PDA

View Full Version : Dark ends ombre hair?

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Hey all! Does anyone have ombre that starts light at the roots and goes dark at the ends?

I'm going to do a little growing out with just henna (not hendigo) and I'm actually pretty excited for this look to happen (the ombre effect): very light strawberry brown (from blonette) down to the pic you see in my avatar. I know typically ombre goes dark to light, but not always. But I see far fewer of this type.

I'd love to see anyone who has this effect going on, whether due to growing out or on purpose.

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
p.s. Oh ha ha, I just noticed the "Star Wars" on the box in the foreground of my siggie is backward. It was all purely by accident, not trying to advertise what geeks we are around here. :p (That room has the best natural lighting.)

prettyhairisred
May 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I think it'll look just great. It can look a bit more artificial but as long as its not platinum blonde and jet black (sadly quite a few girls rock that "trend" on their layers) I'm sure it will look beautiful (: your ends might fade a bit if you died them brown. I found that my dark blonde hair would NOT hold on to color :/ good luck and post pictures!

Ashlbee
May 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I think most people do it the other way because their natural color is on top and the bleach is at the bottom, like how a grow out would go, so no upkeep. I think what you plan to do will look really cool! Just keep in mind that once it grows out you will have three colors, dark-light-dark, so the maintenance will be more.

Valfreyja
May 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I've seen people with darker ends but I think that's possibly been around a lot longer than the bleached ends look, which is why one might not see it advertised as much. I think it'll look fab, especially once it grows out and looks more blended, but henna demarcation is never that noticeable anyway.

Ashlbee
May 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Unless of course your hair is already light and you are dying the tips darker. Sorry, hadn't thought of that when when I posted!

amanda_the_tall
May 8th, 2012, 06:32 PM
mine was like that, before i went over it with this horrible semi permanent dye. now it's crazy colored :D

Nvorontsova
May 8th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Yes, I do have that reversed ombre look. My natural colour is a dark ash blonde (which is what im growing out). My hair past somewhere between eye and ear level is my natural colour with faded henna (tried removing with colour oops...) which then goes into a gingery colour from previously bleached hair. I am planning on chopping my almost waist length hair to somewhere around APL to have virgin (+hennaed) hair. I will also dye the faded red with beet as it is suppose to stain a purple red, which I think will suit my cool colouring better. I am planning on doing the big chop + colour this friday/saturday and I will post pics of the before and after. I think the reversed ombre is so beautiful! And much gentler to your hair than bleaching the most fragile part of your hair, your ends. :)

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks, everyone! My natural color is blonette (very dark very ashy blonde to very very light ashy brown) so it will all be lighter than the part you see in my avatar. That's the part I think I may henna strawberry.

I may actually just "golden" that part up with cassia and chamomile and see how I like it. :)

But either way, it will be lighter on top, darker on the bottom.

xoxophelia
May 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'll see if I can find some pics that show it for you..

Ok..
A wecam shot but shows how it goes from golden to a brown with red tones:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6404&pictureid=95460

Right after cassia which darkens up my hair and makes the difference less noticable:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6404&pictureid=125912

I think this is one of the only pictures that shows my "true" natural hair color on top because it was without flash or bright lighting (ps-sorry it is so big but I don't know how to resize it...)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6404&pictureid=127072

Tia2010
May 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM
If I stop dying my hair it would have the Ombre effect. I veggie dye it a dark chocolate color every few months or so, but my natural roots are a auburn-ish red color (mixed with a few grays ;)) As the color is fading I can see the difference ( The dark color holds more to old dye at the ends of my hair and my roots fade back to natural)

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
xoxophelia...I LOVE IT. I am stoked now. :)

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Tia, what veggie dye do you use?

xoxophelia
May 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
xoxophelia...I LOVE IT. I am stoked now. :)

Thanks :).. I never really think about my hair as being ombre though. You just have to be really patient so that the demarcation line starts to stagger a bit.

Nedertane
May 8th, 2012, 07:55 PM
My older sister has this, but I don't know if it has to do with the fact that she dyes her hair.

Tia2010
May 8th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Tia, what veggie dye do you use?

I tried Manic Panic in Raven- it was my first attempt so there were a few missed spots, luckily it faded rather quickly so no big deal. I would love manic panic to make a great dark brown because the Raven was a little stark on me. I have no idea if I could maybe mix a few MP colors to get a nice dark brown -not sure if I have the nerve to mix them up and try that :)

Then I used Color Jamz in a dark Purple color. Couldn't see it at all! :shrug: but it smelled good :)

Then I found Via (not sure if it's considered a veggie dye but its not damaging-no peroxide, ammonia or other baddies) I used Dark Brown and a little Mahogany mix and got a very pretty dark chocolate with a touch of red brown.

jacqueline101
May 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I'm not sure if its ombre hair but it looks neat.

Leisje
May 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I have craaazy ombre hair from growing out black dye, then henna, and to my natural blonde.

There are pics in my album.

I think the starting point is an annoying stage, but once the hair gets long enough to look like more than just a big stripe of roots it ends up looking pretty cool.

coffinhert
May 8th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I actually have been doing this intentionally lately, cool to see a thread on it. My hair is medium brown. I dye my roots with half cassia, half henna to get a little red, and then I hendigo the length for dark red, and indigo the tips for jet black. I love it!

BeckyAH
May 8th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I tried Manic Panic in Raven- it was my first attempt so there were a few missed spots, luckily it faded rather quickly so no big deal. I would love manic panic to make a great dark brown because the Raven was a little stark on me. I have no idea if I could maybe mix a few MP colors to get a nice dark brown -not sure if I have the nerve to mix them up and try that :)

Then I used Color Jamz in a dark Purple color. Couldn't see it at all! :shrug: but it smelled good :)

Then I found Via (not sure if it's considered a veggie dye but its not damaging-no peroxide, ammonia or other baddies) I used Dark Brown and a little Mahogany mix and got a very pretty dark chocolate with a touch of red brown.

Purple + Orange = Brown.