PDA

View Full Version : The scissor bugs are out!!

PinkyCat
May 7th, 2012, 11:51 AM
This spring's scissor bugs have hatched - and I think one has bitten me! Seems like a lot of people are getting bitten this year, and are having different reactions.

Thing is, I know if I trim now I'll regret it. Especially with my growth spurt. But the bite is sooooo .... itchy. :p

I want to be talked out of it. Anyone else who may have been bitten feel free to chime in for benign neglect encouragement and scissor bug bite support.

Pixie0763
May 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Resist the itch! Maybe you could try a new product, or treat yourself to a new hair toy?

Tia2010
May 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
I was all set to ask what a scissor bug was :confused:

But I got it now- LOL

DON'T DO IT! Your hair is beautiful and you will regret it!!! Just think how long it will be to get back what was taken off in a matter of minutes!!

DON'T DO IT, PINKYCAT!

(was that helpful? I can yell some more if needed :D)

PinkyCat
May 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
LOL
I LOVE ALL CAPS YELLING!!! :p

lapushka
May 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Join the no trimming thread, if you really want to challenge yourself and talk yourself out of it. :)

Avital88
May 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
just resist, set a date until after summer(think about all the nice summer growth!) and for now: LET IT GROW AND FLOWWW!

(i was bitten by a very large bug last night,i guess it also bit off 10cm of my ends:) )

mzBANGBANG
May 7th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Put your hair up! Do some styling with bobby pins to create a shorter looking hairdo. You can pin up multiple sections of hair to create a messy looking shorter style. Maybe a couple days doing this, you will miss your long hair :)

Tota
May 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
The only change I'm craving for is to have hair twice as long as I have now. Never heard of scissors that could do that ;)

DON'T DO IT! There's nothing as beautiful as long flowing hair in the summer. As long as it can be! :D

And if you really really "need" to, RESPECT the two week rule.

nobeltonya
May 7th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I've been trying to hide from them as well.. it's been 3 weeks since my last trim :O and it's almost time for another... but I had a 2 week stall, which has finally let up again.. so I need to wait a few weeks before I trim again.. if I can hide for that long. ;)

jojo
May 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
*attention Pinkycat.......step Away From The Scissors.......step Away From The Scissors!* :d

BeckyAH
May 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I didn't see this thread and just made a similar post. My hair is making me insane - it's wild, in an unattractive way, I don't remember the last good hairday I had (well, I do - because I took a picture of it), and I just - want to cut.

So, I'm delaying until 9-1. With luck, by then, the urge to shave my head will have gone away. Either way, I started a support and accountability thread. Hopefully that will get met hrough until AT LEAST September, and until the cutting urge has gone.

swearnsue
May 7th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Remember the two week rule! YOU MUST WAIT TWO WEEKS BEFORE CUTTING HAIR!

long&blonde
May 7th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I haven't trimmed in 4 or 5 years, Saturday I got bit, and went from low BCL, nearing classic, to long layers, just at waist.
I'm happy: but were I trying to avoid what happened w/me; stay clear of stylists you trust. If that's you: oh oh! Maybe turn a corner of your dresser mirror into a long hair inspiration board:with pictures of awe inspiring long hairs from magazines. When the scissors bug bit me; its bad! my stylists kid is now 21, last I was there for a cut;she was 16.

PinkyCat
May 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I didn't see this thread and just made a similar post. My hair is making me insane - it's wild, in an unattractive way, I don't remember the last good hairday I had (well, I do - because I took a picture of it), and I just - want to cut.

So, I'm delaying until 9-1. With luck, by then, the urge to shave my head will have gone away. Either way, I started a support and accountability thread. Hopefully that will get met hrough until AT LEAST September, and until the cutting urge has gone.

:cheer:You can do it! You can do it! :cheer:

DancingQueen
May 8th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I think I must have been bitten too, I have this irresistible urge to do something with my hair to make it look more interesting/wild/poofy/sexy, even bangs and layers. But remember the wo week rule: Wait two weeks before doing anything crazy! :scissors: :run:

Neneka
May 8th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I pictured little flying and snipping scissors with dragonfly wings in my mind. :D

Yep, two weeks rule and surely there is something new you could try.. Up dos', curls, parandi, etc...

Ravenwaves 88
May 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I must say.....I have had the urge to cut in the past but it's been really bothering me this time.

I am getting tired of always looking out for my hair. (Too close to the stove, move it before putting my arms on the couch under me, yelling at my DH and DD to get off, get OFF, GET OFF!!! Getting caught in the seat belt.......grrrr.)

I long for the days of wash and go, and wearing hair down more, being more active with less worry, not having to hide my hair because the length is just blah and friz or too oily to wear out.

It's been about a week. I'm thinking of going to the wig store today and actually seeing short hair on myself again. Also making a hair appt for August. That way it's far enough out to make a desicion to make my regular 6 month trim or chop it all off.

Anyone have any advice?

lapushka
May 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone have any advice?

Other than bun it, and try and wear it up more... no. :)

Ravenwaves 88
May 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Other than bun it, and try and wear it up more... no. :)

I wear it up everyday for work, I have to. The only time it looks good is right after I take it down.....when it's all twisted and wavy.

Maybe I should'nt wait so long to cut it. No point in having a summer cut in the fall right?

Amber_Maiden
May 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I feel your pain- have the itch as well.

To combat it I'm not looking at the ends of my hair and am putting my hair up in top knots!

noelgirl
May 10th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I knew it! The bugs are circling! I've instituted the two-week rule starting a few days ago, I have an event coming up and don't want to do anything drastic before that, but my ends are getting that not-so-fresh feeling - and I'm tempted to color it too.

Funny thing is, drastic is such a relative term - what I want to do still leaves me with what most people would call long brown hair. Just with a slightly different shade of brown and a slightly different cut. But it's a big deal to hairy people like us!

Macaroni
May 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Join the no trimming thread, if you really want to challenge yourself and talk yourself out of it. :)

Yes, and put it in your signature as I've done so you're totally committed.

Ravenwaves 88
May 14th, 2012, 04:06 AM
My hair cutting fever has subsiding. No cuts here!

Jesabel
May 14th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I've got the bug too I think! ever since I bought my hair scissors I'll look at my ends and think hmm I need a dusting. 1cm later.. not great for growth when I do this all the time :o oh well at least I got rid of some damage..