PDA

View Full Version : Tricks to Grow?

leenybeenz
May 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Any tricks that I do not know about on how to get hair to grow faster - I have done the trim, supplements (biotin/prenatal/or fish oil)... anything else? Really wanting my hair to be long for my wedding. mehhh ;(

BeckyAH
May 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately, the only thi g I know that is a sure fire way to get hair long is patience and time. Castor oil and monistat have thir followings, but. Mostly? It's a waiting game,

leenybeenz
May 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM
the waiting game is the worst ... ive been popping supplements like there is no tomorrow. ugh

spookyghost
May 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
the waiting game is the worst ... ive been popping supplements like there is no tomorrow. ugh

Ha-me too!:p

nobeltonya
May 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Nothing really makes it grow faster.. you can make it grow healthy. Healthy eating, scalp massages, being mindful of it, eliminating stress, drinking lots of water..

Avital88
May 7th, 2012, 10:32 AM
i agree its mostly patience,just dont give up and it will be long one day

Madora
May 7th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Patience, first and foremost!

Eating healthy, protecting the ends, using hair friendly products.

Staying away from harmful things: blow frying, straightening, hot irons/curlers.

Always detangling FIRST before combing.

S and D periodically to keep the damage at bay.

Wearing your hair up (if possible) to protect the delicate ends.

leenybeenz
May 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
give me your hair, it's so gorgeous!

leenybeenz
May 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM
give me your hair, it's so gorgeous! @avital88! and thank you everyone, good advice!

Madora
May 7th, 2012, 11:09 AM
give me your hair, it's so gorgeous!

I don't know if you meant me, leenybeenz..but if you did, thanks!:)

leenybeenz
May 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I don't know if you meant me, leenybeenz..but if you did, thanks!:)

yes, all of you! (:

jojo
May 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
whey protein has really jump started my growth!

leenybeenz
May 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM

explain? (: do you use the why powder for shakes/smoothies?

morrigan*
May 8th, 2012, 11:43 AM

I use that too and i stopped shedding so much.

onlyforhim
May 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Honestly just like everyone said, just patience and of course babying your hair.

My hair grows like weed this doesnt just include my hair but my eyebrows ...well everything! But when I started dying my hair and started straightening my hair almost 7 years ago, that's when my hair became thin... it grows grows a lot (cuz I could always ee my virgin hair vs. the dye)but it never seemed to grow longer than bra strap or mid back.
This time, I will let it grow..but not just randomly with lots of damage (I dunno what to do with the white dots but I have done a microtrim last motnh and will try to do on monthly basis)... I will let it grow healthy (inshalla)!
I haven't used dye for more than 10 months now. But this is my second month without using heat! sigh my hair is way better.
I don't know when I will hit hip length ...but I want to hit it with beautiful thick hair again...not a hair that becomes too thin at the ends (like mine now)

Good luck !! :) I love this forum
Excuse my english language

swearnsue
May 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Protein shakes are great. Just replace a meal with a shake every day or two. I love Spiru-Tein with spirulina, vanilla flavored.

Gogobaby
May 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Try FAST shampoo - some people swear by it. There are lots of YouTube review of it if you're unsure. It has the 5 main amino acids for growth. Scalp massage, cold water rinse, condition and oil ends so you can stop trimming (trims do not speed up growth, they just promote good ends). Amla Darbur Vatika is a good one... Exercise as much as possible and put protein into your body and all healthy things - dont diet, eat sensibly. Otherwise all my friends with super fast growing hair just say to forget about it and live your life smiling. I think they're right. In the meantime, see what styles are great for your hairlength And type and love being at this stage now :) gorgeous girls with super duper long hair can't flick it madly dancing in a nightclub without it hitting somebody :D lol. So have fun with it, but try as much as poss to protect and nourish it.

Blueneko
May 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Wow, jojo, your hair looks fabulous!

My only advice on tricks to grow fster is baby your hair, eat right, ignore it!

heidi w.
May 8th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Patience, first and foremost!

Eating healthy, protecting the ends, using hair friendly products.

Staying away from harmful things: blow frying, straightening, hot irons/curlers.

Always detangling FIRST before combing.

S and D periodically to keep the damage at bay.

Wearing your hair up (if possible) to protect the delicate ends.

Patience is the biggest factor in growing long hair. That and not cutting it. One idea is you might consider hair growth vitamins. I never had any success with them because the Vitamin A in these vitamins was too much for my system and stored in my fat, which then leached out in the form of itching from the inside out. But I know a couple of people, one in particular, one who swears by them, and she has amazing hair at what some would consider an advanced age, although she is by no means that old. She has very thick hair, slightly wavy, and absolutely amazing hair. I saw her when she had over 8 feet of length. I know she cut it back and is now growing it out again, and I think she's somewhere around classic or lower by now.

Nature's Plus Hair Vitamins..... here's a link:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&gs_mss=Ultra+Hair+vi&cp=19&gs_id=26&xhr=t&q=ultra+hair+vitamins&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=536&wrapid=tljp1336501371879038&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1216589051353620136&sa=X&ei=hGSpT_rEJIm-8ASa5rymAw&sqi=2&ved=0CMcBEPMCMAA#

These help by assisting with stemming the tide of hair loss, so more hair stays on your head, and not fall to the floor.

Good luck, and congratulations on your impending nuptials,
heidi w.

heidi w.
May 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM

For those who don't know, it's not why powder. It's whey powder. Whey is what remains after milk has been curdled and strained. It assists with the making of rennet which is out of casein when used in cheese. Lots of people like it very much. Use it in protein shakes for breakfast or a snack. It's easy to find out all you'd ever want to know about this online. It's all over the joint, and I think useful for those with gluten issues (for those who have problems digesting gluten).

heidi w.

jojo
May 9th, 2012, 04:33 AM

I use whey protein powder just once a day in water! theres a thread on here somewhere of others experiences with it.

yurikome
August 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
How about those stimulating scalp massages with oils and such - how much is too much? I do them before I wash my hair but I barely ever have to wash it so... I thought about doing them more often. How often would be too often? Should I let my scalp/roots rest a couple of days in between? Or is it an individual thing and I should go with trial and error?

MissPetite2010
August 13th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Balanced diet, with fruits and vegetables. I usually research what vegetables promote good hair growth. Exercise, plenty of sleep. Taking vitamins. Protect ends. Massage scalp for good blood circulation. And if possible, washing hair every other day or 2 days, depending on the work environment.

catamonica
August 13th, 2012, 10:51 PM
After years of my hair not growing, I tried Mane & tail horse shampoo. It grew to waist in 2010.
You can get it at wall mart or certain grocery stores.

Dang3rousB3auty
August 13th, 2012, 11:44 PM
How about those stimulating scalp massages with oils and such - how much is too much? I do them before I wash my hair but I barely ever have to wash it so... I thought about doing them more often. How often would be too often? Should I let my scalp/roots rest a couple of days in between? Or is it an individual thing and I should go with trial and error?

I like massaging my scalp everyday. I usually don't use oils unless I know I am showering the next day or right after. I don't think you can do it too often, but of course with everything you have to pay attention to how your scalp/hair reacts. If it doesn't seem to be irritating your scalp or immensely increasing shedding then massage once a day (or whenever you remember to).

EndlessSunshine
August 14th, 2012, 08:14 AM
My hair grows fastest when I am doing daily scalp massages. Also the eating lots of healthy veggies and fruit. I like to put grapeseed oil in my hair and on my scalp every few days because of the high vitamin E content.