PDA

View Full Version : Do you still feel like your hair is short?

CheekAllison
May 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I've been growing my hair out for about six or seven years now (with a few minor cuts and trims) and even though my hair touches the waistband of my jeans, it still seems short to me. Is anyone else like this?

I feel so vain because of this. My mom's hair is like 2 inches long and she's nagging me to cut it. I still feel like it's short...

Anywhere
May 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Yes. My hair only felt long when it was one length, thick (pre-anemia) and BSL+. I'd say it was almost waist.

I've been to BCL and I'm at hip now, and it still feels short to me.

LaserOctopus
May 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Yes!

Mine's just at BSL after the last trim, I feel like it's so painfully short and it's barely worth trying to so something with it. Part of that, I think, is that it's become so thin with age and abuse. The roots are slowly getting thicker with the changes I've made since finding this place, but still...

Even though it's a lot longer than almost everyone I interact with on a daily basis, it still feels very short.

Laylah
May 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
My hair starts to feel long when it hits my hips because that's when the ends start to brush on me - before that, they hang in the air so I can't feel it. When I cut my hair to waist length a while ago it felt short because I couldn't feel my ends LOL.

DragonLady
May 5th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Yes; mine is at my knee, and it still seems short.

I keep promising myself that one day I will have long hair. But I'm really beginning to wonder just what those words mean. ;)

CocoBean
May 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
At almost BSL, I still feel like I have hundreds of inches to go before it really feels like it's long. Actually, it's the longest it's been since I was a kid, so I need to give myself some credit. I have a goal to let it go as long as it will grow, but I'm also enjoying the process. I like being unique for my age, where most women my age wear it much shorter.

IndigoAsh
May 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I totally understand what you mean! My hair is at the bottom of my butt and it STILL feels short. It's frustrating but much more common than it feels like.

Mesmerise
May 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Hehe I will be sooo disappointed if I reach hip and it still feels short lol. Of course it feels short NOW because I cut off so much :( it sort of needed it... but then again... it still looks bad... just short and bad!! (It's not quite BSL now).

misspriss
May 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Yes, but only because a year and a half ago it was at waist, now it's APL and feeling quite short.

Although I am starting to notice "long hair-ness" when I do stuff with it now, and it's great. Curly works so much better on it, I can do updos, it's great

When it was waist, it felt long. That's how I knew when to stop growing.

Lostsoule77
May 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
The funny thing is before I found this place I felt like my hair was long. Now that I'm here I no longer feel that way. My hair is longer than 99% of the people I know IRL so that was enough for me. Then I found this wonderful place and see all these amazing heads of hair and want to be just like them. Now my hair is longer than it ever has been and it feels like it's almost long, but not quite. I've been here over a year, with my hair getting longer the whole time, and I've felt that way the whole time! It's weird the way our mind plays these tricks on us. ;)

PixxieStix
May 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Only. Every. Single. Day. :D

It is however, the longest it has been in about eight years, so while I feel it is super short still (almost to APL), I can take some small comfort in the fact that I'm making progress. Three more years or so and I'll have my goal length hair! I should be busy enough this next year that with wearing it up almost every day BSL should creep up on me all sneaky like and maybe then I'll start to feel like a long hair again!

Sakuracha
May 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Yes, all the time even though I'm at hip length. I just want it to grow so much longer! Patience, I know but I'm also growing out layers and bangs and that'll take awhile before I gain more length.

Micayla47
May 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
i agree with everyone. it never feels long enough. it's kinda like losing weight -- it's never enough. i feel fat if i'm 10 lbs underweight or 10 lbs overweight or 40 lbs overweight. it's all the same in my mind:confused:

jeanniet
May 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I don't feel like it's short, but I sure don't feel like it's long, either!

luxepiggy
May 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Nope, it definitely feels long now - it keeps getting caught on the back flap buttons of my jeans (>(oo)<)`

DragonLady
May 6th, 2012, 01:15 AM
I just console myself with thinking "it will never be this short again" and go on growing. :D

Part of my perception comes from the fact my goal has been ankle for years, but after years of it stalling at midback I gave up. Only after being led here did I start learning what was happening and start growing again. Now, I'm so impatient because I had already waited so very, very long.

juliaxena
May 6th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Mine simply feels BSL. I am strange aren't I?

pepperminttea
May 6th, 2012, 01:32 AM
No, but it did until I was nearly at hip length (and my hip measurement was quite low, too). It's crazy how much this place can warp our perspective. ;)

melusine963
May 6th, 2012, 06:05 AM
The funny thing is before I found this place I felt like my hair was long. Now that I'm here I no longer feel that way.
Same here. I recently found some pictures taken about a year after I started properly growing my hair out. My hair was not even waist length, but it was still longer than almost anyone else's I knew. Of course it was also a damaged mess, but I felt a real sense of achievement then.

