moxamoll
May 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'm a henna head! I'm a medium brown with lots of blonde and red highlights and it's now about 30% white. I did chemical red for years, but got tired of the expense and how fast it faded. Plus, my skin has gone nuts lately and hates the chemicals.

I LOVE henna! I love being a red head! I have Irish/English heritage, so pale skin and blue eyes and I carry red hair well. Most people assume that it's natural. Being a red head gets attention and makes you a bit more unique.

BlazingHeart
May 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I have chestnut hair, which is brown with a bit of red. I had bright red hair as a baby that became a lovely shade of auburn when i was about 18 months. By the time I was 2, I was going the sandy mix of blonde and light brown that I would have until I was 12 or so and my hair darkened again, plus got a hint of red.

I am iffy about identifying as a redhead because so much of my family is "true" redheads. Mom is bright red, my sis is kind of a pale red, just a bit too dark to be strawberry blonde. Mom is quite adamant that I do not qualify as a redhead. I wish I had the auburn hair I had before I turned 2, but dye or henna upkeep is just more bother than it is worth to me.

brave
May 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm a born redhead. I think it's a little darker now but it was quite bright all through childhood and I hate, hate, hated it. I wanted stick straight pitch black hair and I got red curls and no matter how many little old women stopped me to tell me my hair looked just like her third great-grandchild's only a few shades to the left, I hated it.

I started to like it as a teenager. I dyed it purple when I was 18 for kicks. Now it's all virgin again and I think it looks less red, but I still like it. I wonder what it'll look like when I go grey -- I have a lot of whites already -- but hey. Should be fun.

battles
May 11th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I used henna because I always wanted red hair and was so sure I'd love it.

Nope, wrong. I liked it for awhile and then realized that my natural color was much prettier than what I got with henna. My natural is an ashy light brown with sparkly silvers. I can't wait until my hair is all virgin again.

KahRistAhn
May 11th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'm a henna user.

I used to dye my hair with chemical dyes because I find my natural color boring ("dishwater blonde"), and I'd gone red a few times. But then I researched henna a bunch, and I wanted the conditioning benefits.

Soooo, I decided to go for it because I already knew I'd look okay with red hair. I kinda feel like my features work well with it, and I look like I could be a natural redhead.

Hollyfire3
May 11th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I'm a henna user.

I used to dye my hair with chemical dyes because I find my natural color boring ("dishwater blonde"), and I'd gone red a few times. But then I researched henna a bunch, and I wanted the conditioning benefits.

Soooo, I decided to go for it because I already knew I'd look okay with red hair. I kinda feel like my features work well with it, and I look like I could be a natural redhead.

Your NOT a natural redhead...wow, your avatar pic had me FOOLED! I seriously can't see you being a dirty blonde! I love the red on you, perfect choice!

gogirlanime
May 11th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Henna head here :)

It's like the thing if you were born with curly hair you want straight and if straight you want curly. You either have to change or learn to love what you have.

My natural color is a medium ash brown (really boring) my color just doesn't suit my personality. I am an artist who loves color, I am mostly Irish and look like it except for my hair color, I'm physically loud, I dress "loud" and like you I am a redhead trapped in a brunette's body. I think red hair is the sexiest and prettiest depending on the shade. It's such a rarity and I'm so envious of those who have it naturally. Luckily there is such a thing as henna so I can get that color without damaging my hair. I've come and go over the years I've been a dark brunette coco / mocha and I've been strawberry blonde. I've come to find that red is my "base" it's the color I'll always go back to because I feel like myself being a redhead.

Don't feel guilty not liking your red hair all the time. I don't like my brown all the time either. It's pretty boring but it's a nice shade but not a nice color / hue.

Note: I've never understood why as children we would make fun of redheads. I think because it is so rare is why we see it as "not normal" as children. But when you grow up you find that we as women, many men go crazy over it (I know my dad and boyfriend do)

CurlyCap
May 11th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Lol. I don't belong on this thread at all. Dark, curly hair that doesn't take henna color and a skin color that would make red hair look bizarre.

