PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?!

SakuraGirl
May 8th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Ok, so I know that I have always had a random bit of blonde in my hair - its the reason I started dying my hair...
I normally have my hair up in a bun most of the time and the blonde is in my crown, its not normally noticeable. Id almost forgotten about its existence tbh. I had almost fooled myself into thinking it wasn't as bad as I thought it was and that it was only a shade or 2 lighter that the rest of my hair...

However, a friend commented on it today - not being nasty - but she mentioned that its quite obvious now. I have been dye free since last july and have had 5 inches of growth since then. I took a picture of what I could see and my goodness, I swear is was never this blonde before or that there was this much.
I can safely say that the blonde has come back... WITH A VENGEANCE.

I have 2 choices. Learn to love it and live with it or go back to dying it...

I am really fighting the urge to dye my hair as it looks so damn silly. BUT. I dont to damage my hair with chemicals anymore. Semi permanent hair dye worked for a while but it fades to a red colour that I dont like... I like being a brunette. So I dont want to use henna. And I am really nervous of going down the henndigo route as I know its super permanent and what if I dont like the colour it goes? I mean its not like picking a box with a shade on!

SIGH.
Heres a few pictures of my silly silly hair.
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/ailhatredle/IMAG0504.jpg
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/ailhatredle/IMAG0510.jpg

Tota
May 8th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Learn to love it! It's unique and special and I think it looks cute.

afu
May 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM
wow, that really is unique - i think you should embrace it :D

Amanah
May 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I agree, embrace it, I bet you can work it into certain hair styles that would make the color mix a point of interest.

Nenyath
May 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM
For all it's worth, I love it!

Valfreyja
May 8th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ha! I have the exact same thing. I use henna and it turns it ginger whereas the rest is a darker auburn. There is much to like about it: it's unique; it's pretty; it gives your hair dimension as opposed to a flat look.

Anyway, it's at the back of your head, so best ignore it?

shutterpillar
May 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I love it, and I am quite jealous!

Tota
May 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
And it will look amazing when you reach your goal length!

UpNorth
May 8th, 2012, 02:43 PM
WOW, that looks really cool!

TheMechaGinger
May 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
It's gorgeous! I have a blonde chunk like that in my hair only it's at my nape. I'd love to have it on top like that though, it looks so cool :]

GlassWidow
May 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
do you know how much people pay to have that done to their hair, and it happens naturally for you? ;)

MonicaJean
May 8th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I would be thrilled to find something so unique and fun in my hair! I think you should go with it. It's likely that it will look really neat and people will admire it, especially once they ask and you tell them it's natural. It would work into a braid so wonderfully, too.

Macaroni
May 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
That's amazing, enjoy it, it's very distinctive.

ArienEllariel
May 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Honestly that's really cool looking. I'd keep it :)

pepperminttea
May 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I think it's really pretty, and something a bit different. :) I'd embrace it.

MinderMutsig
May 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM
It doesn't look silly at all. Streaks are fierce!

Amber_Maiden
May 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I like it! Don't do anything to it!

lapushka
May 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM
do you know how much people pay to have that done to their hair, and it happens naturally for you? ;)

This. ^^ I'd leave it be. I think it looks awesome. Very unique.

torrilin
May 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
All my blondest bits are at the hairline. A lot of people with ashy blonde or brown hair have a *lot* of hair color variation going on. It means you never have to worry about French or Dutch braids disappearing, or about losing the effect of the rope braids for a rose bun :). Intricate details show up really well.

And yeah, I totally sympathize with wanting uniform hair color. I am most prone to dyeing my hair around about October or November so the highlights stop being so vivid and the color is more properly wintery. If I make it through autumn without dye tho, I'm usually happy with my hair color fairly shortly after.

PrairieRose
May 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I think it looks very pretty and unique too!