Kittyxx
May 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I always find myself envying someones nice longish hair and then realize that mine is actually longer lol
I still feel like my hair's short and it always surprises me at the salon when they compliment me on my 'long' hair [around bsl]

freckles
May 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
No, not usually, not anymore. But that's fairly recent. After joining LHC, it felt short all the time pretty much 'till waist, and at that point it started SOMETIMES feeling short, sometimes feeling long. As it's grown, its felt long more of the time and short less of the time. Since a couple inches ago (I'm just coming up on tailbone now), it feels long almost all of the time. Right now, it only feels short when: a) it's in a braid over my shoulder (feels SUPER short then!), or b) I've just trimmed (even a teeny tiny trim).

hototogisu
May 6th, 2012, 06:45 AM
My mid back hair (somewhere between BSL and waist) feels disappointingly short to me now, even though it's the longest it's been since I was a kid. Long to me would be waist.

hototogisu
May 6th, 2012, 06:46 AM
http://meganlwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/jemima-kirke.jpg

Now that I think about it, I don't think I'll be happy until I have Jemima Kirke's hair.

millyaulait
May 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Yep! But I'm only APL, so it *is* pretty short.

I have a feeling it won't feel long until waaaay past BSL! :-)

Jessy22284
May 6th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Yes, and I think since joining LHC, I feel like my hair is shorter, because everyone else's hair is longer :( but that's just in my head. My hair is actually probably longer than the average in my area even though it's only BSL. And my layers and fringe have gotten significantly longer since joining LHC even though my length isn't growing much (since my S&D last month :()

I'm pretty sure it's mostly in my head, because I'm thinking about long hair and how much I want it to grow - and WHY WON't IT DAMNIT!??

Jessy22284
May 6th, 2012, 07:29 AM
http://meganlwood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/jemima-kirke.jpg

Now that I think about it, I don't think I'll be happy until I have Jemima Kirke's hair.

that's gorgeous :thud: I would like that, thanks!

juliaxena
May 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I am going to correct myselft. My hair in fact feels long. I have redefined my goal from BSL to waist (more like half way in between those in fact) but not because my hair doesn't feel long, but because when I look at it now, I can see it could hide some of my love rolls (handles) on the back and some business in the front with that lenght.

ETA: While it does not feel short, it does feel thin. My updos are tiny. Some more lenght will help with that too.

Avital88
May 6th, 2012, 07:35 AM
yes i do, i am still waiting for the day that it will feel long..

bte
May 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Always. In my profile you'll see that instead of the exact current length I have put never quite enuff (because enough is too long a word to include), but I never feel my hair is long enough, and I think a lot of people feel the same way.

But waistband is a great achievement. Don't listen to your mom. I never did.

hairconvictions
May 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Before I joined LHC, I felt like my hair was think and longish. Now I feel like it is short and thin. This humors me considering most of my friends have waist length hair or longer and I never felt this way around them. You guys are intimidating I guess! :P

Impulsive
May 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Even though my longest layers are hitting tailbone, and everyone around me keeps telling me I have long hair, I just can't help but feel that my hair is still short. Luckily, I'm o.k. with that.

yummie
May 6th, 2012, 10:43 PM
i agree with everyone. it never feels long enough. it's kinda like losing weight -- it's never enough. i feel fat if i'm 10 lbs underweight or 10 lbs overweight or 40 lbs overweight. it's all the same in my mind:confused:

I feel the same! With the hair and weight thing.. I guess it's just all in our heads.. Sometimes looking at a recent picture will show how you really look like versus what you think you look like -__-

Carissamarie08
May 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Once my hair hits right under the boob it will start to feel long to me... About 2 inches away!

