PDA

View Full Version : My hair suddenly has a diffrent part? What to do?

juliaxena
May 10th, 2012, 12:05 AM
My hair suddenly wants to part on the other side of the head. It is pretty insistent, though I do not understand it at all. It makes it hard to comb my hair back smooth into a bun. It seems to want to part as a prolongment of the cowlick I have at the back of my head. Could my hair be thinning? Should I just go with the flow?

Phexlyn
May 10th, 2012, 12:57 AM
Have you changed your sleeping position or nightly hairstyle? My part changes position depending on how I sleep.

I don't know what else could cause this, but I'd say don't freak out, just keep an eye on it and try to work with it as good as you can. Cowlicks can be annoying, I know, but unless you notice thinning I don't see anything bad in this.

juliaxena
May 10th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I did not change my sleeping position that I know of. This is so strange. Dad noticed it too and he does not notice stuff.

Amber_Maiden
May 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
My part changes all the time- I just let my hair do what it wants. Easier that way.

juliaxena
May 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
It is just that I would need to trim a part of my hair for almost 2 inches and I'd have a layer on one side of the head if I do this...if I won't be able to prevent this so be it, it just feels strange this would happen all over sudden....

lapushka
May 10th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Can't you gently coax it to the other (regular) side? I get that it wants to part somewhere else, but can't you change the part?

juliaxena
May 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I can when it is down, when it is up, it is doing a two parts thing though and it kind of looks like I am missing hair there, since the actual part is really defined. I have to pull it back too tight for my liking to "hide it".

Chetanlaiho
May 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
My hair recently decided to make a weird kind of part on the edge of top and side of my head? It's rather odd and it shows up when I put it up. I wonder if it's similar to what you have? It's a very straight line from front to back.

I'm confused because my hair has never shown much preference regarding parts, it could be coaxed into almost any part =/