I ADORE red hair!

It's the prettiest color, like a jewel on top of your head all the time. I love when light hits red hair and the highlights are so pretty, like gold or rays. I have to very sternly tell myself not to reach for red hair when I see it. My fascination with the color is that strong. :D

There's nothing else like it. I never understood why so many populations/cultures value blonde over red hair. I thought rare was "good" and expensive and therefore red hair would be the best. Lol. People are weird.

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Natural red head here- though I'm more of an auburn red head now.

My hair used to be much more orange and would go strawberry blonde in the summer. I dyed it brown throughout huh school, and even last October dyed it dark brown- before realizing I like being a red head. I use henna to strengthen my hair, and it does make my red hair darker, even when diluted with cassia.

I haven't always liked my red hair, as you can see above with all the brown hair dying, but now, with a daughter on the way, I want her to see that being natural is beautiful. I want her to be proud of whatever hair she has, and what she looks like! :)

I also never felt right, like myself, when my hair wasn't red. The brown dye on my hair doesn't look right at all and doesn't make me feel sexy. I have pale skin and green eyes, so I guess I'm supposed to have red hair! lol
Mine was very orange when I was growing up, I didn't realise how orange it was until i looked back at old photos recently.

I don't think I would have minded strawberry blonde.

See I have brown eyes so I kind of disappeared into my hair. I always wanted blue eyes - another thing I was born with but they changed a few months after birth :D

I tried dark brown, but like you said I never felt sexy or quite right. Blonde just seems to work better for me, as though I found myself.

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Natural redhead (strawberry blonde) here. I've never dyed my hair. This is mainly because along with my red-blonde hair I got really blonde eyelashes and eyebrows. So if I dyed my hair a different color that would just look weird I think, and I'd rather not be bothered to dye my eyebrows.
Whether or not I love it... well most of the time I don't really think about it. I love having long hair again since having it long was something I was proud about in grade school. Me and one other girl had "hair races" to see who could have the longest hair. But having red hair most of the time is just as normal to me as someone who has black or brown hair.
I have blonde eyebrows and eyelashes too - was a bit of a kicker for me because the colour I wanted to be was only on my eyelashes and brows not my hair :D

I have to dye them otherwise I look like an albino

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Haha thanks for the compliment but I really am 37! That photo is only about two weeks old too.

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM
p.s. your profile says you're 37, but in your avatar you 17!!!

Haha thanks for the compliment but I really am 37! That photo is only about two weeks old too.

pyroliske
May 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I reckon my situation was a little strange, as I didn't realize I was a redhead until a couple of different people told me I was. This is because I grew up with a mother whose hair is the red of a flaming sunset, and she adamantly believes no other shade of red is "true" red. We occasionally saw other redheads in stores, and she would always, without fail, make comments about how their hair wasn't as red as hers. Aside from that, there were no redheads in my daily life against whom to compare my color; and I'm an auburn red. I've got the fair skin, the freckles, the pale eyes... But again, my mom kept telling me that I had chocolate brown hair and dark olive skin. Then there were others always criticizing me for looking so pale I was sick. My mom went off on a neighbor lady because she always commented on how pale I was any time she saw me. She even felt my forehead a couple of times for a fever!

So... Accepting my hair color and accepting who I am was a really difficult journey with having a mother constantly telling me one thing, and others telling me something else. I really went through years of being horribly conflicted and confused. And having auburn hair doesn't make the, "Am I a redhead or not!?" question easier.

I am satisfied with my hair color now, if not completely happy all the time. I would like it slightly paler and slightly redder.