PinkyCat
May 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
My goodness its crazy! I have the longest hair of anyone I know. When someone describes me they always mention the *really* long hair. But to me - I still have a long way to go!

We all have Hair Dysmorphic Disorder (HDD)!!

Mayflower
May 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM
It's really weird but sometimes I get surprised at how long my hair is, and at other times it feels like I've been stuck at this length forever (which is in fact the case because I've been maintaining at waist for more than 6 months) and it feels sooo short. Yesterday though, I was deep conditioning it at the sink, and when I looked in the mirror my hair reached my bellybutton when wet!! That's like my big goal! But I still have a few inches to go so all the layers can catch up when it's dry.

Everybody around me keeps telling me how long my hair is, even my guy-friends. Maybe I should wear my hair up in a bun or ponytail for a few months like I did last year, it was a real shock for everyone (including myself) to see how long it had became when I wore it down again. :D

LHC really has messed up my normal view of what long hair is.

shutterpillar
May 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Mine is just about to BSL and I still view it as short. Perhaps that's because I log in here and see all the long beautiful hair everyday. lol.

I don't think I will ever see it as long until it gets around waist length.

Becky9679
May 7th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I have the occasional day where I realise that actually yeah my hair is getting kinda long again but most of the time I don't feel that way and get surprised if other people comment on it being 'really long'. I feel like telling them they should see some of the ladies on here!

dwell_in_safety
May 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I want to say I do, and in reality I guess that's true, but I'm really not so sure. A few days I noticed I'm finally definitively at BSL, and while my ultimate goal may end up being classic or even longer, I'm just so happy to be gaining length (relatively quickly, too) that I'm really starting to appreciate where my hair is every month as something unique and beautiful in itself. This may be the last time my hair is ever this short; I should cherish it! Or something like that. Plus, it is fun right now to play with in the mirror, bending to the side and watching it go to waist while still having the ability to stand up straight again and bam, it's back to a little past the tops of my boobs. lol. I like it.

spookyghost
May 7th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I thought I had long hair until I joined this site!:lol: Oh and since I've been doing the sock bun too;) My longest layer is two inches, give or take, above bsl. But boy is that short when you put your hair in a high pony to do the sock bun! I was worried it wouldnt even work, but it does. I keep on thinking of how nice my curls will look when my hair is longer-I cant wait!

fayeelizibeth
May 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM
My hair is almost BSL, and it's growing at a decent clip (thanks to vitamins, biotin, fish oil or egg washing? I don't know what's doing it, but I'm gonna keep doing it! :p ).

It feels long if I take it down in front of people who haven't really seen it since I've started growing it (I keep it up most of the time, I wear it down maybe once a week or less). But at home, in the mirror, it's short to me...or braiding it at night, it really strikes me as short.

I keep thinking I'll feel like it's long when I am able to do more things with it. I'm very eager to get to do a nautilus bun!

In high school, my hair was mid-back length, maybe just a bit above waist, but I didn't do that on purpose, it was mostly laziness on my part :o. I think when I get it that long again, this time on purpose (10 years later :p) that I will call it long.

kallarina
May 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I changed my hair goal a zillion times before even finding this site. Because as it kept growing, it kept not being enough!
My longest layer is tailbone, but the bulk of my hair is hip. That SOUNDS like it should feel long, but it just doesn't!
My goal now is classic, no layers. Perhaps it will finally feel long then.

Amber_Maiden
May 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yes. I had hip length hair before I cut it 4 years ago, and now I'm back at hip- but it feels shorter for some reason... O I'm growing it longer. Hopefully at classic it will finally feel long.

NJoy
May 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm at hip but my hair feels bsl. I think this is because I don't wear my hair down and last remember being impressed when I hit bsl (which was the longest I'd ever been). My goal is TB and then I plan to cut back to BCL. I sure hope that's enough for me.

onlyforhim
May 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
The funny thing is before I found this place I felt like my hair was long. Now that I'm here I no longer feel that way. My hair is longer than 99% of the people I know IRL so that was enough for me. Then I found this wonderful place and see all these amazing heads of hair and want to be just like them. Now my hair is longer than it ever has been and it feels like it's almost long, but not quite. I've been here over a year, with my hair getting longer the whole time, and I've felt that way the whole time! It's weird the way our mind plays these tricks on us. ;)

yup! I totally agree. Even here ..where I live the most common length is from shoulder length to let me say Mid back or even Bra strap. I never really thought my hair was long and I my belief was stronger when I foudn this site. Now I say anything till bra strap is short, from bra to waist is medium, and longer than wasit or hip is long! and I want long.

