PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how to grow 1B hair out, keep it healthy?

jessierose
May 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
my hair is 1b, anyone have tips? i love scalp massages and putting coconut in my hair before i go to bed, my hair is amazing with volume the next day! anyone got tips? =) i also take super b vitamins.

Neneka
May 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
I recommend the articles section. There is a lot of useful info. Everyones' hair is different and you propably have to try different things before you find the best way to take care of your hair. :)

UpNorth
May 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I have 1a/1b I think? maybe more like 1b actually i haven´t had any help to type it, but the difference cant be huge. I think it is a quite manageble type, but it depends on thickness etc. whats your ponytail circumference (well if you could wear it in a ponytail)?

What´s your goal? do you want it to be more wavy, have more volume?

hypersensitive
May 8th, 2012, 10:54 PM
i dont think i have to do anything in particular to care for 1b hair other than all the advice i gleamed from this forum. hmm although i admit i do have to fight the temptation to flat iron it so it looks like 1a (i gave my flat iron away so that takes care of that). otherwise, i find braid waves give me interesting texture, oiling looks great and emphasizes the straightness since our hair is already mostly straight, and id say go through the articles and newbie section (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=11) for great long hair care ideas in general. good luck!

GlennaGirl
May 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I find my 1b hair to be very "floaty" as it gets longer. So putting it up/back gets to be essential for everyday wear. :) Find some cute updos and keep your hair out of the way so it doesn't go everywhere and get caught or tugged on things.

Madora
May 9th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Your genetics will determine how long your hair will grow.

Helping it to grow long depends on many factors: healthy diet, water intake, exercise, and a LOT of patience.

How you care for your hair also helps..i.e. detangling with a wide tooth comb BEFORE combing.

Shampooing only when needed and using your fingers gently during the shampooing process.

Wearing your hair up helps to protect the delicate ends. You might also want to try using a silk pillowcase to protect your hair at night.

Keep your hair moisturized but don't overload it with stuff.

You can stretch washes by keeping your hair clean by brushing it with a pure bbb every day. The brush should be clean each time you use it.

Wash your comb and brush at least once a week.

Avoid blowfrying/hot curlers/irons/straighteners.

S and D regularly to keep split ends and white dots at bay. Be sure you use SHARP shears!

Trim when needed.