PDA

View Full Version : If you could a hair concoction out of any products, which would you choose?

thirstylocks
May 7th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I ask because I want to make one for my fairly course, wavy, frizzy hair. I have ordered argan oil and I plan on mixing it with castor oil (because argan oil is sooo expensive!) I might also add some vitamin E to it! I want it to be more like a leave-in serum and not just a bunch of oils in my hair but I don't know what else to add??

What products would you/do you choose?

Amber_Maiden
May 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I make an oil out of coconut oil, avocado oil, neem oil, and castor oil. Works good for me!

jacqueline101
May 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Some sware by mineral oil.

thirstylocks
May 7th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Do you find the oil mixtures to be too greasy? Can you just leave them in your hair and go about your daY?

Laylah
May 7th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Do you find the oil mixtures to be too greasy? Can you just leave them in your hair and go about your daY?
Nope. I oil my hair usually once a day and it all soaks up. No greasies. Usually I even comb through a little more oil or cream in the morning, just on the ends, and it works great. Then again, my hair is really dry, really thick and wurly so for most people, less oil is needed.

Neneka
May 8th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I would choose coconut oil (50%), jojoba oil (25%) and apricot kernel oil (25%). I think that would be the perfect mix for me. Actually, why havent I done that already?

bouclée
May 8th, 2012, 05:36 AM
You might add aloe vera gel to the oils, to add an hydrating effect. AVG is very good for taming frizz and defining curls.

Annibelle
May 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I use just a bit of coconut oil as a leave-in. :)

afu
May 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
im thinking of doing a coconut oil and aloe vera gel mix too, anyone tried this before? I usually apply one then the other so why not combine?

afu
May 8th, 2012, 06:30 AM
just whipped up a mixture of aloe vera gel and coconut oil (about 50:50), takes a bit of mixing (as expected when combining oil and water based), at the moment it looks a bit like tiny frog spawn but thats mixed enough for me. Coconut oil is liquid at the moment so not sure how seperated it will get when it cools. I'm going to experiment with this as a leave in so shall keep you updated

Sillage
May 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I love avocado oil for hair (and skin too!)

silverpiper
May 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I mix safflower with olive and some sunflower oil. Best combination I've tried.

LadyHazel
May 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I have a pure coconut oil and sweet almond oil mix, that gives a beautiful shine from the almond oil and moisturising impact from the coconut oil, I got mine pre-mixed for about £2 (3-4 dollars?) and I LOVE IT.
:D