But to answer the question yes I feel my hair is short and tha fact that I don't have a blunt hemline makes me really think I still have short hair. If the thickness ever moves down then I will believe my hair is long hhh...

or when it is longer than hip with blunt hemline....:)

darklyndsea
May 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Of course I still fell like my hair is short! my hair still is short

heidi w.
May 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I definitely feel as though my hair is short, especially when around other long-haired people. You see, my hair looks pretty impressive because I am short, but really I have fairly short length given a party of long haired folks. Everyone is taller than me, and therefore, their hair is longer. But my hair is nearly as long as I am tall.

But to me, it's short.
heidi w.

lilliemer
May 9th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Oh yes. And it is. I am growing out layers so it's mostly APL with some longer bits in the back, but I still feel like I have very short (chin or shoulder length hair). I have never had my hair this long (mostly due to an unfortunate tendency to listen to my mother who HATES long hair), and it is weird to get feedback that it is in fact longer than ever. The last time I got my hair cut I could feel where the hairstylist was working - down around my shoulder blades - and it didn't feel like it was my hair at all!

The short feeling is augmented by the fact that I can't do many styles with it. (I did not realize until joining this site that the thickness of your hair influences the mechanics of updos and braids, I could not figure out why other people with hair the same length as mine could do certain styles that I cannot. I just thought I was hair-incompetent.)

Arashi
May 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
My hair feels short in comparison to all the incredible heads of hair here, but in general it doesn't feel short any longer at BSL. I wouldn't call it long, either, but perhaps "medium".

mzBANGBANG
May 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM
My hair feels short even when I meet my measured out body markers. I have 2-3 inches until waist and it feels like it needs 8 more. The only time my hair ever feels long to me is when I take a picture with the camera over my head to get the top angle. Then, it looks more like only 2-3 inches to go, maybe even less.

Laur
May 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
My hair definitely feels short, still sometimes to the point of startling me, even 6 months post cut. But it felt short at hip too, because it was do thin at the ends. I have average length hair for this area now, so it definitely doesn't feel long.

Kizuna
May 9th, 2012, 02:40 PM
My hair feels really long! I've never had this long hair before and when I was a kid it was mostly cut short cause I got tons of tangles in it when I slept. I love that my hair keeps growing longer and longer and I'm wonderinf how long it can get and when I'll want to stop saving it. I did not have any goals before joining LHC, but now I do. :) I still don't feel short though, most people here have "medium" long hair and BSL is long here. :)

DancingQueen
May 9th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I have been growing my hair out forever, and it feels like I am getting absolutely nowhere! I am still looking forward to the day I am happy with it.

catamonica
May 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM
My hair is at hip. Maybe 2-3 inches above tailbone. It does not feel long enough. If it can grow
long enough to sit on, then it will feel long enough.

Kitsu
May 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
yes its short too short lol I want bum skimming hair not almost waist length. it doesn't help that I have a high waist

lilliemer
May 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah and I forgot to add that the curls don't help with the "short" feeling...Sighs...

jacqueline101
May 9th, 2012, 09:19 PM
My hair is heading towards bra strap length yes mine feels short especially on its extra curly days.

ladylowtide
May 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
My hair feels short. More so when it was APL, I used to feel really unfeminine and short when I was around longer haired ladies. Now thought I remind myself that my hair is longer than most girls where I live, so surely it can't be that short.

morrigan*
May 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Mine is about waist, but when walking around it always looks shorter, kind of MBL.
It feels so short.

joflakes
May 10th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Yes! I have been growing out for the last year now and even though I have had haircuts in the past on purpose that were shorter, this feels so short now!

sparrowswing
May 10th, 2012, 01:51 AM
No, my hair feels long to me. Then again, people where I grew up consider "long" hair to be shoulder-length or longer, and anything beyond the bra-strap to be abnormally long. So I've kind of always felt like I had long hair. Even when I'd get it cut to APL and complain about how short it felt, I still felt that it was long-ish.

