PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Bath

PennyLaneDream
May 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I've wanted to go a bit lighter for awhile now and I've finally decided to do a bleach bath but I'm fairly clueless when it comes to bleach. I've used a bleach highlighting kit for highlights before but thats about it. For people with bleach experience: Is there a certain type of bleach that I should use? I have blonette hair that lightens pretty easily (though sometimes goes brassy) what strength developer should I use and how long should I leave the bleach bath on? I really only want to go a shade or two lighter.

Aeltt
May 6th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'd say don't go higher than 20% vol bleach.
I find this tutorial (http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=995.0) useful, they say to check every five minutes to be sure you don't over bleach your hair.

PennyLaneDream
May 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks! that tutorial is very helpful. Is 20% the same thing as 20 volume?

Aeltt
May 7th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Ah yes, sorry i meant 20 volume.

TLHC is a wonderful forum but bleach is not very popular here :P Check the whole bleach section on the hairdyeforum.com forum if you want more information, they know their stuff.
But don't forget to share before/after pictures with us :D

PennyLaneDream
May 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah I thought about that after I posted although I know there are a few ladies here with lovely long and healthy hair who use bleach. I'll definitely check out that other forum :)

sfgirl
May 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I've only done bleach baths to get some pink out of my hair for a job. (That pink lasted like3 months! It's too bad I can't find it anywhere anymore. :( ) So I don't really know about lightening.