PDA

View Full Version : Etsy for hair toys - card problems?

afu
May 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I've been hunting for some small hair sticks or forks (max 4") and finally found some i love on etsy.

However when i got the the checkout it keeps refusing my card, ive never used etsy before but this has never happened with my card on any other site :( Has anyone else experienced this?

Im in the UK buying from an american store, could it be because my card is English?

I was so happy to finally found some lovely hair toys in the right size, too good to be true i suppose :(

sarelis
May 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Can you pay by Paypal instead?

Amber_Maiden
May 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Maybe they don't ship to your location.

pepperminttea
May 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Maybe they don't ship to your location.

If they don't, try convo'ing the seller and asking if they'd consider sending the UK. I've done that with several US sellers and not been turned down yet. :)

afu
May 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
It does say on the items that they can be shipped to the UK, it's just the card thats the problem. Im going out in a bit so i'll test my card just to make sure.

Does it cost you to pay via paypal? i don't have an account yet

pepperminttea
May 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
It does say on the items that they can be shipped to the UK, it's just the card thats the problem. Im going out in a bit so i'll test my card just to make sure.

Does it cost you to pay via paypal? i don't have an account yet

It doesn't cost you, but they do take a cut from the person you're paying. But if the seller was too bothered with that, they wouldn't give you the option to pay through Paypal. :)

I can't remember having trouble using a UK card, but admittedly I've used Paypal for long enough that my memory could well have gotten fuzzy.

afu
May 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM
thanks pepperminttea, i'll try again later and if not i'll set up a paypal account. I will be so gutted if the items have sold by the time i sort it out

ouseljay
May 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Try contacting the seller to see if they will hold the items for you. Explain what's going on.

Is it possible that your delivery address doesn't match the card's billing address? I have heard of people having trouble with English cards in that kind of situation. (Actually, I think it was when the billing address was in England and the delivery address in another European country, or vice versa.)

sweetestpoison
May 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Every time i've used etsy they only allow you to use paypal. You're allowed to use card where you are?? I wish we could here... the paypal only uses e-check but that takes 5 days to clear!

afu
May 10th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I finally managed to sort it by opening a paypal account, i still don't know what was going on with the card as the seller said they would accept direct card payments and ship worldwide :s ah well, glad ive finally get my order in

Mina17
May 11th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Every time i've used etsy they only allow you to use paypal. You're allowed to use card where you are?? I wish we could here... the paypal only uses e-check but that takes 5 days to clear!

Some shops accept credit cards as well as paypal. I haven't found many though. Maybe the fees are higher?

xovictoryxo
May 11th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I couldnt get my card to work the other day either, had to go thru paypal!