PDA

View Full Version : I'm new - glad to be here!

Javadandy
March 15th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Howdy everyone from central Iowa! :)
I used to lurk, then joined right before the board went down. I must say, I am glad it's back! I am growing my hair out after having it butchered by the local talent. I now have a new hairdresser who is helping me grow it out and learning about henna with me. I have henna'd twice, and I love that my hair is growing really well. I am 43 and a thyroid patient, and until I was 36 I couldn't grow my hair past the middle of my back -ever. Since my diagnosis, my hair has grown to my waist, then I met with a disastrous trim and had to start all over again. It's currently about 2 inches above the small of my back. My goal is to see how long it will grow. I am hoping for the length to reach my thighs, with a nice clean edge. I love all the collective knowledge of this forum and it's good to be here.:cloud9:

Marian

AJoifulNoise
March 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Welcome to the LHC, Marian! It's good to have you here. I'm glad you've found a stylist that's willing to work with you. That's like finding a rare gem.

Hope to see you around! :)

Xandergrammy
March 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Welcome, javadandy!! I'm glad you decided to join!

Javadandy
March 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I just need to find an avatar. Hmmm. I will be working on this.

Javadandy
March 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM
As you can see - I got one....:)