PDA

View Full Version : How are you wearing your hair today?

leenybeenz
May 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm wearing a half-ass bun /: can't wait til my hair is long like a lot of you ladies so I can do fun stuff with it! :D

FoxyRoxy13
May 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I have a french braid today, I didn't have much time to do anything else this morning ^_^

leenybeenz
May 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Still sounds pretty!

onlyforhim
May 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I had it braided with parandi bun :) but now I am wearing my hair down.

kallarina
May 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Ooh, I'm wearing a topknot. It's my fave. It feels so high fashion... in such a lazy way.
;)

door72067
May 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know if it's a "nautilus" or a "cinnabun" (coz they look alike to me) with a single wooden stick

Shield31
May 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM
DW did a great braid for me last night. This morning I washed and conditioned as usual. Hopefully, :magic: by tomorrow, it will be dry and I can take it out to see a load a fabulous waves.

EmmaDStrange
May 8th, 2012, 01:52 PM
A high ponytail today for me (I know, naughty me!) but it was ever so greasy this morning and I had no time to braid it, let alone a shower. I added a little braid to it half way through the day when I caught a minute though! But now, I finally got that shower and its down and drying. :)

Tabihito
May 8th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Down and wurly. It's a rare thing for me, and it's not too windy outside.

PrincessIdril
May 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Currently it's in a normal plait, as I've just taken down my hair. I was wearing it in LaDollyVita33's Grecian Halo Crown Braid.
I want to wear that style to a ball I'm attending in the next couple of weeks so I'm practising it!

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is the style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMXBKzVS3cQ

Tealpuffin
May 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Down and wurly. It's a rare thing for me, and it's not too windy outside.

Same! :D x

katiejune
May 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I made two pigtail braids and then pinned them up to my head in a swirly fashion. First time I've ever done this. All you inspired me to change it up!! My husband commented on my hair this morning "ooh pretty, like a princess" and he never comments on my hair when it is up. So thank you all!! :)

whitebengal
May 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Two French braids that become one braid. Then i used some hairsticks to bun it :D

Laur
May 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
In a french twist with a ficcare knock-off clip. Tonight is wash night, so I'm a little greasy!

meishkamooshka
May 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I just took a shower and washed it, so it's hanging loose to air dry, wooooot!

RedStripe
May 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I was wearing a Chinese bun, but when I got ready to redo it after I came back from the gym, my hair tie broke and I didn't have another one. So I just did a regular bun held together by my hairstick.

Hosta
May 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I am wearing my first french roll for 30 years with a little curly pony on top. Sounds silly, but I got lots of compliments today. I am growing out at pixie and I am finally at 15 inches. I can't wait until I can do all of the fun styles I see here. I originally wanted to stop at BSL but now I think I will see how long my hair will grow.

Blueneko
May 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ponytail. :)

nerdymomma
May 8th, 2012, 05:43 PM
:mad: The horrible mean stuff is stabbed to the back of my head with hairsticks. The evil fringe is pinned back with bobby pins. It has been a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair day for me. It's been years since I used hairsticks and the learning curve is greater than I though it would be. I have a ton of new growth, so I have a frizzy halo. Right on top of my head there is a coarse, wiry hair about 2.5 inches long. It is black at the tip and white at the roots and it is standing straight up. I finally had to pin my bangs over it to MAKE IT STOP. :taz:

AdaClare
May 8th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Mine's up in a cinnabun. :)

meishkamooshka
May 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I made two pigtail braids and then pinned them up to my head in a swirly fashion. First time I've ever done this. All you inspired me to change it up!! My husband commented on my hair this morning "ooh pretty, like a princess" and he never comments on my hair when it is up. So thank you all!! :)

I'd love to see a picture! :D

jacqueline101
May 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I'm sporting a high pony tail.

katiejune
May 9th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I'd love to see a picture! :D

*Apologies in advance if these photos turn out too large... I'm learning*

Sorry I couldn't get a good photo of it yesterday, but I tried:
http://tinypic.com/r/20ixb91/6 (http://tinypic.com/r/wwm595/6)
http://i45.tinypic.com/20ixb91.jpg

Today I made a pony tail, braided it, then wrapped it and pinned it. I tried to take a photo, but it is really hard to take photos of the back of my head.
http://tinypic.com/r/33xvuj9/6

http://i48.tinypic.com/33xvuj9.jpg

millyaulait
May 9th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Ooooo I love your ponytail braid, katiejune! :0

I'm wearing my hair down for the first time in foreeeeever.

Trying to get my hair to dry faster, I don't think bunning it wet helps.

hellucy
May 9th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Half up ponytail added to low ponytail then flicked upwards & claw clipped into place. My new favourite easy daily do, it works really well to keep all my layers up and the ends protected.

Sisgoldenhair65
May 9th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Dutch accent braids with a low sock bun. Debuting this at work for the first time....hope I get good reviews. Lol

MegaMystery
May 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Lazy wrap bun with a large flexi8 :)

rock007junkie
May 9th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Left it loose. Had pretty good waves this morning

Covet
May 9th, 2012, 06:45 AM
It's squished by a hat today, haven't had time to spend on myself shudder:

Phexlyn
May 9th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Still in a cinnabun because I had to look polished and that's the easiest way for me. I'll change into something more fun later :D

Corticarte
May 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
today a had it down, but the other night i made a high bun, so today my hair was a bit wavy

RedBlue
May 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I have my hair in a low bun, held together by small spin pins and hair pins. It was humid earlier, and then it rained, so I felt happy that I decided to put my hair up! I usually wear it down!

meishkamooshka
May 9th, 2012, 06:29 PM
A low pony, because I am super lazy, and it's hotter than a jalapeno here!