Of course, it's still shorter than I'd like it to be.

juliaxena
May 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Allow me to make a little joke, should the board be named short hair community? :D Ladies, your hair is long!!!

Sisgoldenhair65
May 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
YES....my hair feels short. Uuuugh!! It will not feel long till it touches my thighs and that's like....forever. :(

Amarante
July 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM
My hair has just lately (the past few weeks) started to feel long, at just past waist-length. I can feel it brush my bottom when I dip my head back, and I'm beginning to wear it down a lot less frequently because it gets caught on stuff like my purse strap, the car door, etc.

catamonica
July 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Don't cut your hair. It took me years to get to waist. I'm now at hip. Unless I can get my hair long enough to sit on, it will feel short.

spirals
July 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I felt like I had longish hair until I joined this forum! Now I won't feel like it's long until the shortest part of the hem's at hip when it's curly.

Ligeia_13
July 9th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I have been growing my hair out forever, and it feels like I am getting absolutely nowhere! I am still looking forward to the day I am happy with it.

Haha me too. 9 years to be exact. It feels short now because it has been longer, but I'm pretty confident that when it reaches waist FINALLY, I will b satisfied.

HappyHair87
July 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I think my hair will always feel short due to shrinkage...until i straighten it:(

I'm almost BSL and in my mind i still feel like i'm at SL! (stretched)

barely.there
July 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
this is the longest and healthiest my hair has been since.....ever? it was about this long when i was 16, but i didn't know how to care for it. honestly it seems a lot thicker now than it does then.

and its still too dang short!!!!!!

minxe
July 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
My hair's the longest it's ever been and I still feel like it's incredibly short! :(

IndigoOptimist
July 9th, 2012, 08:27 AM
My boss came up to me the other day and told me I need to tie my hair up at work because it's got too long... I have had hair much longer than this so I was just like ''wtf, how is it long!?!?!''. I don't know if it's because I'm used to coming here and seeing people with lovely waist length hair (and longer), but I was so confused by his reaction to my hair being down he he :)

Demi-Plum
July 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I know the feeling exactly. My hair is approx TB length for me and my mother just gave me a 1" trim and I literally notice how short it took it. Now I feel like my hair is at waste length instead of TB length. I'm at my wits end on how to change that feeling. It needed the trip, I realize that, but it still bothers me horribly!

Ticky
July 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Not anymore.

Shepherdess
July 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Well, even though I have thigh length, I still feel like it's short. I always think to myself "ankle length is much longer" :redgrin:

Zesty
July 9th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I was just thinking about this the other day... Yes, I am another longhair whose perception has been irrevocably warped by the LHC. Despite being at hip, with the ends of my hair brushing the bands on my pants and skirts, it still doesn't feel long. I'm hoping maybe when it's touching my butt when dry it'll start to feel long? If not I may have to pursue classic, and DBF will probably go on strike. :p

Jesabel
July 9th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Yup! I'm very close to waist (which was my original goal) and it feels so short to me! I've already extended my goal twice - in between WL and hip, and now hip - and now I'm toying with the idea of tailbone :0 lhc does distort length perception haha. Will this cycle ever end? :p

catamonica
July 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Those that are at knee, tha'ts long. Bu I guess it wouldn't feel long enough, until your hair hits
ankle.

neko_kawaii
July 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Just at hip and while yes it is long, is isn't all THAT long. I expect it will feel that way the longer it gets unless it hits a magical, "OMG it's too long!" spot, if that ever happens.

Lady Neeva
July 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
In contrast, my hair feels too long.

Amapola
July 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
According to my neighbor, my hair is "ridiculously long". :D

According to me, I just started growing it out. :D :D :D

So far anyway, my hair does not seem any different than it ever has. It is not more in my way, or cause me any problems. I can see that if it gets much longer it might, but so far it just feels "normal" and I never considered my hair long, before this.

Funny how people can see the same thing so differently.

Dandelion6
July 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Very close to my immediate goal of waist and yup, still feeling too short!

jojo
July 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Once my hair hits right under the boob it will start to feel long to me... About 2 inches away!

