PDA

View Full Version : Protein overload from..hair color?!

Hollyfire3
May 6th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has had this strange experience, its kinda funny. I colored my hair with profesional grade hair color and seperate developer from Sally's yesterday and upon rinsing or just getting it wet in general (I went in the pool today) it tangles and snarls and is angry as if I have used tons of protein, its heavy too. Upon remebering the color I used and the developed, I realized they BOTH had HIGH amounts of wheat protein so....beautiful new hair color (well redyed roots and touched up ends)+ some pretty heavy duty protein overload. It's temporary I'm sure, but for now, my hair is heavy (what else is new..alright heavier) when wet and tangly. I guess all of these proteins of various sorts added to color to try and make it less damaging (in at home color or specific brands of profesional color) are going to be a bit of an intresting experience for protein sensitive hair like mine. Anyone else ever had this happen?

amanda_the_tall
May 6th, 2012, 08:00 PM
i've never heard of a hair color having protein in it, but then again i don't examine the boxes i get at walmart. i like to be in denial of all the scary carcinogens in them, lol. all permanent hair colors have dried my hair out like crazy though, so i get the same snarly mess that you've described. i'd just load on the conditioners, it'd help with dryness and/or protein craze, at least it did the same time i used a dye.

Kelikea
May 6th, 2012, 08:04 PM
The one and only time I ever used a permanent color on my hair, it turned out dry and split like crazy. Never again. The best solution would be to moisturize and trim the damage.