PDA

View Full Version : just retyped my hair!

red-again
May 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I have thought for years my hair was a 1a/1b. I stumbled across Fia's Hair Type Classifier years ago.
Today however, I CO my hair and just left it to dry and it is most certainly a 1b/1c but more leaning to a 1c.
I need to re-CO my hair later though for final confirmation as now it is dry some of the coconut oil I put in my hair is still in there and my hair just looks lank so maybe I will be a 1c pushing a 2a later!
I will report back!
(the above is prob not the slightest bit interesting to anyone else but you will be estatic compared to my husband when I try and explain to him later!:confused:)

amanda_the_tall
May 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
i thought the same thing, my hair ended up a 2a/2b! i'm hoping it'll end up a 2c with co washing. my friend even asked me if i had gotten a perm, it was so different.

Fantak
May 9th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I always thought I was a 1c borderline 1b and now after bleaching/oiling/time it's a definite 2a!!!

Very odd 0.o

mzBANGBANG
May 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Happened to me, too! After giving up heat, my hair has definitely developed some body. Amazing how it all changes.

Phexlyn
May 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Ah, the wonders of CO. I wish my scalp could stand this, I'm at least a solic 1c if I CO. When I was still on 'cones, I used to be a 1a.

I hope COing works for you and you like your "new" hair texture :)