PDA

View Full Version : Hair rejects oil?

writer_mom
May 10th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

I am in a bit of a spot and need your minds for a bit. My hair is M/C. I have an equal amount of cotton thread hairs mixed with rough kinky wires (no joke, they feel like tail hair off a horse).

I have tried coconut oil, olive, mineral, even vegetable oil on my hair. The oil will go into my hair in trace amounts (all it can handle before grease city) and seemingly seep in, but an hour later it seems like my hair literally spits it back out! very frustrating.

I have not dyed, blow fryed, or chemical treated outside sls in shampoos. I am willing to admit my hair might be damaged by the sun.

I am trying to go cone-free, but my hair is becoming extra dry, brittle, and tangles like the devil creating more breaks! :justy:

I do have digestive issues like, gluten sensitivity and ibs. I am under a lot of stress right now too. I don't know if those will affect anything. I am just listing them just in case.

Have any of you had experience with this? Made able to help a girl out?

Thanks in advance

leilasahhar
May 10th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Get some Fenugreek powder. It is softer than anything Ive EVER tried on my hair. Mix it with hot water into a paste and put in on your hair. It is the answer and will fix your dry hair problems I PROMISE!! The only drawback is that its a bit oniony smelling so what I do is put in a few drops of rosemary or eucalyptus oil and it masks it pretty good. :)

Bedhead
May 10th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hi writer_mom, how are you applying the oil, on wet or dry hair? Also what you've decribed are all penetrative oils, have you tried something like jojoba, shea butter, or mineral oil? And how long has it been since you clarified your hair?

writer_mom
May 10th, 2012, 08:09 PM
At this point, I don't care lol. I will definitely try this. I want to go cone-free to get better curl.

Lady Neeva
May 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I have the same conundrum with oils and I do perfectly nothing (benign neglector). Take a look here:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2999&highlight=protein+treatment

catamonica
May 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Put one or two capfuls of olive oil in your shampoo & conditioner. It will make it softer. Also one or two capfuls of Aloe Vera in your conditioner. It will make your
hair baby soft.

writer_mom
May 10th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hi writer_mom, how are you applying the oil, on wet or dry hair? Also what you've decribed are all penetrative oils, have you tried something like jojoba, shea butter, or mineral oil? And how long has it been since you clarified your hair?

I actually did it a few days ago. When I started at LHC I think I was cone free but washing a lot and never curling. I had to grab cones to stop this mess.

I recently found sulfates make me itch and shed like crazy

I have a coney condish with shea. I have one product that is cone-less with jojoba and shea. Hair cholesterol. I am still feeling it out.

writer_mom
May 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM
is suave clarifying shampoo any good?

katsrevenge
May 10th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I don't know... but I use the V05 green clarifying stuff.

luxepiggy
May 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM
What wash method are you using?

writer_mom
May 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I have been trying to only wash once a week. I might go CO since I now found out my scalp hates SLS. I was trying for a gentle poo wash once a week. But the last two weeks have been one problem after the next, forcing me to wash twice in the first and second week and condition at random. I am starting fresh tonight. I just clarified, did a lemon rinse, and used a small amount of cone free conditioner.

http://www.webplusbeauty.com/a0912200.html <--- this stuff, but a small amount and only once in my wet hair. just enough to allow my fingers through.

luxepiggy
May 11th, 2012, 01:59 AM
I was going to suggest trying CO. My hair has become so soft and shiny since I switched!

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't offer any oil alternatives as I'm a total 'cone junkie (^(oo)^)`