PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye prices?

ArienEllariel
May 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Is it normal for a salon to charge upwards of $115 to dye BSL average thickness hair? Most of my hair is virgin... maybe the last 3-4 inches has super super super faided out semi-perminent box dye on it from years ago.

My aunt went to beauty school though and told me I could get to blonde with a couple boxes of dye and a bottle of peroxide. Total cost around $30.

I definately don't have the money to get my hair done at a salon if this is what I'm to expect. Thoughts?

Avital88
May 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
I remember when i was blond i also paid that or even more to get it blonde, but i also had lowlights that they charged and a cut so maybe you should look around more and see if you can find better places.
I havent heard of anyone yet being happy with going blonde by theirselfs, it always turns out too brassy,orange, or if you have brown in the ends it can become green.
If i were you i would go for a salon to make sure you get what you want and avoid multiple dyejobs.

Amber_Maiden
May 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Yep, salons basically charge whatever they want.

ArienEllariel
May 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Wow, I guess I'm just not used to how much people charge to apply color to your head for you. lol Yesterday was the first time I'd set foot in a salon for anything in at least 2 years. Probably longer. I mean, previously I've gone for a straight across trim but I never payed more than $15 for a cut. Never did anything else so I wasn't expecting it to cost so much.

ArienEllariel
May 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I guess my family has conditioned me to be notoriously cheap. lol