PDA

View Full Version : How to help fade La riche Stain faster?

Amethyste
May 10th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I did Rubine on my hair last night and wow... it looks sooooo dark and all the sweet pinky red is pretty much gone :( The thing that surprised me is that the ends are soooo much darker than the rest of my hair and wasn't like that when I used the Manic Panic... What gives?

anyhow... i'd like to fade it as much as possible and redo the MP instead. What to do....?

Ligeia_13
May 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
I would also like to know this :/ Although it has mostly washed out from the parts where my hair is virgin, you can still tell the difference between that and my completely virgin roots. Its very slight, but its there :/

afu
May 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
could it be because damage to the older hair/higher porosity let more dye in? you could try an SMT heavy on the honey to help lighten, try a really active honey such as manuka

Amethyste
May 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
i really do not want to go with color oops or b4... i might order a bottle of elumen Return, may it will help? Gosh... I am so upet with this. I coud try honey too... of i might starting to wash with baking soda or plain old dawn! lol.

joflakes
May 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I use La Riche and find it fades a lot on me. I guess it is because I usually S&C and if I shower daily it definitely lasts less time. I also have a clarifying shampoo I use to help fade it out before I recolour.
HTH!

joflakes
May 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
i really do not want to go with color oops or b4... i might order a bottle of elumen Return, may it will help? Gosh... I am so upet with this. I coud try honey too... of i might starting to wash with baking soda or plain old dawn! lol.

Colour B4 isn't made for the likes of Directions anyway. The clarifying shampoo I have is by the same people though... I think it is called B4 U Colour. If you can get hold of it anyways.

You're right about Dawn, though! :O)

Amethyste
May 10th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I guess i'll have to be patient right? I just want a nice tulip color with pink undertones... :P

Dawn, here i come! lol

joflakes
May 10th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I guess i'll have to be patient right? I just want a nice tulip color with pink undertones... :P

Dawn, here i come! lol

I think that'll be the least damaging option, yes! Good luck :)

Neneka
May 10th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I keep the dye on 6 hours like I told earlier, and ut doesn't fade. :) I put a shower cap on and I have even gone shopping with the dye in my hair since it doesn't smell or drip. I just tie a large scarf over the shower cap and seal the edges of the shower cap with a wide black headband (like sweatband but it's made of thinner fabric. I don't know the proper name for it). Yeh, sounds quite crazy but no one notices...

afu
May 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I keep the dye on 6 hours like I told earlier, and ut doesn't fade. :) I put a shower cap on and I have even gone shopping with the dye in my hair since it doesn't smell or drip. I just tie a large scarf over the shower cap and seal the edges of the shower cap with a wide black headband (like sweatband but it's made of thinner fabric. I don't know the proper name for it). Yeh, sounds quite crazy but no one notices...

Thats brilliant, ive never considered going out like that! I used La Riche white toner a couple of weeks ago left on for an hour and it didn't do anything at all. Next time i'll leave it much longer

red-again
May 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
the elumen is for oxidative dyes as is the colour b4 so both will potentially just damage your hair for no more benefit than just washing lots. Maybe if your routine allows it wash with a SLS shampoo? They are notorious for removing direct dyes. And have your wash water as hot as you can stand it, that'll help too.
It really shouldn't take many washes!

I am a member on a haridye forum and one of their very helpful experienced ladies posted this ( I am pretty sure she is on this forum too!)

Shampoo
Anti-Dandruff, for example Head and Shoulders, Vosene.
Clarifying/Deep Cleansing, for example Tresemme or T-Gel.
Citris, fruit juices can strip colour very easily such as lemon juice.
Shower Gel.
Washing Up Liquid.
Hand Soap, for example Dawn.
Tea Tree Shampoo.
Scott Cornwal B4U Colour. NOTE THIS IS NOT COLOUR B4 BUT THE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO THEY DO!

Other Methods
Crush up some strong vitamin c tablets into a fine dust, mix with shampoo and lather into hair then leave in for 15-20minutes.
Swimming! The chlorine in the water can strip colour.
Spraying hair with hairspray then leaving it to dry and washing.
Covering hair in shaving foam, leave then rinse and shampoo. (as discovered by MoonFairy)
A teaspoon amount of baking soda with lots of warm water, mix until it disolves then rinse hair without scrubbing as this can aggrevate the scalp.
A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with lots of warm water, then rinse the hair.
Run a hot bath and fill it with bath salts then sit back, relax and soak your hair in the water.
Covering hair in warm olive/coconut/jojoba oil and leaving then washing out. (can vary fading)
Covering hair in coco milk, leaving for at least an hour and then rinse, shampoo and condition.

Remember all these methods are drying to the hair as you are opening the hair cuticle, letting the dye leak out so always condition lots.

Good Luck

Neneka
May 10th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Thats brilliant, ive never considered going out like that! I used La Riche white toner a couple of weeks ago left on for an hour and it didn't do anything at all. Next time i'll leave it much longer

I would hate the idea of not being able to go out for a whole day because I am dyeing my hair. ;)

Amethyste
May 10th, 2012, 09:17 AM
the elumen is for oxidative dyes as is the colour b4 so both will potentially just damage your hair for no more benefit than just washing lots. Maybe if your routine allows it wash with a SLS shampoo? They are notorious for removing direct dyes. And have your wash water as hot as you can stand it, that'll help too.
It really shouldn't take many washes!

I am a member on a haridye forum and one of their very helpful experienced ladies posted this ( I am pretty sure she is on this forum too!)

Shampoo
Anti-Dandruff, for example Head and Shoulders, Vosene.
Clarifying/Deep Cleansing, for example Tresemme or T-Gel.
Citris, fruit juices can strip colour very easily such as lemon juice.
Shower Gel.
Washing Up Liquid.
Hand Soap, for example Dawn.
Tea Tree Shampoo.
Scott Cornwal B4U Colour. NOTE THIS IS NOT COLOUR B4 BUT THE CLARIFYING SHAMPOO THEY DO!

Other Methods
Crush up some strong vitamin c tablets into a fine dust, mix with shampoo and lather into hair then leave in for 15-20minutes.
Swimming! The chlorine in the water can strip colour.
Spraying hair with hairspray then leaving it to dry and washing.
Covering hair in shaving foam, leave then rinse and shampoo. (as discovered by MoonFairy)
A teaspoon amount of baking soda with lots of warm water, mix until it disolves then rinse hair without scrubbing as this can aggrevate the scalp.
A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with lots of warm water, then rinse the hair.
Run a hot bath and fill it with bath salts then sit back, relax and soak your hair in the water.
Covering hair in warm olive/coconut/jojoba oil and leaving then washing out. (can vary fading)
Covering hair in coco milk, leaving for at least an hour and then rinse, shampoo and condition.

Remember all these methods are drying to the hair as you are opening the hair cuticle, letting the dye leak out so always condition lots.

Good Luck

Hey thanks!!! I'll try the shaving cream and then I'll follow up with dawn or dandruff shampoo, I think it should work :) Thanks!!!

BelleBot
May 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM
When I dyed my hair blue with Directions I managed to get it out in a few days with repeated shampooing, I used bog standard pantene I think, it seemed to strip it out fairly well. But we're talking about 20 shampooings in a few days, so get lathering and use lots of sulphate packed shampoo.