PDA

View Full Version : Summer Oil

jennescence
May 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I started using coconut oil in November but discontinued use in March because my hair always felt crunchy with it. Well I started using coconut oil in my hair again this week and no crunchies !!! I used it as a deep treatment two days in a row and my hair has never been in better shape! My thoinking, is that since coconut oil solidifies in cold maybe it was solidifying in my hair and making it feel crunchy. So I suppose this is my new summer oil.

On a side note I started using Baby Oil in my hair and I absolutely LOVE it.

3azza
May 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
yes it makes sense. I only use it in the summer too, mainly because it solidifies in the bottle when its cold so i don't bother to get it out, and because i mostly oil in the summer before swimming. It just smells like summer to me.

EmmaDStrange
May 9th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Sounds like it could be true, I have however used coconut oil all winter without too much crunchiness. :S
But, tbh, I don't use much and only put on wet hair, so maybe that helps dilute it.

JDzWife
May 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I had the same problem. Using the coconut oil in winter makes my hair dry and crunchy, but does wonders for my hair in the warmer months! During the winter, though, I found argon oil to be very favorable.

Arashi
May 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Isn't that such a pain? I always find that something that works in winter for me will not work in summer and vice versa, and of course it's never the same things that work in winter and the same things that work in summer each year, it's always something different! I guess it's fun to find something that works after experimenting with it, though.

My most recent experiments with coconut oil on my hair have not been favorable, but I may try it again now..