PDA

View Full Version : George Michael

thor610
May 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Hello all,
It has been a long time since I have been on this forum. Still have my long hair and rereading the book Secrets of Long Hair by George Michael. Rereading that book has made me curious as to the whereabouts of George Michael these days or even if he is still living. I have tried in vain to find anything on the internet about him. A search of his name brings up the singer from "Wham". Even if I include qualifiers I can not find anything about the long hair guru.
Does anyone know?
Thank you,
Robin

Madora
May 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hello all,
It has been a long time since I have been on this forum. Still have my long hair and rereading the book Secrets of Long Hair by George Michael. Rereading that book has made me curious as to the whereabouts of George Michael these days or even if he is still living. I have tried in vain to find anything on the internet about him. A search of his name brings up the singer from "Wham". Even if I include qualifiers I can not find anything about the long hair guru.
Does anyone know?
Thank you,
Robin

Alas, Dr. Michael passed away a few years ago. However, his original salon, now known as Madora Long Hair Heaven, is still doing business on Madison Avenue in NYC.

There are at least 2 other salons in the US that use his methods, and a few in Europe also.

I have fond memories of visiting his NYC salon and having the full treatment done on my hair. They really know their apples and treat hair with respect...whether you've got shoulder length hair or floor length tresses.

I've been following the GM principles for over 40 years. Dr. Michael was one of a kind..and he LOVED long hair!

thor610
May 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Thank you for answering my thread. Do you know where he is buried or anything else? I would like to put his memorial up on findagrave.com.

AnnaJamila
May 10th, 2012, 10:13 AM
He had some really fabulous advice- I've been trying to get a hand on his book but thus far have only found second hand tid bits.