Annibelle
May 8th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I LOVE it! :cheese:

All my blondest bits are at the hairline. A lot of people with ashy blonde or brown hair have a *lot* of hair color variation going on. It means you never have to worry about French or Dutch braids disappearing, or about losing the effect of the rope braids for a rose bun :). Intricate details show up really well.

This is so true! Except for a similar streak I have on my nape, my hair is all one uniform color. I've found that intricate styles don't look special at all on me because you can't see anything but a blob of uniform color!!!

Your hair is pretty! Of course, you can dye it if you want to, but I think it looks great. :)

long&blonde
May 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I agree with learn to love it:so unique & beautiful!

Angela_Rose
May 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Ooh, pretty.

I have a very very small blonde streak emanating from a scar northwest of my right ear. It's nothing compared to yours but I think variations of hair color are pretty neat. Go for the natural streak!

dwell_in_safety
May 8th, 2012, 04:03 PM
That's so pretty! I love it. I bet it's especially beautiful when worked into updos. I know that I LOVE intricately braiding my GF's hair; it has bleached streaks in it right now that she's growing out, and paired with her brown hair they look just gorgeous in braids. I say keep it!

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Holy moley OP, that is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Oh please keep it.

Kosmos
May 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Gosh, I think that blonde area is absolutely awesome looking. Do what makes you happy though.

Blueneko
May 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
It's very awesomely Rogue. :)

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
If you look at the first picture of this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93414) thread you can see that the natural two toned effect can look really, really cool. People dye their hair to accomplish what you have naturally. Rock it:cool:

earthnut
May 8th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I love it, and I am quite jealous!
Agree! Some people damage their hair to get that streaky blond look.

Carissamarie08
May 8th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I like it also!

soniqui
May 8th, 2012, 06:15 PM
It looks like you've dyed that part on purpose and it looks really cool. You can learn to love it!

RisaMoe
May 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I love it. It think it looks really cool and I hope you embrace it. :)

Len602
May 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I've definitely known some people who have had scars or birthmarks on their scalp that have resulted in similar color variation. My guess would be that's what you've got going on too. Also, while it is totally up to you to decide what to do with your hair, I agree with everyone else on the thread that it looks pretty cool :)

meishkamooshka
May 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Oh that's so coooooool!

Maelyssa
May 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
It actually looks like you intentionally did it. I've seen many many trendy salon looks like this. It's very unique in a good way. I say continue to rock it as is.

fayeelizibeth
May 8th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Another vote for "That looks so cool!"

I bet it looks awesome in a braid.

;)

Silverbrumby
May 8th, 2012, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=SakuraGirl;2115008]Ok, so I know that I have always had a random bit of blonde in my hair - its the reason I started dying my hair...
I normally have my hair up in a bun most of the time and the blonde is in my crown, its not normally noticeable. Id almost forgotten about its existence tbh. I had almost fooled myself into thinking it wasn't as bad as I thought it was and that it was only a shade or 2 lighter that the rest of my hair...

Love it! I'm cultivating a silver patch at my hairline. I love the natural streaked look

jacqueline101
May 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I like it I'd learn to love it.

Schrei777
May 8th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Keep it Keep it! It looks beautiful. I know how you feel though I have a crazy pure white chunk in almost the same spot, except it takes up 1/3 of my head. I always have my hair dyed crazy colors but If i were to grow it out it would be to show off my hair oddity. You should to :).

Mrs.Witherup
May 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I have a hunk of naturally pigment free hair in the back under some other hair that I wish was on top! I say embrace it!!

Crysania
May 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
you could try Lush henna ( the brown one ) its not as permanent as the pure stuff and the colour is rich and nice

one application should be enough! and if you dont like it, which i doubt, it can safely be removed with the colourb4 products.

HintOfMint
May 8th, 2012, 09:10 PM
That's really awesome! And I'm sure it will look even cooler in a braid (I love multi-tonal hair or highlighted hair in a braid, you can see all the details)

Safira
May 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Thatīs so cool!! It looks awesome and more stunning when your hair is longer. Just embrase it, itīs like a signature.