Kittykins
May 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM
It is loose at the moment and I will put it in a sock bun later.

Fortresca
May 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
French Pinless with Woodartjuwelry fork

Phexlyn
May 10th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Something along the lines of a French Twist held up with a fake Ficcare ;)

Sweetie
May 10th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Today fully rolled sock bun on top of my head! very nice, I got some compliments, too....

hellucy
May 10th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Gibson tuck held in place with a hair stick (where I would normally put a small claw clip I poked the stick through twisted it 180degrees then flipped over & pushed through). It's the only way I can use hair sticks as my hair is still too short else.

Laur
May 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM
The same way I wear my hair everyday... In an updo so I can take over the world! (cinnabun)

faellen
May 10th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Just twisted it into a low bun and pinned my fringe out of the way. Had to use dry shampoo as it is so greasy but I didn't want to wash it today.

afu
May 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
In a gibraltar bun held with a short DPN, nice and secure

Mayflower
May 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
In my very first (succesful) fishtail plait! It's very messy and frizzy and not tight enough, but I'm still pleased with myself. ;)

okiesarah
May 10th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I tried doing the Heidi braid thing, but I couldn't get them to stay and finding a place to tuck the ends was difficult. So instead I turned them into two low braided buns.

cuties
May 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
After a couple of months of putting my hair in updo's, I'm back to loose hair or ponytails. I do alter them and also alter the ponytail place. But I was wondering if there is wear your hair down a month challenge, I could sign up for it :)
I don't know why I don't feel like wearing my hair up anymore. My hair is an inch past APL. Anyway, I'm wearing it in a ponytail today.

heidi w.
May 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
It's in my usual daily updo, being held up by a hair stick (which I demonstrated in my only youtube video that I made a couple months back). I've been thinking more about now that I have the time creating beautiful updos for daily hairstyles and pull out all those pretty decorations I have for inserting into hair, small clips, antique hair combs, and stuff like that...ribbons..... The weather is still a bit under, and not fully warm every day. There's a lot of breeziness, so I think I'll continue to wait a bit. I don't want stuff flying out of my hair. These winds actually take my hair out of the updo. It's a real problem.

heidi w.

catamonica
May 11th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I wear my hair in a braided bun. I am only going to wear it down once a month. Then maybe when I do wear it down, it will have grown a little more.

battles
May 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Up in a scrunchie bun on top of my head. I'm going to sleep soon.

ClassicalBlonde
May 11th, 2012, 11:50 PM
In my very first peacock twist held with a 60th street fork. I'm not sure if it actually resembles a peacock twist though as it's pretty messy :p

ladylowtide
May 12th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Half up in my purple heart fork.

Fortresca
May 12th, 2012, 12:53 AM
LWB with stick right now and for shopping, but I'll change hairtoy later for cleaning

Phexlyn
May 12th, 2012, 01:41 AM
In my very first peacock twist held with a 60th street fork. I'm not sure if it actually resembles a peacock twist though as it's pretty messy :p
Sounds like a peacock twist to me, the messyness is part of the fun :D

I'm wearing a vertical Lazy Wrap Bun, but I'm sure it's going to fall out sooner or later. I just washed my hair and it's so slippery!

hellucy
May 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Down at the moment but I'll be putting it up in a peacock twist held with my new zig-zag claw clip.

afu
May 12th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Mine's still in a french rope braid from sleeping, i'll leave it in until i have to go out to stop me messing with my hair. It't too messy to leave the house though!

millyaulait
May 12th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Same as yesterday - stick topknot.

I think I'm in a rut.... :-c

Johanna
May 12th, 2012, 04:40 AM
I had my hair in a figure 8 bun all day, no hair escaped either! It was one of the smoothest buns I've made. Ah bliss!

Mayflower
May 12th, 2012, 04:50 AM
In a very crappy ponytail with a lot of bumps and pieces sticking out.

omgitssarah
May 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Down and wavy/curly, with the left side clipped up/back above my ear with a purple butterfly claw clip (it didn't want to stay tucked behind my ear).

RiotPrrl
May 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Today I had it in a sort of lazy french twist, pinned into place with my Ficcare. It works well with my length (halfway to APL!).

terylenerose
May 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
In a cinnabun held with the only matching pair of chopsticks I can find right now, and the bits on the sides clipped and pinned in place.

Jessibear2854
May 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm being bad and wearing a ponytail;)

anime_length
May 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
two rope braids... I look like I'm 12... which is actually kind of nice. lol

Wildcat Diva
May 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Wore it up all day, in a fork to go to work for a while, then a ponytail to do laundry and clean house because that was more comfy. It's full of coconut oil, so I look like a greaseball. I took it down just now.

RisaMoe
May 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Yardwork today, so I did a 4 strand braid.

Phexlyn
May 13th, 2012, 03:01 AM
In a sockbun! :)