PDA

View Full Version : Long hair inspiration for TB and beyond! [pic heavy]

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon a user on deviantart who makes and collects pictures of long hair. It's not one of those super creepy image collections either. Anyway, here are a few examples. I will list the link below because there are literally pages and pages of pics. Anyway, these pics below made me consider resetting my final goal from TB to knee.

And here's the link to the rest of the pictures.

<removed inappropriate pictures/links>

Ishje
May 8th, 2012, 04:05 AM
wow, that is an impressive collection! and like you said, not in a creepy way :)

Carissamarie08
May 8th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Wow nice!!!

jojo
May 8th, 2012, 04:22 AM
the second one is my favorite, as her isnt super thick but looks beautiful, well they all do! but gives me hope that even thinner hair can and does look beautiful at extreme lengths. Thanks for sharing!

Neneka
May 8th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Awesome! Pictures like these always make me think about stretching my goals beyond BSL...

Loreley
May 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the link! :D I have downloaded a couple of pics to expand my own collection. ;)

morrigan*
May 8th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Thank you, this is wonderful (another artist to ad on DA watch list :D)

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 08:34 AM
You're welcome :) I'm always looking for inspiration pics and this was a pretty big find which I couldn't keep from you guys :D

Phexlyn
May 8th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for sharing, that's quite an impressive collection! I wonder if the photographer asked the people in the street shots for their permission, though.

But I absolutely love this one, she would make a stunning Arielle (http://verylonghairspace.deviantart.com/art/Very-long-curly-hair-288899473?q=gallery%3Averylonghairspace%2F35460935&qo=163http://) (don't know whether that's all her real hair, but it looks great anyway):

ArienEllariel
May 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
first pic- I want her hair!! :agape: So pretty! The color is great too!

leilasahhar
May 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
pretty..thanks:)

Avital88
May 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
oh the envyyy.. haha all positive of course..
Theyre all so beautiful and makes me want to grow out my hair more

GabrielleRose
May 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I love all the pictures! They sure are inspirational. They make me want to grow longer as well, for now my goal is waist length.

Thanks for the inspirational photos!

Amber_Maiden
May 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Love the pictures! I want the hair of the girl with the ponytail! I wish my hair was straight... ah well!

PrairieRose
May 8th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing! I love them, I really like the picture of the girl with the ponytail:)

onlyforhim
May 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
They all have beautiful hair.
I am not sure my hair can go that long. Well to me all the girls on this forum were an inspiration

heidi w.
May 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
You're welcome :) I'm always looking for inspiration pics and this was a pretty big find which I couldn't keep from you guys :D

If you'd like inspiration from real people that we know with long hair, for the men, there's Trolleypup, Dave D., Ed G. (all of whom are members here)....

and for the women there's Lady Godiva (hardly ever here anymore, but her profile might still exist at LHC); on Floor Length Hair Club 2 (FLHC2) there's JJJ and Lady Grace. Lady Grace is only at FLHC2.

Here at LHC there's Ladylonglocks, well, ahem me, Lady Godiva, and a number of other women who's names escape me that have lovely long tresses that will likely inspire you as well.

heidi w.

heidi w.
May 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Love the pictures! I want the hair of the girl with the ponytail! I wish my hair was straight... ah well!

No, you don't. Straight hair does nothing but be straight, all day, every day, month and year.

heidi w.

GardenGirl
May 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
oh. my. gosh! I want, I want, I want!! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can grow hair that long. I struggled to get it past BSL. But those pics sure are inspiring!! Thank you for sharing!

Jing
May 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The gallery is a bit intimidating, to be honest. >_> I don't think my mind is equipped to handle that much super long hair all at once. :p

Vasilissa
May 8th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Oh, my! Thank you so much for posting this! Those hair pictures are absolutely incredible! :blossom:

Valfreyja
May 8th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Cool! I wonder if there's a tumblr out there for long hair inspo?

pepperminttea
May 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I wonder if the photographer asked the people in the street shots for their permission, though.

This is what I'm wondering too, somewhat doubtfully. Their hair is beautiful, and the photos are inspiring, but I can't help thinking that these amazing longhairs have little to no idea their photo is plastered over the internet. :?

lapushka
May 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I wonder if the photographer asked the people in the street shots for their permission, though.

