PDA

View Full Version : Argh, what is this??

emeraldgriffin
May 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM
So...I, um, recently bought some shampoo and conditioner (VO5) purely because it was cheap. Then some really weird things started happening. First of all, my hair now feels weirdly coarse and almost like the shower made it more oily.

Second, and this is the kind of freaky part, when I brush my hair my brush gets covered in this white gunk that is almost wax-like. What the heck is this stuff?? My hair does seem mostly to return to its normal texture after a lot of brushing, so I assume that it's something from the conditioner that's being left in my hair in spite of careful rinsing.

Clearly I need to switch to some other brand, but seriously do any of you savvy hair-folks know what is going on here? Have I done something wacky to my hair that I am unaware of? Help! D:

Madora
May 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, it appears those products coat your hair, leaving it gunky. Look for something more hair friendly..both the shampoo and the conditioner.

When you find your perfect shampoo and conditioner, you might try diluting them a bit too.

Khiwanean
May 10th, 2012, 12:32 PM
When I tried COing with a V05 conditioner my scalp was left with a thin coating of whiteish gunk. I think it's something in V05 products. :shrug:

Corticarte
May 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
you shouldnt use that it has a lot of wax, it only does harm

rena
May 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I have had much the same experience with that brand as everyone else so far. For my mom and I, V05 is infamous for not quite rinsing out well and leaving that same white gunk behind. I touched her wet hair once after she used it, and I could actually feel the stuff rub off on my fingers. Yuck. I wouldn't reccomend their conditioner either, but you may find their shampoos handy for clarifying or scalp washes if its not too harsh on your hair.

MonicaJean
May 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I hate VO5. It always leaves my hair waxy and sticky/tacky. Dull, also. For the dirt cheap products I prefer suave.

Kyla
May 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
How weird, I've always had fantastic experience with V05. :shrug: I would suggest clarifying to get rid of any buildup, if you haven't used any other products on your hair recently it sounds like it must be the shampoo/condish.

Jing
May 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I'm surprised to see so many negative comments about VO5. A lot of people here seem to use it with great success. There was a thread recently on uses for reject products, so you could have a look there for ideas about what to do with your bottles. Using that stuff on your hair is clearly a bad idea.