PDA

View Full Version : What vitamins do you take & when do you take them?

Fairlight63
May 10th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I was wondering what vitamins do you take & what time of the day do you take them? Is there a better time of the day to take certain vitamins?

gogirlanime
May 10th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Before bed I take with a BIG glass of water. I take most of my vitamins at night because melatonin and other growth hormones kick in when you sleep, your hair grows the most at night so giving it plenty of vitamins while you sleep helps.

2,000mg MSM
1,200mcg biotin
500mg Vitamin C
200mg hyaluronic acid
500mg inositol
150mcg iodine

With random meals

1,300mg evening primrose oil
2,000mg fish oil

Then throughout the day I drink 1 tablespoon on diatomaceous earth mixed in with water.

Redhead Rebel
August 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
1 x Vitamin B and 1 x 500mcg Biotin in the morning

1 x 5000mcg Biotin and 1 x 1500mg MSM just before bed

MissPetite2010
August 11th, 2012, 09:25 PM
i take the spring valley hair skin and nail vitamins. sometimes i take 3 a day. but most of the time it's 2. I started taking them again, when I took them before, i saw a big difference in my nails. They grew like crazy. When I stopped taking them, my nails broke off. Couldn't see a difference with the hair really. Although I wasn't really measuring my hair at the time. Wish it was more towards hair, but some genetics play a roll in my nails growing fairly fast, besides taking vitamins.

Simone_Fatale
August 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I take B complex, 1 a day, usually after dinner to make sure it absorbs well. And I get very sick when I take them on an empty stomach.

anikadear
August 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I take:

2,000mg Biotin- 1 after breakfast, another after dinner
1,000mg B-12- 1 after breakfast, another after dinner also

I'm thinking about adding an omega-3 vitamin also. I usually only eat fish or chicken but the meds I'm on drastically lower my appetite so I don't think I'm getting enough.

Tisiloves
August 12th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Multivitamin and mineral and omega 3 with breakfast.

Amber_Maiden
August 12th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I take a breastfeeding vitamin- it's basically a multivitamin. I also take extra b12 sometimes.

Zindell
August 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
About six months a year I take vitamin D: 5000 IU/day, because the sun doesn't raise high enough to provide a sufficient dose during the winter here in Sweden.

All other vitamins and minerals I get from food. (Wildcaught fish for Omega-3)

freznow
August 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I can't keep up with complex so I just take a multivitamin and 5000 IU Vitamin D. Usually before I go to bed at night, because that's the only time I can remember. I'm the worst at having a "morning routine".

Madora
August 12th, 2012, 09:07 AM
With breakfast: Centrum Silver, Iron, Biotin, Vitamin D, B-Complex plus a supplement for Glucosamine and Condroitin and Omega 3 Fish oil.

Sophiatrist
August 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I take 50,000 IU vitamin D once a week, a multivitamin in the morning and 5000 mcg of biotin in the evening. I also take 750 mg of glucosamine sulphate in the morning, I'm not sure if that should be counted as a vitamin or not.

ouseljay
August 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM
When I remember:
Vitamin D, 2000 mg
Vitamin B12, 2500 mg sublingual (I came up very deficient on a blood test a couple years ago.)
And when I'm feeling under the weather I add Vitamin C, 1000 mg.

Edit: I take them in the morning, I'm least likely to forget that way.

Loveisaverb
August 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I take 1 pill of 5000 biotin, 2 of 1500 MSN, 1 omega 3 fish oil, and 2 hair, skin, and nail pills.

I usually take msn, biotin and hair pills sometime in the evening and the fish oil later in the night.

Honey_Bear89
August 12th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hair, skin and nails from Trader Joe's. I take one in the morning after breakfast and one after dinner. I stopped shedding as much and my hair seems to be stronger. :) I have also been avoiding chemical dye and heat tools for a few month so that is definitely a factor in my hair's new health too.

jacqueline101
August 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Multi vitamin right now trying a biotin pill I take 3000mcg of it. I used to take hair skin and nail pill.

gossamer
August 12th, 2012, 01:26 PM
1 Daily Multivitamin, Coscto brand,
2 fish oil (until they run out, I bought them hoping the cat would eat the oil with her food because her skin is flaky, but she thinks fish oil is poison or something)
and two calcium/vit D pills.

I don't take anything for my hair, I just take vitamins for my health overall.

Henrietta
August 12th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I take eye supplements, but, apart from lutein, the pills have aaaaall vitamins you can imagine. A, Bs, PP, C, also selenium, zinc and some more good elements. I guess that's the reason why my hair has been growing like crazy :D I take them when I eat breakfast. Somewhere in the middle.