Ha ha! I used to say that, now it's hip I say once it's bum length........!

I blame this forum for corrupting us! Long is anything other than short:p and even if we don't feel long, the quality of what we have counts!

Silverbrumby
July 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yes. It feels too short.

kitcatsmeow
July 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
yep. Still at BSL and still feels short since this is about average length for me. I agree with below boob length and feeling long.

QMacrocarpa
July 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I guess it's just as well I don't look at photos around here much. I find my hair a satisfying length, not that I plan to stop right here at BSL+, but I don't really yearn for longer hair, nor do I think of my hair as short. My current length seems fine. Aside from steering clear of lots of photos of hair longer than I could grow (curly, split-prone, and S&D-allergic here), and finding some other online communities to visit, so hair isn't too much in my thoughts, I think part of it is having a good variety of easy updos that I can do and that I like (thanks, LHC!). I put it up and don't think about it much, but it's there if I feel like playing with it once in a while or occasionally wearing it partly down for fun, or if DH feels like brushing it.

Knotted
July 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I thought when it got to BSL it would feel long, but now it doesn't...maybe it'll feel longer at waist...or hip...

Tisiloves
July 9th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, because my sense of proprioception still tells me it's at waist, so I keep moving it out of the way of obstacles (like my belt and bra clasp) which it's nowhere near and into the way of obstacles it is (my bra straps).

mckellyn
July 9th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, because my hair *is* short!! It's just now at shoulder... I envy all of you BSLs, mid-backers, and especially you waisters (my GOAL!!!)

Just know that even if your hair feels short to you, it still looks Loooooooong and beautiful to the rest of us : )

AspenSong
July 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I don't feel like mine is that long at all. I thought I would once it passed waist length, but it's now right at my bum crack and I still don't feel it's that long really. Maybe when/if I get to classic....

moltabella
July 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Yes.

Even thought I just reached a landmark (APL from SL) It's in layers and I have side bangs, so it's hard to feel like it's long.

I think i'll feel like it's long when I hit BSL.

IvanaGil
July 9th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Yes. I am right in between tailbone and classic, and I won't feel it's long until mid-thigh :(

robanna
July 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I didn't classify my hair as "long" until I hit waist length.

Amygirl8
July 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I want my hair to be able to cover my entire back, so it still feels really short to me.
I'm aiming for BCL.

Amygirl8
July 9th, 2012, 07:34 PM
I didn't classify my hair as "long" until I hit waist length.

You have really pretty hair!

gthlvrmx
July 9th, 2012, 07:41 PM
According to my neighbor, my hair is "ridiculously long". :D

According to me, I just started growing it out. :D :D :D

i love this XD thats hilarious, im with you on that!

most folks say my hair is pretty long already when i take it down(which is rare) but to me, its not long enough. im barely starting to get the feeling that its getting "long" because i hit a new mark but. still not good enough. get back to me when my hair hits TBL when dry XD

robanna
July 9th, 2012, 07:44 PM
You have really pretty hair!

Unfortunately it"s not mine! My hair is the very similar except its a much darker blonde. I've been too lazy to take a picture of my own hair. :p

RileyJane
July 9th, 2012, 09:08 PM
All the time! ik this time last year i would have gave anything for my hair to be at the length it is,but right now it feels uber short :( oh well, time will fix that:p

MestizoGypsy
July 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I felt like I yearned for BSL forever, and that was the goal length I'd told everyone. Even though everyone tells me how long it is, I'm not gonna be satisfied til I hit waist length, and would be very happy if it touched my belly button, at whatever length that would make it.

joflakes
July 10th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Yes. But mine is only almost SL! However, if you'd told me a year ago when I had a pixie I would've called it long, haha!

Charlottie
July 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
NOPE. and it won't be "long" to me until I reach at least ass-length.

airmid
July 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Mine is just slightly past BSL... and it feels super short. Especially since BSL seems to have come into fashion all of a sudden in my city (my DBF says it's "blue car syndrome", that I'm only noticing the long hair now that I have "long" hair myself, haha). Gotta remind myself that it isn't a competition! :)

ozzy
July 10th, 2012, 06:18 PM
the longest my hair has ever been was hip, and I didn't consider it long then, other people did. now apl my hair is short, I think once I hit bsl it will get better and better.

