PDA

View Full Version : What type of Roobios Tea?

my2cats1
May 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I would like to start drinking Roobios Tea for the potential hair benefits, but now that I'm shopping for it I'm confused -- I've seen it as both red tea and green tea. :confused:

What Roobios is the best for hair? Please drop brand names if you have a favorite. :eyebrows:

spookyghost
May 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I just bought it today and I only found red rooibos. I have it on my head right now and I have to admit that I'm pretty nervous. I dont want my hair stained or tinted red at all so hopefully that wont happen. I read in the beginning of the rooibus thread that it didnt stain anyones hair so Im hoping thats true.

I hope this post goes thru. I have been having problems all night with posting. I tried posting on the rooibus thread and it didnt go thru. I hate when that happens!

Vanilla
May 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I've been drinking the red roobios tea on and off for a few years. I particularly like the republic of tea's good hope vanilla. It's great hot or iced.

I never noticed extra hair growth from it. I just really love the taste.

Gilly
May 7th, 2012, 02:30 AM
It's usually called Redbush or Rooibos, I buy it with either of those names easily from any of my local supermarkets.
It just says that on the box!

Yosha
May 7th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Mine is an organic local brand. You have to read the labels to check the ingredients. A lot of rooibos seems to have cinnamon or other things added, and I don't like the taste of anything added to my rooibos. The green tea rooibos could be a mix of green tea and rooibos or something.

florenonite
May 7th, 2012, 06:42 AM
For your hair you want plain rooibos or redbush tea and, yes, it's red. I think the green stuff is a mixture of green tea with rooibos tea.

spookyghost
May 7th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Update: It did not stain my hair!:D I bought 100% pure red rooibus. I put some on my part and crown and massaged in a little. Then I put my hair in a high pony, doing the sock bun thing, and sprayed it on my scalp and up my head and length a little. I did the sock bun and when I took the bun out this morning it was curl overload!:lol: I mean holy cow:p Loved it!

Pretty sure it was the tea that gave me so much curl. I only did two things different. The tea being one of them and the other was that I already had a little bit of fructis gel in my hair already and I added just a little bit more in my pony to hold the curl. Thats all I did different. Maybe a combination of them both-I dont know. But amazing curls and soft hair. Im impressed and hooked!