PurplePenguin
May 9th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I think it looks pimp as all get out, two tone hair is in style right now (or so Cosmopolitan says) and a lot of women would kill for the cool look you have. Embrace and love it girly.

DancingQueen
May 9th, 2012, 12:25 AM
I have a small chunk of blonde hair underneath my hair, it mostly shows up when I braid my hair. I say learn to love it, it makes the hair much more interesting to look at :)

AnqeIicDemise
May 9th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I pay a ton of cash for a similar, if not more unnatural look. JEALOUS!

SakuraGirl
May 9th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Oh my goodness!

I am totally overwhelmed by the wonderful kindness you guys have replied with in so many responses!!!

I am truly grateful, I really thought that it looks horrible and i have done for years.
Your replies have given me the confidence to keep growing out the old semi-permanent dye. I will be able to hold my head up high when people question me about it instead of redoing my hairstyle so you cant see it. Thank you everybody :)

For those of you that are interested to see how the growing out goes and what it ends up looking like, I will make an album of pictures (once the uploading thingy is fixed). Just add me as a friend if you want to see :)

Secondly, does anybody know of a kind way to remove the semi permanent dye that has stained the bottom half of my hair? I think it would be easier to grow it out if the was less of a line.

SnowWhite
May 9th, 2012, 03:40 AM
WOW I wish I had some blonde hairs!

newbeginning
May 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
I think it's unique and you should leave it too.

MasCat
May 9th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Rock that unique hair colour :) It's very pretty :D

Fantak
May 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Yay! I'm so glad you decided to grow it out O really think it would look gorgeous with long hair :) :)

Corticarte
May 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
i think its looks cute :)

Jing
May 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
People pay to get two different colours on their hair, you know. Don't just embrace it, be proud of your awesomeness! I have the same thing going on, but not as much and not in as obvious a place. I love it! I'm blonde at the very bottom of the back of my head, so it only shows when I wear high updos, and I have streaks along my temples that are not quite blonde (well, there are proper blonde strands in there) but lighter than the rest of my hair. Those only show when I pull my hair straigth back so they lie across my darker hair.

Charybdis
May 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Secondly, does anybody know of a kind way to remove the semi permanent dye that has stained the bottom half of my hair? I think it would be easier to grow it out if the was less of a line.

I think you can use Colour B4 or Color Oops (depending on what country you're in) to help get rid of semi-permanent dye. I'm glad you're embracing your natural color variation! It looks good.

PixieKitten
May 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I can see that looking gorgeous in a braid, I love two-toned braids! =D

LissaJane
May 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I think it looks so cool :)
Tres unique, I wish I had something like that going on with my hair

heidi w.
May 9th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Of course it's noticeable. It's what you've got. Look, a lot of people with fairly long hair show a myriad of tone colors throughout the length. Take me for example. Some years back I used to have white strips of hair down the front, and now it's coming in with a little gray at the temples. So what! Hair that's down there on me, at calf, is significantly lighter than the hair that is closer to my head. I began life as a tow-head, completely white hair, then had a black strip down the center for quite some time looking as though the roots were showing from a bad dye job done long ago. Hair color can change throughout time. Our color does not remain the same. Ask any woman who's had a child. Hair can really change color in the wake, sometimes a bit of change regarding texture, and on it goes.

It's no biggie if you have some blonde hair. Make it fun. My hair up is lighter than my crown hair. Big deal. I don't fret about it, and I recommend the same to you. No need to hide or feel embarassed. Your hair is simply being itself.

I certainly wouldn't dye it.
heidi w.

palaeoqueen
May 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I think it looks cool, I'd love to see how it looks in a braid.

Micayla47
May 10th, 2012, 07:02 AM
it's barely noticeable and both colors are really pretty. :p

BrightEyes
May 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I think it looks cool:)