Embracing my skin tone was way more important for me on a practical level because until I did that, I kept suffering terribly from sun exposure. I figured out once and for all when I was around 13 that, no matter how much my mom told me I tanned like a beach bunny... it just weren't so. The pain of the burns wouldn't stop till I started acting like a redhead.
I am also, at this point in my life, a hennahead. To be honest - when I first henna'd, I had no idea it would dye my hair. I did it because my friend told me it would cure my dandruff, and it did! She'd been using henna for ages, and I had never seen it change her hair color (cause her hair was black). I really just assumed any color difference would be superficial and temporary.

Well, I do definitely notice a color difference. But no one else did when I first started. And I don't get a noticeable demarcation line as my roots grow out. The biggest difference for me is the incredible shine and the change in texture to my hair. I don't know if I like henna or my natural auburn better. But the scalp problems I have ensure I will be a henna user for life. Nothing else helps.

The only person who has ever commented on it was my mom, and she got really self-righteous about it. Went on and on about how REAL redheads hate it when us mundanes try to dye red and copy off of them... ect ect.

Sorry for the long book! The whole redhead thing is something that I have really struggled with through my life... Not just in and of itself, but as a component of my overall identity.

FYI - I also wanted so badly to be a blond for a good portion of my childhood!

(I can pm a pic of my pre-henna hair to you for reference if you are curious. I just don't want to post my photobucket links openly).

Wow it sounds like your mum had some insecurities there. It does sound like you are a natural redhead, there are all different shades of red, and not all redheads have pale skin either.

I'd like to see your pre-henna hair if you don't mind sending me the link.

browneyedsusan
May 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I was born a strawberry blonde, and remained that color until I had children 16 years ago.
The flux in hormones changed my hair. It thinned significantly, and never returned to the prior thickness or color. My natural color is graying ash brown now, and I've had my hair colored red--strawberry to dark auburn--for most of those years, but even salon reds faded out after a week or 2.

This year I stumbled on henna and LOVED it. The red stays put, and sparkles in the sun. Then the compliments started, and gave me the gumption to grow my hair for the first time in 15 years.

I have a fair skin and freckles--even at my age!--and feel more natural in red; even if it isn't. ;)

MagicalMystery
May 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I was born a redhead and sadly, it turned to dark blonde as I got older. But any photo of me before the age of 3, my hair is a bright auburn. My father still calls me Pumpkin because of it. :) When I used to dye my hair ginger, a lot of people thought it was my natural color... Guess it's because I was born with it.

tigereye
May 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hennahead here!
I'm a natural warm brunette. By warm I mean I had a lot of red-ishness in my hair anyway. I started hennaing to bring out the red more. Now I love my hair the way it is now. It looks dark red-brown inside, and more ginger-red in the sun. Every light brings out different colours. I like my red colour.
I think I just suit red though. I have pale skin with lots of moles and which burns easily. Plus I have odd-coloured eyes which look much brighter with my redder hair.

Merlin
May 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
As somebody lucky enough to be married to the world's cutest strawberry blonde (well that's my opinion) I say this poster says it all

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tree9148/redheads.jpg

KahRistAhn
May 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Your NOT a natural redhead...wow, your avatar pic had me FOOLED! I seriously can't see you being a dirty blonde! I love the red on you, perfect choice!

Hehe, thanks so much! I love hearing people say that it seems natural. :)

RiotPrrl
May 12th, 2012, 04:35 PM
My natural hair color is light brown which, in my opinion, looks boring on me and makes me look mousy. In the past I've had blonde highlights (never again, it burned my scalp), dark brown, black and red. Currently I'm hennaing my hair.

I absolutely LOVE red hair and it's a colour that suits me very well. Red hair (or coppery tones in general) tend to bring warmth to my face and make me look less pale.

TheMechaGinger
May 12th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Natural red here too. I've loved my red hair my whole life, I've even used henna a few times to make it even more red but I'm quitting with that now to let my lighter red grow out

gogirlanime
May 13th, 2012, 12:11 AM
As somebody lucky enough to be married to the world's cutest strawberry blonde (well that's my opinion) I say this poster says it all

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tree9148/redheads.jpg

http://stuartnager.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/bed-redhead.jpg