This. ^^

Their hair is beautiful, and the photos are inspiring, but I can't help thinking that these amazing longhairs have little to no idea their photo is plastered over the internet. :?

This. ^^

Also, some of these pictures look oddly... familiar.

pepperminttea
May 8th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Also, some of these pictures look oddly... familiar.

This one (http://verylonghairspace.deviantart.com/art/Very-long-hair-299799030?q=gallery&#37;3Averylonghairspace%2F35460935&qo=40) might be familiar from this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90621).

And this one (http://verylonghairspace.deviantart.com/art/Very-long-hair-282862126?q=gallery%3Averylonghairspace%2F35460935&qo=120)'s been on People of Walmart (I think there was a thread on it, but darned if I can find it).

holothuroidea
May 8th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I'm growing to "terminal" but I'll be happy if I reach waist! ;)

I love to see the diversity. So much pretty hair.

I do wonder whether these people gave permission for their pictures.

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I think he asked some, but not all. The girls whose faces are visible are all clearly posing, therefore they have consented to having their picture taken. Some girls pictured from the back look like they are waiting for a picture, but of course I cannot be sure.

But to be honest, if I had their hair and someone took a picture of it from the back and put it online, I would not have a problem with it at all. After all, it's not like my face is on there and I'm a pretty private person internet wise. I would have a problem with it if the owner of this account was secretly taking pictures of girls in bikini's on the beach and posting those online.

And for some perspective: if you're taking pictures while visiting a big city, there are bound to be people in it. You might want to post those online for your family and friends to enjoy too. So are you going to ask every single individual that appears in those pictures for permission? It's not realistic.

Stagecoach
May 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
But to be honest, if I had their hair and someone took a picture of it from the back and put it online, I would not have a problem with it at all. After all, it's not like my face is on there and I'm a pretty private person internet wise.

Not everyone feels this way. I recently had my first truly creepy hair experience where a guy was following me across a parking lot and I'm 99% certain taking pictures of my hair with his smartphone.

I found it very creepy and disturbing. I grow my hair for me, and it is just as rude to take secret pictures of it as to take a picture of my butt, or chest or anything else about me.

long&blonde
May 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I love the first one, carrying the bike helmet

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I recently had my first truly creepy hair experience where a guy was following me across a parking lot and I'm 99% certain taking pictures of my hair with his smartphone.

I found it very creepy and disturbing. I grow my hair for me, and it is just as rude to take secret pictures of it as to take a picture of my butt, or chest or anything else about me.

Sorry to hear about your experience, I can understand why that would be disturbing.

However, since we do not know how the person taking the pictures on the website went about taking them, why not drop the subject and just enjoy the pics for what they are instead of turning it into a debate on ethics. We have more than enough of those on LHC.

Maverick494
May 8th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Cool! I wonder if there's a tumblr out there for long hair inspo?

Yeah here are some tumblr hair inspiration accounts:

<removed inappropriate links>

Valfreyja
May 8th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah here are some tumblr hair inspiration accounts:

- All kinds of hair types (including long):
<removed inappropriate links>

Thank you! I love some of these. <3

nerdymomma
May 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Note to self - when my hair gets longer, ALWAYS wear it up in public. I think some of the shots are really lovely, and others are just creepy.

BeckyAH
May 8th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Note to self - when my hair gets longer, ALWAYS wear it up in public. I think some of the shots are really lovely, and others are just creepy.

Gotta agree. Things that look like cellphone shots of women on escalators and in grocery stores- Um. No. Sneak photography is legal, but I'm not sure I feel its ethical. Not that that means anyone has to agree with me, but. It makes me squirmy.

jacqueline101
May 8th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Their hair is great.

Phexlyn
May 10th, 2012, 07:37 AM
And for some perspective: if you're taking pictures while visiting a big city, there are bound to be people in it. You might want to post those online for your family and friends to enjoy too. So are you going to ask every single individual that appears in those pictures for permission? It's not realistic.
No, of course I don't. But I don't single out people to photograph and then just put them on the internet. And if I share files with friends, they are at least secured with a password so not everyone has access (I know that's not 100% secure, but at least it's some protection).