Jenw777
July 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm at hip, and although it's long in most scenarios, I really don't FEEL that it's long yet.

Oksana
July 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I am at the stage where other people are starting to comment on how long my hair is and occasionally I will look at a picture and think that it is starting to look long, but, the majority of the time I feel it is way too short and when I look in the mirror it still looks short.

I really hope that once I reach 33" with a nice hemline and grown out layers it feels long because I don't think I could have it any longer for practical reasons! :shrug:

NoRush
July 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I used to think my hair wasn't long enough when it was waist long... now after years of layers and a major chop (19/20" at the moment) I think what I felt was that my hair never had enough substance, as of now I'm little past shoulder but my hair is thick and full and heavy and just NICE :bounce: and to me it feels a lot longer than it is, especially with braids, i can only do a few turns from the nape, much like when I had APL last time, only then my tassle was long and thin and now it's stubby :p

I'm so in love with my hair lately that I feel any length is long enough from here on. Of course that doesn't mean I'm going to stop growing :D

FrannyG
July 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I don't feel that my hair is short. I do think it's long. It's been a while, but I do remember what genuinely short hair felt like.

Having said that, when I see other people with hair even shorter than my own, I always tend to think it looks longer than mine. I don't know why that is. So I guess I could say that while I feel that my hair is long, I don't think I recognize how long it actually is. :ponder:

ariesfairies
July 11th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Nooo way, especially with curls changing the length almost daily with the humidity! One day its fine, the next it's shrunk 2 cm!

anitacs9101
July 11th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Not really, but it depends. My whole life I would grow my hair to about APL (which was long for me) and then cut to a pixie. Then one day I decided I would grow my hair out and 2.5 years after my last pixie I'm at BSL. My goal was to have hair I could call long, and I do believe I've reached that. My hair DOES feel long, but it doesn't always feel long ENOUGH ;)

mckellyn
July 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Not really, but it depends. My whole life I would grow my hair to about APL (which was long for me) and then cut to a pixie. Then one day I decided I would grow my hair out and 2.5 years after my last pixie I'm at BSL. My goal was to have hair I could call long, and I do believe I've reached that. My hair DOES feel long, but it doesn't always feel long ENOUGH ;)

^^I did this too!!!!! Now I'm shoulder length (again!) aiming for APL (again!) and my final goal this time is Waist.

I will be so happy when I reach BSL, though! Congrats on your success : )

anitacs9101
July 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
^^I did this too!!!!! Now I'm shoulder length (again!) aiming for APL (again!) and my final goal this time is Waist.

I will be so happy when I reach BSL, though! Congrats on your success : )
Thanks :) One day I just looked in the mirror and I was like, "woah, my hair isn't short anymore" xD

Sammie_holms
July 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
My hair is just a little bit past apl, and it still feels short even though it is the longest it has been in about 4 years. Just can't wait until waist!

GrowingGlory
July 11th, 2012, 10:43 PM
My hair has reached its terminal length at waist instead of approximately 3" above a bacterial colony. I'm accepting that but secretly hope that it will grow longer.

fairy666tale
July 12th, 2012, 03:16 AM
My hair is somewhere between waist and tailbone now, but it just feels 'normal'. Not really long or anything.
I don't think I'll really feel like my hair is long until I reach at least classic.

Marcellaa
July 12th, 2012, 03:27 AM
My hair is almost at waist and when I started growing it out, I thought I would find that long enough. But, I don't :o It still feels not nearly long enough.
Now my goal is at hip, but I think that maybe I will try for TBL. I do not want it any longer than that.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 12th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I have a theory - maybe hair is like money - you can never quite have enough, lol.

Shiranshoku
July 12th, 2012, 04:34 AM
I'm quite the exception, lol :D I have SL hair flirting with APL, and I already constantly revel in how long it is. It definitely doesn't feel 'short' to me anymore.

It helps that I wear it up most of the time, so when I put it in a low pony, or loose, a lot of people comment on how long my hair is getting. I love that :)

*undoes ponytail*
*tilts chin upwards*
*sways head to feel hair moving on shoulders*
*swoooooon* My lovely long hair *swooooooon*

Rish
July 12th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I cut my hair to the start of my tailbone and now I think it's really short :(