Xxanderia
August 12th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I take a ton of supplements all for different reasons
a.m.: lysine, echinacea, maca, fenugreek, quercetin, vitamin c, vitamin b
p.m. : flaxseed oil, evening primrose, calcium, apple cider vinegar, vitamin c
weekly: 5000mcg biotin

KwaveT
August 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I take many of them and spread them out:

Breakfast: 1000 mg fish oil, 200 mcg chromium picolonate, 100 mg niacin, Nature's Made Super B Complex(contains 150 mg vitamin C), selenium 200 mcg, 2000 mg MSM

lunch: 2000 IU vitamin D, 1000 mg MSM, 200 mg Magnesium Citrate

dinner: 100 mg resveratol, 3500 mcg biotin, 15 mg zinc, Hair Skin Nails vitamin with 300 mg of MSM, 1500 mg of MSM, Silica supplement with herbals in it 500 mg, Viactic calcium chew, Vitamin C 500 mg

bedtime: Another 200 mg Magnesium citrate

Asprettyasme
August 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
#error

#An error occurred.

ladyfey
August 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I take a vegan multivitamin and a tablespoon of Barlean's flaxseed oil (strawberry banana flavor) at lunch time.

maborosi
August 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I take a children's multivitamin- once in the morning and once in the evening.

I also take 500mcg of biotin in the morning and in the evening.

Biotin has made my nails grow insanely fast, very strong, and my eyelashes are unbelievably long! I was in a wedding and the woman doing my makeup said that I didn't need to wear fake eyelashes because mine were so thick and long! :D

@Asprettyasme:

I've heard that MSM is really good for the skin when taken in conjunction with vitamin c, but I've also heard it tastes really gross! Are you taking the powder kind?

~maborosi~

jeanniet
August 12th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I take vitamin D on my doctor's instructions, but otherwise no one in my family takes vitamins. I really don't believe in taking vitamins except as advised by a doctor. If your diet is that poor you'd be better off eating healthier foods instead of taking pills. We don't get sick, so there's obviously nothing to fix, and my hair grows just fine. :shrug:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I try to get all my vitamins from a healthy variety of fresh foods. I am currently on an iron supplement prescribed by my doctor, otherwise I take no vitamins or supplements.

Last month my hair grew an inch. Will have to see if it keeps going like that.

EndlessSunshine
August 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I take Natures made diabetic vitamins. It has a little extra vitamin C, B vitamins, chromium, and some other stuff to support immune system and blood sugar. I notice I have more energy when I take them regularly. I take my vitamins after I eat breakfast.

HairCareJunkie
August 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
After some try outs, I found a vitamin that actually works for me.
At this moment I use Oenobiol for hair and nails. I take 2 pills a day in the morning.

Garnet66
August 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
My vitamins routine is this:

Two hair vitamins
5000 mg Biotin
1000 mg Msm
Silica
1 Multivitamin

I take them in the morning with food. Otherwise they make me nauseous. I just started taking them so I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Indigo Girl
August 14th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I get most of my vitamins/minerals from food. I usually forget to take the actual vitamins at all - I really need to get better at that. Right now I suppose I take them about once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. When I do remember, I take the following (all of which are vegan):

- Hair, nails, & skin multi
- B12
- Glucosamine/MSM

I am good about putting superfood supplements in my morning smoothies though (flax, spirulina, maca, goji, acai, etc). This I do everyday.

I take a vegan multivitamin and a tablespoon of Barlean's flaxseed oil (strawberry banana flavor) at lunch time. May I ask which vegan multi you take, ladyfey? I'm always on the lookout for good products. :bluesmile

Long Hair Gal
August 14th, 2012, 01:42 PM
My vitamins routine is this:

Two hair vitamins
5000 mg Biotin
1000 mg Msm
Silica
1 Multivitamin

I take them in the morning with food. Otherwise they make me nauseous. I just started taking them so I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Hey interesting thread!
Wow, that's quite a lot of Biotin. I used to use a straight Biotin pill but I don't anymore. I saw a magazine ad for Intense Grow, and I've been using those. They seem pretty good. You can get them on eBay for cheap. Or http://www.intensegrow.com
Thanks for sharing everyone!

Garnet66
August 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hey interesting thread!
Wow, that's quite a lot of Biotin. I used to use a straight Biotin pill but I don't anymore. I saw a magazine ad for Intense Grow, and I've been using those. They seem pretty good. You can get them on eBay for cheap. Or http://www.intensegrow.com
Thanks for sharing everyone!

Hmmm..those vitamins sound interesting. Have you been taking them long enough to make a difference? I'd love to know how well they work.

velvetvenus
August 16th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I take with my evening meal; floradix iron-multi supplement, msm 2000 mg with some vitamin c and have at least a tablespoonful of flaxseed on my food every day. I've been doing this for almost 4 months and my hair is growing really well, I have lots of energy and my skin is clear but I do think that a good diet is THE best way to get vitamins! I also gave up coffee as this depletes vitamin stores nd drink lots of green tea instead :)

Arashi
August 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I take a multivitamin with iron and calcium+ b12. Always with breakfast.

gnome82
August 16th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I take a night-time multivitamin that has passionflower in it to help me get to sleep. It works well for me :).